Lowest prices for your stay
US$68
Free cancellation until 21-10-08
Hotels.comUS$68
Booking.comUS$72
ZenHotels.comUS$82
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The first day we arrived we were taken to Catamaran Beach Hotel in Negombo, we arrived and waited to be checked in. Our room was at the far end closer to the swimming pool and beach. Just becareful when you go to the beach side, there are guys selling their wares and are willing to stand and stare at you for so long until you ignore them. The hotel is quite old and looks a bit run down. Our room was okay, at night before going to bed we used the toilet and it got stuck and couldn't be flushed. We called maintenance to fix it and they couldn't do anything, we had to change rooms, imagine you had travelled all the way there and we were planning to go to bed early instead we were lugging all our baggage and stuff to the new room. The new room was not good too, water in the sink was not going down and so was the water in the shower area. The food is okay and staff is friendly and helpful as well.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Srilankan Air Lines Transit hotel, our flight got cancelled, airline paid for our stay. Dinner buffet was pretty good with singer singing local songs in front of your table. Located in a business area, where you can buy teas, little gifts local fruits... close to the beach with nice view! Good hotel!

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank phishinghan
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a good room, can't complain as many here. Food was good, staff as everywhere in Sri Lanka - happy faces, little english :) BUT beach was clean, nice outdoors outside the room, wifi, clean room and good bed, AC... so everything we needed. We found a turtle in the garden and a squeerel :) Good located, can walk outside to shops and bars...

Room tip: our was a ground floor. Don't know if any others better or worse..
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Had an overnight layover here and was booked in by Sri Lankan airlines. Hotel is a but run down, but fine as a layover. I was bitten by bedbugs as the room was infested. I was moved to a second room in the early hours of the morning and promptly fell asleep as I was totally exhausted from travel. The hotel di not have a first aid box and I was take to the hospital the next morning as I had been bitten very badly and had had a severe reaction to the bites. The morning staff were more aware of the seriousness of the issue and a manger was called. He took me to the hospital and paid for the treatment, later they brought me a plate of fruit and asked if I would like anything specific to eat. I'm not sure , but I think they got a fright as the doctor at the hospital asked me to stay there as he was afraid that I would go anaphylactic shock and that I could die. A horrible experience as I spent the last day of my holiday in a drugged daze! Transfer to the hotel was terrible, we waited at the airport for over an hour. Food was varied and of a good quality. Be careful if you are booked into this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank trojanguru
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were booked here by Sri Lankan airlines after they delayed our flight for a day. It's about half an hour from the airport and 45-minutes from Colombo (if you take the highway). The staff was very helpful when I left my instrument in the transport van and then again the next day when we wanted to arrange a driver to take us into Colombo - though we're pretty sure they overcharged us for the day (USD$70 for the day).

The room (#14) was large but very institutional. Two beds with sheets but no blankets, lots of tile and a large bathroom (though there's no water pressure to speak of). Breakfast was great and the staff was, again, very helpful. We didn't stay for lunch. The beach is lovely but full of salesmen... my son and I went out there for a walk and spent the entire time saying, "no thank you" to the random people who approached us. We didn't use the swimming pool at all.

While we wouldn't pick this hotel ourselves it was just fine for a one-night stay.

Room tip: 14 was near the main corridor and gathering area so if you're looking for a bit more quiet I would ask for a room further down the hall.
Date of stay: January 2014