“Clean older hotel, close to downtown, great rates.”

Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Nice older hotel but clean and convenient to downtown (1.5 - 2 miles); Took Lyft to Palace Theater downtown for less than $6. Room was clean, but mattress should be replaced with better grade. Was just basic with no padded top. I would stay here again and recommend to friends. It's not a 5 star hotel, but for about $70 on a weekend, it works just fine for a lot less than other hotels in the area. Room had small refrigerator and microwave, TV and well functioning, quiet, heating unit.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here to break up a sixteen hour drive. The placed was filthy! The carpet was so gross I wouldn't take my sneakers off. The bed sheets had several cigarette burns in them. We brought our own pillows in and I left them there. We slept as best as we could (considering the noise and partying that was going on) until 6am and checked out quickly! When I told the man at the front desk about the holes in the sheets he very cheerfully offered me a cup of coffee. No thanks!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We were quite surprised at this motel. We were using it just as a lay over on vacation and were a little worried to be honest. When we pulled in we were nicely surprised at the neat appearance and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful in finding us a room earlier than 3PM. He also made some very good suggestions for restaurants in the area. The only complaint I would have is that the non-smoking room smelled like smoke.

Room Tip: Check the room for smell iff you are very sensitive to smoke
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Dropped to stay for a night before I continue my trip. Selected by price! Well don't expect much for a couple of dollars, but u get a lot. My room was smoke free, car found place directly in front of my room. Room itself was clean, not spotless. The tube needs some new silicon around the walls , but okay.
Receptionist was friendly, the lobby offers free coffee in the morning. The room doesn't have a coffee maker which is a minus. Wifi is strong and complementary. Beds were comfy.

Recommended for one night .

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

The rooms walls and Windows were dirty.garbage in trash can.quiet location.They need to learn how to snowplow.we parked on the side by our door but complained and in morning they knocked on door to early and we told her checkout is 11a and she said there was nothing on door.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2017

A little worried with the reviews I saw, but my room was fine. It was not smoked in, and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was professional. The property is well kept. I will recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: most of the rooms have parking right in front of the door
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Comfortable room but smelled of marijuana. Shower nice but not very hot. Man at reception in morning was very unfriendly. Nice bed. Lady at check in was friendly. Outside area in the back is v pretty.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo