Fort Inn Guest House
US$85
US$164
US$113
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Villa Upper Dickson(Galle)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$160
US$194
US$126
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

All reviewsair contuk tukbalcony overlookingtop floorper nightrooms are smallfresh fruitplenty of hot waterfantastic locationtea or coffeenice staystayed two nightsrasikafortfridge
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Our hosts came out to the car to greet us when we arrived. That was very nice after a long journey. We really enjoyed staying inside the Fort. We spent our time exploring it. Our hosts were very attentive and met our every need. The guest house is old and the rooms are very small, but adequate. The bathroom is typical Asian, when you take a shower you clean the whole bathroom. We had a room with airconditioning, I would recommend it. Our room was on the third floor and the stairway is narrow and steep. I wish I had let them know before we got there that we are in our 60s so that they could have put us on the second floor. I loved breakfast on the balcony. Breakfast was good. They arranged a taxi for us to get to the next city and that was helpful. Overall, I would highly recommed this property because of the young couple who own it.

Room Tip: Let them know if climbing steep narrow stairs will be a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthCalgirl
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The family were very friendly and extremely helpful. I felt very at home during my stay.

Accommodation is ok and suits the rustic appeal of staying in the ancient Dutch Fort.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Fort Inn is a guest house inside the walls of the historic city of Galle. And it is everything a guest house should be. You are very much a guest in this lovely house owned and operated by Rasika and Roshan, who really know how to take care of their guests. There are only 3 rooms. My room was on the second floor and was as comfortable as could be. I had a little indoor balcony/sitting area, but much preferred the balcony facing the street, where I would have breakfast and dinner. My room also had a private bathroom, mosquito netting and ac. Make sure to tell Rasika you want her fabulous Sri Lankan breakfast every morning. Beautiful hoppers, coconut roti and curries, with fresh coffee or tea and wonderul tropical fruits. I did go out one night for dinner but again, Rasika's delicious rice and curry makes that an option only for curiosity's sake. She is one hell of a cook! There is always plenty of cold beer available, along with fresh fruit juices. They can make any travel arrangements you require. I enjoyed my stay here very much, befriended some of the other guests, and am happy to say I consider Rasika and Roshan friends now as well. They are the most considerate and warm hosts. I really did not want to leave. I know I will return to Sri Lanka and will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank bklynbubba
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I really enjoyed stay here.
The owners are very helpful and friendly.
There're everything,clean room,hot water shower,free wifi and tasty meals.

Highly recommend the Fort Inn to anybody travelling to Galle.

I'd love to go once again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NAaaao
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights. We enjoyed our stay here. Breakfast is lovely, hot water shower and free wifi. The owners are very helpful and friendly. They gave us recommendations, helped us to get Tuktuks (+ which prices are reasonable to pay). If you are looking for something easy going at a reasonable price, you should consider staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor. We didn't have a view as it is located next to a roof, but ti does limit the street noise. Plus point, went we left our room we had a lovely balcony with street view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends