All reviewsvalet parkingtimes union centerstate hotelstate streetfront deskjack's oyster househuge bathroomattending a concertwalking distancefree breakfastcapitol buildingroom was spaciousbusiness tripenjoyed my stayyogurtstayed one nightfireplace
Reviewed November 18, 2016

I was looking forward to staying at the Fairfield Inn in Downtown Albany because of the great reviews I read on Trip Advisor, and when I called a few hours before check in and spoke to the very friendly young man on the phone, he welcomed me and assured me that early check in was not a problem. When I arrived, I wasn't thrilled with the somewhat shabby condition of the lobby and debris-strewn elevator, but again the young men at the front desk were SO friendly and helpful, I could easily overlook a few cosmetic flaws. My room was comfortable and seemed adequate....until 11p.m. when I decided to take a shower and it didn't drain, and it was rather disgusting. Again, though the gentlemen at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating, and soon another young man (rather casually dressed,lol) showed me to my new room- quite a large suite. Fortunately the shower in the suite was in excellent condition, unfortunately it was strewn with long strands of black hair--it was foul. About 2 a.m.--I was up late working on a presentation, someone opened the door to my room. I bolted out of bed to greet a front desk person and a very confused looking family, who thought they would be occupying my suite.
The next morning, I couldn't find my new room key and needed to put money on the meter, so I called downstairs and spoke to another very polite young man who promised to make a new key for me when I returned from the meter. When I came back, I was greeted by a young woman whose attitude quickly devolved from unhelpful to unpleasant to assertively negative. She didn't want to replace my key, she informed me that I shouldn't have been booked any room in the first place, that I shouldn't have been moved to a suite, etc. etc. As I had a job interview that morning and was already stressed, it was truly unfortunate that this young woman couldn't just do her job: be helpful. Instead she added to my stress and made a situation that should have been easy difficult and confrontational. Later, she promised to have my room charges amended, but I have yet to see a credit on any of my statements!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
FFIS Albany Dow... S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Dear Karlaanne,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize your stay did not exceed your expectations. I will take your comments to the staff here and go over them to be sure we are continually giving more than 100% for all of our guests.

I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your stay further if you'd give the opportunity. I can be reached at (518) 434-7410 or by e-mail at FFISAlbanyDTSales@Gmail.com

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Long weekend getaway with side trips to visit kids at RPI and Union. Great hotel in downtown Albany right at the state capitol. Room and bathroom were huge! Windows need a washing. Parking is free on weekends on the street but its tough finding a spot. there is valet parking for 16$ with any time in and out but the poor kid has to run two+ blocks and it adds up with tip. There is free breakfast with great waffles.

Recommend City Beer Hall.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

This hotel exceeded our expectations. Last year we stayed in the Hilton across the street which was AWFUL! When we came back to Albany, we really wanted to stay in downtown Albany, however we did not want to go back to the Hilton. The staff here was very friendly, the rooms were gorgeous, views were awesome, and my favorite part was the huge bathroom with a beautiful shower and tub which overlooked the city. While we were checking in another gentleman came in yelling at the staff regarding parking. Apparently he felt the website was misleading regarding the parking situation. Being that this hotel is located in downtown Albany, you have the option of searching for street or garage parking, or paying $16 for valet. This is pretty clear on the website, however, apparently this other guest was confused. My husband and I previously stayed here when it was 74 State Hotel. Since becoming part of the Marriott chain, the hotel has been updated and is a modern touch mixed with some vintage fixtures. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Great views on the 6th floor!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Stayed for two nights for a college visit. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was OK. Lots of staff hanging around talking to each other while the coffee was empty and the fruit needed to be replenished. This happened both mornings. At one point I could not get bread or a napkin because staff was leaning on the counter talking to each other. Same thing with the business center. Needed to wait for the staff to finish surfing the web to print out something. Usually better service at a Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a studio suite.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Cassie M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Dear PR12354,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to provide exceptional service during each stay. I apologize we fell short during your time here. I am glad your room was to your liking, but I would like to further discuss your areas of concern and see if there is anything we can do to make that up to you. Please feel free to reach out via e-mail to cmillerleone@visions-hotels.com to discuss.

Cassie Miller-Leone

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Love this hotel. My husband and I have stayed here for concerts as we live 2 hours away. ALWAYS clean, courteous staff. Valet came right out to the car and took care of everything before we even got our luggage. Andrew at the desk was very professional and helpful. Room spotless. Breakfast is great. We are even talking about doing a "date weekend" here in the future! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: we love #302 overlooking front of hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Judy T,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to review our property! We are delighted to hear you enjoy your stay each time you come to a concert here in Albany. We look very forward to hosting you for your date weekend as well! See you soon!

Best,