we had a reservation at this hotel, however left without unpacking our cases. On arrival we were met by not over friendly staff, we were taken to given a drink at the lake but tablecloths were dirty, men talking very loudly trying to sort out a good deal for fishing which went on for the whole time we spent at the lake! We were shown our room passing treatment rooms, very shabby and felt dirty, we passed a gym, an old building with a couple of run down machinery! the rooms also felt dirty, my husband saw a snake which he decided to tell me after we had left! We decided it wasn't somewhere we felt comfortable, not what we were expecting at all. Such a shame after reading the reviews we were looking forward to our stay. When we said we were leaving we were not offered any refund, therefore were charged for 2 nights! I'm not sure how this accommodation has good reviews on trip adviser, after 3 weeks of visiting Srilanka sadly it was the only place we couldn't wait to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalmanuta is situated in a large lovely park along the Bentota River. Dalmanuta offers full Ayurvedic Treatment or just a relaxing holiday. The Hotel has two pools, one diving deep and one Jacuzzi pool. The restaurant is open also for guests not living at the hotel. Minimum stay 2 nights ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort And Restaurant
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant Hotel Bentota