TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$106
Homewood
US$108
US$127
Courtyard
All reviewsyogurt parfaitice machine wasn't workingtowne place suitesfull kitchenmedical centeralbany downtownan easy driveking size bedbreakfast roomsmall kitchenliving spacenice hotelmaintenance staffbreakfast was includedwaffle makerlonger stayplenty of free parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

The people here were extremely rude and not accommodating. The breakfast was horrible, and the wifi was less than sub par.
Not to mention it is located in a terrible area where I didn't feel safe.
I didn't believe that this hotel was considerate at all. It was dirty and poorly run.
Not recommended to families or to anyone, really.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank beachlover2215
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for your review. As we strive to meet the needs of all of our guests it is unfortunate that at times we do not. I would greatly appreciate your time if you are willing to share with me specifics regarding your stay with us, as we will use this as a learning opportunity for our staff!

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I booked this hotel thinking it was right off the Thruway. I was mistaken. It was about a 15 minute ride, partially highway, and partially through a bad area. It was dark and my husband and I were very uncomfortable, almost turned around. Once we arrived at the hotel, we had to park in the back and walk around the building to the front entrance, which also made us quite leery. Although there is a back entrance, you need to already be checked in and have your key. Once we got into the hotel it was fine. The rooms were very nice, the staff friendly, the breakfast was good too. In the morning when we left ,we again had to drive through some bad areas, and were uncomfortable even during the day. I would not stay at this hotel again due to the location.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am certainly glad that you enjoyed our actual hotel and the services that were provided to you, as unfortunately the surrounding areas are out of our control. There are extremely attractive areas around our hotel and routes to take to get you here, so my sincere apologies that you had come from a route that made you uncomfortable. We greatly appreciate your business and are disappointed that we will not be accommodating your future stays in Albany!

Reviewed 14 August 2015

From the moment we entered and were greeted by Alyssa, we knew our stay was going to be exceptional. We needed an extra cot for our room, but one was not available to the hotel being at max capacity. She tried and tried and looked and tried but there was none to be had. Later I received a call in my room saying that had found one that needed a repair but was functional. Talk about going above and beyond and she even delivered it to our room! This was at 21:00hrs! Awesome Service!

The room was exceptionally clean and the king bed so nice and comfy, my wife and I were wondering if we could stuff it into our travel pack! ~WINK~

The food was satisfactory...included so decent.

Little things could have been done to refine the exterior...but as the big picture goes...wonderful hotel.

Alyssa, we cannot say enough...you made the stay 5 stars. My children hugged her and asked if we could keep her.

Awesome pool guy...sorry forgot your name but becoming a Pilot soon! EVERYONE was super social!

Well done all...5 Star!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

This is an AWESOME review!! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I wish I could've shown you Alyssa's face when we read this to her! She was so appreciative that you took the time to acknowledge her and this made her day/week/month! Great news that you had such an experience at our hotel. We will be undergoing a renovation in the next few months and hope you are able to see the transformation!

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay at the actual hotel, however I do feel that I should warn people about the area. This could've been a one off situation but while walking from the TownPlace suites to Lark Street we did get jumped and assaulted on Delaware across from Lincoln Park and the Thomas O'Brien school. At about 11 o'clock at night while walking, a group teenagers with masks stalked us from the park side of the street until we had gotten past some homeowners who were standing on the sidewalk watching and filming the group of kids. Once we had past of the group they ran over and tripped and punched in the face the person that I was with knocking to the ground and then kicked him. They then ran off and we got up and ran away in the opposite direction to safety. While the situation was bad enough to shake us up a little, we are thankful that it was not any worse than it was. My review of the hotel is not based on what happened that night because we did have a great stay at the hotel and the staff was friendly and the location was more convenient than the other TownPlace suites but I just want to warn everybody to be careful when walking around the area late at night and to maybe take a taxi or Ubër wherever you are going.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amerikki

I'm so sorry to hear about the incident that occurred when you were walking at night in Albany! I'm glad that you are ok and we will certainly make it a point to provide alternative directions from Lark Street to our other guests as a preventative measure. I appreciate your kind words regarding our stay and your actual stay at our hotel and hope this does not deter you from staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

The TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown / Medical Center is a wonderful place for a long term stay. The staff is warm and friendly and happy to recommend places to go. It is centrally located for activities in Albany and Rensselear. I would recommend this property to anyone that this thinking about staying in the are for a day or for long term.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank JimStupka

Thank you for your feedback! Our unique hotel brand does fit the needs of both short and long term travelers and this is great to hear that our guests feel the same! We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you again soon!