Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed this guesthouse. It's very Korean and traditional. It's nothing fancy but is clean enough and lets you experience Korean living.

Good kitchen and common room. Nice courtyard.

We got a room with a bath for about 45,000 won which was good. There's a couple rooms that are cheaper.

Would recommend to stay if looking for authentic. About 15min walk from intercity bus terminal.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a very unique experience for me to stay in an affortable Hanok Traditional House in the historical city Gyeongju!! I like the place so much, and decided to extend one more night, just want to feel a relaxing atmosphere there!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

During a weekend, we only stayed one night in this magical place, enough to fall under its spell!

Atmosphere of pure relaxation, owners very attentive and kind, all in a typical Korean house at 20m of a historic site. Probably the best value for money we have ever seen.

Bravo and thank you!

Yvonne & Alain

Room tip: Two different kinds of rooms I think... With bed on the floor (with a thin matress, it was enough for a good night !) or with "real" bed (not tried).
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spent two nights at Sa Rang Chae Guesthouse and seriously considered changing my itinerary to stay longer.

A traditional guest house, that requires you to sleep on a thin mattress on the floor, which proved comfortable enough. The walls are thin so be prepared for to overhear your neighbour. My room had it's own toilet and shower both of which worked well but some rooms share a toilet/shower block. I'm in my 50's but felt a definite student atmosphere to the place. Breakfast is provided in the form of bread, butter, jam and eggs which you cook yourself in a communal kitchen. This area also has a computer allowing internet access but free wi-fi was also provided. Meals can be eaten in the shared dining room or outside at tables where guests often congregated. There is a shared fridge, complete with sticky labels to mark your food. Departing guests often left stuff behind labelled 'free,' it was that sort of place. I think the house is well known for its dogs, one friendly, one less so, both clearly very used to having their photographs taken!

The owners were usually available, spoke reasonable English and proved happy to help with tourist advise, booking taxis or on one occasion give a lift (free.) They provide a washing service and laundered, but didn't iron, a basket of clothes for 5,000 won

The house practically borders a park holding a number of royal tombs, is about 10 minutes walk from the observatory. I'd estimate it at 15 minutes walk from the bus station, we arrived by train and the taxi fare to the house was 2,900 won (say £1.50) There are lots of shops and cheap restaurants within 5 minutes walk.

It was the cheapest place I stayed in Korea, my two nights and and one load of laundry costing 55,000 won (approx £27.50) we had booked two rooms so do not know if this led to a reduced rate. Most of my holiday was set in cities, all having a frantic pace of life, Sa Rang Chae was quiet, still and by far the most relaxing place I encountered in Korea. In the evening it was lovely to sit in the main courtyard with a couple of beers (purchased externally) and relax.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed February 3, 2012

4 of us stayed at the Sa Rang Chae Guesthouse, in two rooms. We slept comfortably on the heated floor. They provided sleeping mats, quilts, linens and we had our own bathrooms. We met friendly people in the communal kitchen, and the owners were so nice. Two friendly dogs allowed us to pet and play with them. And we all dressed in hanboks for a fun picture taking.

I'd definitely recommend this place again.

Date of stay: January 2012