2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$83
TravelocityUS$83
Orbitz.comUS$83
TripadvisorUS$83
eDreamsUS$87
StayForLong
2,081 results
All reviews sri lanka palm trees egg hoppers jetwing hotels sea view indian ocean set menu negombo beach welcome drink restaurant staff seafood colombo varieties
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2019

We stayed here our first night in Sri Lanka and were disappointed we weren't staying longer. The location is on a beautiful beach and not far from the international airport. The staff were very friendly and everything was nice and clean. The breakfast in the morning was extensive with choices of western and local cuisine choices. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2019

Dear Guest,

Happy to read your feedback.

Your satisfying holiday memories have made us very proud of our service achievements. Meeting expectations of guests at Jetwing, is the prime concern and your detailed review has made all of us very motivated.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future for a much longer stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Jetwing blue

I holidayed here during the second week of September 2019 and the weather was a 50/50 mix of dry and heavy rain. I didn’t mind this personally but you’re after guaranteed wall to wall sun then I’d recommend another month, November onward apparently.

The hotel

The staff are very warm and friendly, infact everyone I’ve come across in Sri Lanka genuinely seems that way. They can’t do enough for you at meal times, round the pool and in general.

Free water everyday in the room was a major plus.

The food is really very good! Mainly curry’s and some oriental influence, but all very tasty. Plenty of vegetarian options. One night there was a BBQ on the beach , I don’t eat meat but the fish and veggie options were outstanding. (Though for me a cat running riot causing chaos stole the show )

The rooms are really spacious and well equipped and kept clean and tidy.

I used the driver from the hotel Sarath for a few excursions, he was very helpful, knowledgeable and respectful. Also very friendly without being over the top. I fell asleep on the way back from Kandy and he didn’t disturb me with small talk.
There are plenty of options to do day trips.

The gym surprised me with how well it is equipped, i noticed a few independent ones on the way to the hotel and they didn’t look half as good. Get weights benches (even smith machine) and cardio options like bikes, cross trainers and treadmills

The only thing for me that could be perceived as a down point is the incessant hassle from sales men and women on the beach. I understand they are just trying to make money, and the time of year I went is considered quiet, but it’s quite draining. I found one would land on you then others would see and join. It seems they aren’t allowed around the pool. However because the sun beds are facing out toward the sea it doesn’t stop them hassling from afar.

Yes, there are a few dogs and cats on the beach front, and there was a bit of noise at night at points with other guests, but that is no way a fault of the hotel in my opinion. Plus it’s nice to have dogs and cats around!

Overall I loved my stay at jetwing blue and I hope to return some day!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure reading your descriptive feedback highlighting the areas that made your stay memorable.

Thank you for the feedback of the sellers which has our full attention, although not part of the hotel team, rest assured that we are taking some measures to address the situation while respecting their needs to make a living.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2019

We checked in to Jetwing Blue to have a quiet, relaxing holiday by the beach. The beach was not suitable for swimming, but the swimming pool was lovely and the staff were friendly. My wife used the massage service in the hotel which was very good and reasonably priced. We were in a room on the ground floor (Room 107). This was nice because it was just beside the pool, but unfortunately the hotel staff were very noisy during the day, shouting to each other along the corridor outside the room, with no concern for the guests. In the evening on 17th September, other hotel guests along the same corridor were having a loud party. They appeared drunk, playing extremely loud music and singing loudly outside their room facing the pool. I tried to get some sleep before leaving for the airport at 10pm but eventually gave up trying to sleep due to the loud music and singing.

Room tip: I advise travellers not to choose a room on the ground floor for reasons explained above.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Thank you for all the encouraging comments. Regret the inconvenience occurred due to the noise from the corridors and the neighboring room. Measures will be taken to avoid similar inconveniences to guests in future.

Hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2019

Jetwing Blue is one of my favourite hotels. I would classify it as a solid 4 star hotel. Location is beautiful. Staff are super friendly, kind, efficient and helpful. Great pools. Great breakfast. .
Beach is clean near hotel. Lots of dogs around. Those with a clipped ear have been vaccinated & desexed - we found them all to be friendly and gentle.
Would definitely stay again if return to Negombo.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Pleased to read that your stay at Jetwing Blue was memorable and were satisfied with the room, pool, food and service.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future for yet another great stay.

Reviewed September 20, 2019

Very friendly service and a great breakfast buffet. My first stay there was without a prior booking. Even though I arrived late at night, Ashan at the front desk handled this as if it were routine. breakfast was a treat -- truly wonderful hoppers and excellent service from a very friendly team including Barbara and Kasun and the lady behind the hopper counter who accommodated all my different requests over two breakfasts. The rooms are spare and elegant with lovely views and Laki Senanayake prints that look entirely appropriate.
What I liked most was the genuine commitment to conserving water, including detials on how much water is used with each shower, which appears to be a special initiative of the general manager. The pool attendants rushed to find an additional deck chair because a dust storm the day before had rendered two other pools temporarily unusable.
On a subsequent booking in July Romena in reservations was very helpful and efficient

Date of stay: July 2019

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure reading your feedback.

Very much delighted to learn of your pleasant experience with us. Thank you for all the encouraging words and for sharing it with us for our review. We have also conveyed your appreciation to the team as well, especially Ashan, Barbara, Kasun and Romena.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.