All reviews nespresso machine pavilion restaurant four poster free bicycles wedding location beautiful hideaway semi outdoor shower tuk tuk little piece of paradise his team sri lankan curry bentota beach fruit platter morris coconut accommodation property
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Our room was stunning, complete with outdoor shower and two divine birds preening themselves in the mirror each day. White netting and sumptuous mattresses ensured relaxing sleeps and our family was made to feel totally welcome, with a lively 4 year old happy to climb the trees. The food was simply divine and the service personal and our trip to the Turtle Sanctuary, in an open-topped car was just amazing.... setting turtle babies free at sunset on an empty beach was a memory for a lifetime. Ben and his family made us feel like it was such a special home from home.... it was truly hard to leave!

Room Tip: We loved being downstairs with our little one for him to run straight out into the beautiful gardens!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Benjamin P, Manager at Nisala Arana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear Larah,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Garden Resort 'Nisala Arana' in Bentota. So pleased you enjoyed the accommodation in our Coconut Junior Suites with Outdoor Rain Showers and the visiting birds. I have passed on your lovely comments to our Chef at The Pavilion Restaurant and thanks for the fine encouragement.

The Morris Minor & Tuk Tuk tours to Bawa Gardens and The Turtle Hatchery are always a favourite especially for those travelling with smaller children. Glad you had the chance to experience and that it offered such special memories for your family.

Thanks finally for your kind appreciation of our property and we do look forward to Welcoming you back for another holiday or possibly a Yoga Retreat with us in Sri Lanka!

Best Wishes & Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2016

I recently stayed in the Nisala Arana on a yoga retreat, my whole experience in Sri Lanka was amazing. The rooms in the Nisala were large,cool and immaculately clean with a en suite that was a lot bigger than I had anticipated.
The staff were both charming and attentive, nothing seemed to much trouble.whether organising transport for an excursion or giving local information and directions. Senna diserves a special mention for his ability to be on call day and night with his trusty tuk tuk, his knowledge of the local wildlife and the surrounding area are invaluable.
We ate like kings and queens for the whole time we were there, all the food was locally sourced and cooked from scratch at all meals.
The Nisala Arana is an oasis of calm and tranquility. It was quite hard to leave as I felt I was leaving behind old friends.
I defiantly hope to return one day with my family.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Benjamin P, Manager at Nisala Arana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear Yogi,

Many thanks for your lovely review.

The Yoga Retreats at Nisala Arana are something unique and it was a pleasure to have hosted you all recently on the property. I hope you know we have confirmed again for 2017 and are now looking at our first wellness retreat from Australia also.

We would welcome the opportunity to have you back again and please offer us kind recommendation to family and friends.

Best Wishes,
Benjamin

Reviewed April 4, 2016

We spent two nights in this lovely property last week. The property itself is located in a lovely surrounding. The rooms are clean and well furnished and the gardens and pool are very well maintained. The food is excellent as well. One thing however that needs attention is the service. I'll give you an example: The property offers spa services and they outsource this to masseuses who are not permanent staff at the property. The masseuse I had was highly unprofessional. She took 4 calls during the massage and then didn't keep her phone on silent. The whole time her phone rang with a loud and jarring ring tone. When I asked her to stop taking the calls after the 3rd time, she merely turned the phone on silent. She also rushed through the whole process and completed the massage in 40 mins as opposed to the 1 hour that she was going to charge me for! When I complained about this to the manager - I received NO apology and she merely said that she would charge me half the price for the massage that had been cut-short. I was horrified, as any respectable hotel would a) not only apologize for the bad service but also b) not charge the customer for the terrible experience that they had to endure. It just seemed that the manager who is supposedly in-charge of running the place has no say in anything and has to go back to the owner who doesn't reside at the property. They waived off the charge after I put up a fight but the whole experience left a v sour taste. The manager then went on to tell all other staff in the property about what happened which then made it v awkward for us! I would expect better especially if this place is charging so much for a night's stay. I even asked the manager for the email address of the owner of the property so I could share this constructive feedback, but she refused to give it to me. I am hoping the man in -charge Ben is able to read this on TripAdvisor and take these suggestions on board. It would be a real shame if such a nice property were to be rated low because of the poor service (which in my opinion could be easily fixed by better training of staff).

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cocoalagoon
Reviewed April 3, 2016

Wow! What a lovely place! We decided not to stay on the beach the first two days of our trip as our preferred villa was booked out by a birthday party we were going to. This place was recommended to us by them. Hidden about 10 mins from the beach by Tuk Tuk, we found ourselves in beautiful garden surroundings (photos are accurate), there were 6 well-appointed, old style cottage rooms with 4 posters, fans, A/C and great al fresco bathrooms in some. Fabulous clean pool and grounds, and a covered area for relaxing and eating – The food was very good indeed. The staff, a wife manager & chef husband in particular, were all very attentive and helped us arrange private Tuk Tuks and A/C cars for longer distance (beware hotel car rates are a little higher here). Very romantic (if that’s what you’re after) and recommended.
NOTES:
Private A/C car from Airport/Negombo to Bentota should be no more than SR70.000
Sri Lankan meals are cooked from scratch here so order in advance, it’s well worth it. Sri Lankan breakfast is a must!
There are mosquitos in SL so bring or buy coils and spray for your trip! (Coils provided nightly here)

Room Tip: The 2x twin rooms are upstairs with a nice balcony and doubles in 2x two room bungalows to the gardens (6 rooms in all)
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2016

My partner and i stayed in this wonderful place for her 30th birthday. The whole stay was amazing with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. Ben and his team went above and beyond to help me arrange my girlfriend's birthday celebration. It was a night we will never forget.

We cannot recommend this place more and cannot wait to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple