See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2016

its cool place haha we have good time in this hotel we stay 4 night here
the environment is so peaceful,dashing swimming pool i try lankan food soo delicious and room service perfect early morning sun shine view was amazing
have fun ..

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jhonenisana29
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

It's located is good . Old furniture . Swimming pool is very good . Good housekeeping. But tv is not good . Good restaurant . Test food . And lots of thing . It's 3 star hotel . Not bad . It's good . In average hotel . If you stay average hotel in good price . It's ok this hotel ......

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

Booked one of the apartment "suites" here. Unfortunately, this was the only bad experience we had in Sri Lanka. My fiancee got up in the middle of the night and found a rat in the bathroom and not a small one either. It was about 5am and she didn't sleep a wink afterwards. We closed off the bathroom, which we considered unusable at this stage, and went and told reception. They brought someone down who looked around but the rat had gone so they considered the problem solved.

We decided just not to use the bathroom, get some sleep and get out of there asap. My fiancee didn't get anymore sleep that night though. When we got up a couple of hours later there were fresh rat droppings in the shower basin so he obviously had come back. I realised then that the shower drain was uncovered and that is how it was coming and going.

It became like Fawlty Towers at this stage. A cleaner came down and wiped up the droppings with some tissue paper and threw them in the toilet and acted like that was problem solved. He then laughed and made a little rat gesture! I told him it wasn't funny. The place stank of rat crap still. He eventually went off and got some cleaning materials and washed the place properly. He then showed it to me again (to be honest we were never going to use it in the circumstances so I was just being polite at this stage) and I showed him how the rat was getting in and out. He went off and got some gauze and made a make shift cover in fairness to him but if I wasn't leaving that morning I wouldn't have stayed there anyway.

He then brought me in to show me the gauze and when he did I saw and pointed out to him that there was a cockroach in the toilet bowl!! He flushed the toilet a number of times until that problem disappeared too.

In fairness to the cleaner he was great, did everything that he could to make us feel more comfortable. Unfortunately, in my opinion anyway, rats and cockroaches are completely unacceptable! The response from the hotel was a half assed offer of a free breakfast. There was no way we were eating there.

Other reviewers have commented that this is budget accommodation. We payed $35 each for the privilege of a poor nights sleep, a load of hassle and having to use showers and toilets elsewhere on our last day in Sri Lanka. For me, that's not good value and we stayed in far nicer places elsewhere for less money than that.

This is the only place we stayed where we booked it regardless of the reviews for convenience sake. I highly recommend you don't make the same mistake.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul C
Anton G, Manager at Paradise Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

Anton G, Manager at Paradise Holiday Village, responded to this review, Mar 30, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam
We have made a proper investigation regarding this matter and we would like to say that the droppings on the sink basin were from a squirrel. We haven’t got any reports from previous guest about rats in rooms and we do make thorough checks before checking in guest to a room. Even though after the complaint was made by the guest the hotel offered to change the room and the guest refused because they were checking out few moments after.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 26, 2016

I was here for 3 nights with a tour group and it was a totally acceptable place, my room, although sparsely furnished, was clean and tidy and the gentleman who cleaned the room each morning was very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast selection isn't big but has a good selection of fruit, eggs and local dishes to set you up for the day. The restaurant has an extensive menu and doubles as the room service menu. The hotel does have a private beach which can be reached by walking 5 minutes down the road.
It seems to be very popular with tour groups and although there are probably fancier hotels in the area for what I paid I was happy

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are furthest away from the road and therefore a little quieter
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay our first apartment had 2 large rooms a bedroom and kitchen the kitchen had nothing as regards a kettle or plates etc the bedroom had no drawers to put clothes in and was a bit tacky could have been done with some TLC. We were there for 2 weeks holiday and I found the room unacceptable so I asked for another room and we were delighted when we got moved to a suite with large bedroom very hard bed but I can sleep on anything lol large wardrobe with shelves but still no drawers a sitting area with sofa and chairs and a kitchen area with table and chairs again with no utensils or kettle ( I always bring my own kettle just in case ) we were booked room only and found it strange there was a kitchenette with lovely units but bare of cups etc we like some cereal and a cuppa for breakfast but this was not catered for we asked for cups bowls and some utensils which staff brought to us without question as for the rest the pool was great large clean and had a kiddies bit the food was very very good and the staff were just THE BEST. Going back in July and staying again All this place needs is a woman's touch and it would be amazing

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy G

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from Paradise Holiday Village. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Paradise Holiday. Thank you very much for the feedback. Your positive feedback will help us to grow and be better in our future services.