“Must go place in Gyeongju with kids”
Review of Gyeongju Bird Park

Gyeongju Bird Park
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Both the bird park and the botanical garden were good. The entry ticket fee was 18000 won for adults and 10000 won for kids. Worth the money. We spent more than 3h.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Visited Gyeongju without finding out what kind of attractions it has but we were very pleasantly surprised when a cab driver recommended we visited the bird park.

It is connected to an orchard which We didn't bother visiting (you can look at butterflies and bugs). The bird park was indoors and had a variety of animals. There were fish and reptiles too. You get to hold some of the birds and feed the fishes. Young children would enjoy this especially.

There is also a canteen for some light bites. The staff however do not really speak English but you can get by. I really recommend visiting.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My husband is a birder and in his search for 'birding Korea,' he found the Gyeongju Bird Park. We were planning a trip to Gyeongju anyway, so we checked it out. I am not a birder, but I think all visitors will find something interesting here. The actual aviary is impressive with a wide array of bird species. Bird handlers are dispersed throughout the aviary and there are several areas where they invite you to touch the birds and study the birds closely with an expert on hand. I am not a fan of being in close proximity with birds, but I was coerced into a closed space with my husband, a bird handler and cockatoos. The bird handler ensured the cockatoos were well behaved around us, which I appreciated. I did find the huge variety of birds very interesting, though, and the bird park did a great job in the fun descriptions they presented of the birds. There is also an 'outside' portion (also climate controlled) that had other animals such as Siberian huskies, goats, pigs, etc. There is no smell in the park, unlike many zoos, and the park also offers many fun interactive activities. Like many attractions in Korea, the bird park also includes a fun photo zone that you can choose to use to take a photo that they email you (no cost). For someone who doesn't care about birds, I was surprised to learn that we spent nearly two hours there! It's an interesting time for all ages.