All reviews haeundae beach the executive lounge ocean view dongbaek island jogging track famous beach bit dated located right south korea an upgrade business trip lounge area breakfast buffet is five star hotel fantastic location coffee shop starwood
Reviewed October 30, 2018

It is the only resort hotel in mainland Korea, in front of the Haeundae Beach and Dongbaek Park that you can walk along the seashore. If you are upgraded to an oceanview suite room, it is wonderful. However, the hotel is rather old and rooms are very small. The food is average and very expensive. If you are willing to pay for the oceanview room, it is worth the price but park view rooms are small and limited.

Room tip: Get a oceanview room
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RichardHonolulu
Reviewed October 26, 2018

All in all, I did enjoy my short stay here. The location is incredible, right on the beach and the staff is very friendly. My bed was very comfortable and I slept very well, however, the room I was staying in could use a renovation. The signs of wear and tear were clearly visible, especially on the carpet the age was evident.

Room tip: I would request a room with a beach view
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Besides the location and the breakfast that was included due to our status I do not see why you would stay at the Westin Chosun Busan nor can I figure out how this is considered a Westin property, now if it was a 4 points and cost less then that would make sense.

The room was ridiculously small, smaller than some cruise ship rooms we have had. The bathroom door literally touches the toilet when you open it...at least they should put in a sliding door or try to do things that make such a small room more comfortable.

The club lounge has very specific hours and is not opened in between for coffee/water/drinks.

The club lounge had cheap chips and salsa, horrible processed cold meats for happy hour, one of the worst lounge appetizer selections I have ever seen overseas. Low quality beer, wine and appetizers.

The bathroom towels were thin and rough. Our bathroom tub was dirty, it had private body part hair in it...gross. The shower curtain had black mold on it. Shower head was very small and had poor shower water pressure. My scalp burned after taking a shower...too much chemicals (?).

Rooms did not have good sound control, the hallway was loud, screaming children.

There was an advertisement that this property offered a free smart phone for use during your stay, there was no smart phone.

Breakfast: A nice selection of soups and Korean items, homemade yogurt, usually breakfast areas serve you beverages, we had to get our own coffee. The hard boiled eggs were soft. The breakfast was pretty much the same each day with little variation.

Very limited counter room in bathroom and the shower had a tub with curved edges so there was no place to set your bottles.

No iron/iron board in room.

On-line showed that they had suites available however we were not offered one due to status and we are the highest status category the hotel chain has. We were told there were no suites when on-line clearly showed they had some available.

On check-out I was waiting to be asked how our stay was so that I could tell them....they did not even bother to ask us!

Location: right on the edge of the beach, near a lovely walking trail with great views.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann C
Reviewed October 5, 2018

We spend four nights at the Westin Chosun, staying on the ninth floor with beach view. The hotel is overall very welcoming, the atmosphere is warm, bright and friendly. The check in was easy, the staff is well trained and professional. Arriving in the room we where very please. The big panoramic windows open up to the breathtaking beach, you can enjoy this view all day. From the hotel you just walk 20 steps down to the beach, it feels like the beach is yours. The beach is super clean, safe and people flock around till late at night. The pool, sauna and fitness areas are very nice, the breakfast also very good with a huge variety and very good quality of different western and Korean foods. The down turn was the access of the business launch. Kids under 14 aren't allowed. I understand the idea, but the reality was different. The launch is not really for working, just for taking a coffee, so I and my wife had to take shift going to the launch to grab a snack, while the other was watching the kids. This interrupted the flow of the stay and added some unnecessary stress. Also the launch wasn't open till late, which I think can also be improved. Overall a great hotel to stay in Busan. Highlight is the early wake up and watching the sun rise from your room!

Room tip: Watching the Sun Rise from your Room
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I ate at the Westing Chosun Hotel buffet for lunch and it was like eating at the all you can eat Chinese buffet back in the west. You know, the one where you pay 10$ and it's horrible food, but you're okay with it, because you know you are onyl paying 10$? Well, here, you are paying over 70$ and don't get me started on the desserts, which were terrible. Pizza and spaghetti were very popular here, but for 70$!! Give this place a miss.

Also, paying 300 to 400$ for a bedroom is too high.

They also have a coffee shop where they serve 20$ to 30$ coffees. Think about that. 30$ for a coffee.....

Room tip: Ocean view.
Date of stay: December 2017