“Great dining experience”

black & blue Steak and Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
black & blue Steak and Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 701 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Description: black & blue sets the bar for the New American Steakhouse; elegant yet unpretentious, sophisticated yet approachable. b&b offers an inventive design and unparalleled ambiance for you and your guests. Our inspired cuisine coupled with our gracious hospitality is perfect for your refined lunch meeting, special occasion dinner, family gathering or executive business event. black & blue also offers a variety of private rooms and tailor made menus for large groups. We would be happy to help plan your next business meeting or celebratory function.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is absolutely beautiful. Great atmosphere. Service was first class. I had the pork belly appetizer a first for me. It was delicious. I also had a10 oz filet which was cooked and seasoned to a perfect medium rare. Also would like to mention their signature pretzel bread which was very enjoyable. Somewhat expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. I believe you will enjoy your experience here.

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at black & blue Steak and Crab, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you very much for review, we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My review is skewed a bit by the fact that my lunch was not served while sharing lunch with 3 other people. Others at the table reported that the lobster bisque was luke warm and that is always a worry. The management was very apologetic about the un-served lunch. The B & B offers a very fancy and unique restaurant with upscale design and decor however the food is pricey and not much of it. Still worth a try if you want to impress your guests with a memorable restaurant from the design and decor stand point.

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at black & blue Steak and Crab, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with so much helpful feedback. While we are pleased to hear the positive comments regarding the design and decor, we are concerned about the food and timing issues mentioned. Would you mind sending us a direct message with your reservation information to continue the conversation? Hospitality and the happiness of our guests is our main priority and we would like the opportunity to prevent futures occurrences of this nature. Thank you again

Therese O.
Guest Relations Manager, Two For Seven LLC
therese@twoforseven.com

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We went today me and my husband celebrating our anniversary, it is our first time here and we had an excellent experience:

-We made a reservation on phone, very professional and friendly.

-we picked a booth and it was so cozy and the atmosphere in general is very nice.

-we had the ny strip steak with mashed and steak filet with French fries and both dishes were perfectly cooked!! Just as we wanted them to be and so delicious and fresh.

-They served us a complimentary chocolate strawberry cake for our occasion. Very nice touch of them and it was amazingly tasty!! Forgot to capture a photo but you can see from them empty place, you can tell how good it was :)

-very friendly and courteous staff, fast service and everything was excellent!!

Will definitely love to be back again!

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at black & blue Steak and Crab, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Cyrina, thank you for your review. We are honored that you would choose to celebrate your anniversary at black & blue. We hope to be able to host you again very soon. Happy anniversary!

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Being in the Food & Beverage business my entire life, it’s always fun to be surprised with a great meal. The decor is subdued pretentious, however to my surprise the staff was fun and congenial. Not much of a steak eater, but On occasion a well aged steak is a treat. I had the Steak Au Poivre (you order the cut and the au poivre is an add on, I ordered a NY Strip) the dish was fantastic and cooked to perfection. I ordered the oyster sampler plate for an appetizer which was a great choice and the staff was knowledgeable to explain all the varieties offered. Others in my family had the scallops and all agreed they were outstanding. I would highly recommend this establishment.

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at black & blue Steak and Crab, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Thank you for your review, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We thought we wouldn't have a problem with walking in at about 5 pm on a Friday night, but initially we were told that without a reservation, our group was too big to accommodate that evening (7 people). Before we could leave, a manager came over and actually shifted things around to get us a table, which was unexpected and very much appreciated. The decor is relaxed and inviting, and the chairs were super comfy, which sounds a little funny but everyone in our group commented on. The layout is such that you aren't tightly packed in with other diners and can actually enjoy your conversation without having to speak loudly to be heard. We were immediately brought bread and rolls while we looked over the menu. The wine list was extensive, and they offered a variety of excellent choices. The main menu is, as you would expect, mostly steaks and fish. It seemed as though any sides were ordered separately and do not come with the entree, however the pricing was not outrageous for the add-ons, in my opinion. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and attentive, and the specials all sounded delicious. We ended up ordering specials from the appetizer menu and entrees. I ordered a salad as an appetizer, and it was huge - the size of a main meal. Their house dressing was very good. I also ordered the Filet Mignon with a side of mashed potatoes. The steak was EXCELLENT, cooked to perfection and exactly as I requested, and the potatoes were very tasty, a large portion. Everyone in our party raved about their choices. We were all too full to order dessert, but a small chocolate cake was brought over as our waitress overheard that it was my birthday. So rich and flavorful, we all had a bite or two and were very satisfied. The meal was $540 for the seven of us, which is pricey, but most everyone in our group had at about two glasses of alcohol of some sort (excellent Martini by the way). All in all, a great experience from start to finish, five star all the way - I would highly recommend and am looking forward to going back. Side note, the dinner took about 2.5 hours from being seated to leaving after dessert.

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at black & blue Steak and Crab, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Jessica, thank you for choosing black & blue for your birthday dinner, we are so pleased to hear your feedback. Please come back and see us again, soon!