Fort Inn Guest House
US$139
Villa Upper Dickson(Galle)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$170
US$91
US$85
Agoda.com
All reviewsair contuk tukbalcony overlookingtop floorper nightrooms are smallfresh fruitplenty of hot waterfantastic locationtea or coffeenice staystayed two nightsrasikafortfridge
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our 3 days at Fort Inn were really good value in a well run and friendly guest house. Breakfast was great and Rasika and her husband were always welcoming and very helpful. Definitely worth recommending.

Room Tip: Balcony room has best views
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kel61Kandy
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Rasikas were soo nice and welcoming, the Fort Inn felt like home to us and we really enjoyed our stay. We were even able to learn how to prepare a Sri Lankan breakfast with Rasika! The room was perfect and great value for money, there's nothing bad to say at all about this place:)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank fioonale
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We sourced Fort Inn through tripadvisor and was really glad with the outcome. The owners are super friendly. We stayed in the top room with a little balcony giving you a lovely view of the rooftops of the old city. If you make a stop in Galle, this is the one to stay in. It's basic, but the friendly owners more than make up for it!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kornaye
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After a long drive from kandy i reached galle at 9 pm and unfortunately i was drizzling . we had nt made any reservation ,we tried a couple of top hotels but all were full or dint understand English.
So i looked up online for B&B IN Galle n finally got the number and called.a very kind n sweet aunty picked up the call and was more than happy to accommodate us in her beautiful colonial style home . She even came near the fort gate in the rain to guide us through the old fort city with cobblestone roads :-)
The place was beautiful,, just 100 mtrs from the fort edge, u can even hear the waves slamming against the rocks n the light house light peeking in bw at times ...
Lot of restaurants around as well.so u dont have to worry about food but liquor is not available so i suggest u pick em up before u head into the fort area.

Room Tip: great location and room no alcohol available
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank drtravelfreak
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Best part of this small inn are the friendly, welcoming owners. Decent breakfast with full pot of coffee on balcony overlooking Galle street life. Room/bathroom was so-so in terms of quality and cleanliness. Weird little platform, reached by mini staircase, holding a couple chairs and table. A bit spendy at $50/night, then again it's in a great location in the heart of the fort. The thing that put me off was my onward transportation. I contracted with the man of the house to drive me to Tangalla, about three hours away. He said he had his own vehicle and would drive me there. I confirmed with him twice that he would be the driver. I was looking forward to our journey because he was friendly, his English was good, and I figured I'd get to learn a little more about Sri Lanka. (The price he quoted me was the same as the rest of the cars and drivers for hire in that town.) But when it was time to leave he sluffed me off on another driver with poor English who would drive the inn owner's car. When I reminded the inn owner that he told me twice that he was going to drive me, he said that he needed to pick his son up from school and that if he drove me his wife would have to close the inn while she collected their kid. Since this scenario would be the rule for every schoolday, I have to conclude that the man never intended to drive me to Tangalla. On top of that, they suggested I pay for the ride upfront to them rather than to the driver at the end, as if I was going to fly halfway around the globe to cheat them out of a car ride after they deceived me on the driver. (Or maybe they didn't trust the driver with the money.) I really liked these folks, but in the end, they were similar to the vast majority of tourist industry people in Sri Lanka, readily willing to tell you whatever they think you want to hear as they collect your money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo