“Holiday”
Review of H Resort

H Resort
Ranked #9 of 115 Hotels in Pingtung County
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful view, comfortable n clean room. Service staffs are good. Breakfast had quite a good spread. During evening , start from 7pm there is LED display accompanied by music. It lasted about 15 mins.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teo S
H_Resort, 公關經理 at H Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear guests

Thank you for staying at our resort and taking the time to give us a review here in Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you visit and I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience at H resort . Your comments will certainly be a great encouragement for our staff as well.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Kenting, and should you need any assistance please feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I have to say the resort is perfectly for couple or family.
I recently travelled with my friends when visit my home Taiwan.
And i was surprised the hotel's management detailed check anything can be improved.
As i am doing hospitality industry job so i do understand how good is this resort and of course some tiny thing can be fix but not major.

Also i want to command the guest from norway name follox who left the bad review.
If you expecting some honeymoon special, pay for whatever you want.
They are selling the room call honeymoon suite not honeymoon package, i did checked the price you wouldnt pay much more to get special pacakge with any extra facilities.
So stop whinging as i can see you just want to claim something complementary. It is really such a shame for the beautiful country you came from.
Also the other things you complained i cant really see the issue so i do strongly suggest you stay at your lovely home and never travel to ruining your own life and bother such a good resort what good review they deserved.

Amen.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Webber H
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while touring Taiwan. Had a very spacious, well appointed room with a beautiful ocean view. Grounds, etc. were immaculate and the service at every interaction was excellent. If you're traveling with young kids beware of the amazing game/play room as your kids won't want to leave because they'll be having too much fun! Overall, a great hotel, and plan to return!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2016

We had stayed in this hotel for one night in December. Although we did not expected that the hotel was located in a very remote area. It took at least 40 minutes by car from the center of Kenting. However the experience was really nice. Without say, it is quiet during the night. Also the buildings, the rooms and the surroundings are beautiful. The food is also very good there, for both diner and breakfast. It is very nice to spend the whole day relaxing, eating, taking photos, reading, or just staring out to the ocean .....

Room Tip: The schedule of shuttle is not that convenient. However they can call a taxi for you.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Attracted to h resort because of its infinity pool. Nothing could describe its amazing view!!!! Great service and love every bits of it! Breakfast was ok , just a bit far from ken ting. However hotel provides shuttle. Would recommend :) !!!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
H_Resort, 公關經理 at H Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear Jen

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2015

First and foremost, you NEED your own transportation if staying here. Yes they have shuttles, but even then you'll be doing a lot of walking. It's quite far (30 minutes) from the downtown Kenting area and beaches. So if you're looking to sit on the beach, then this place is not for you.

That said, the pool was pretty nice. One wonderful thing was they didn't make us wear swim caps like nearly every other place in Taiwan. When we stayed it wasn't very busy. However ordering drinks at the bar is a bit of a pain as they have to run back and forth and get receipts and what not.

The rooms were nice, every room is an ocean view which is wonderful to wake up to in the morning. The bath and shower were quite nice but the glass wasn't cleaned very well, and we could see other people's hand prints (ew!).

Which brings me to my final say. It was nice, but it always seemed like it was 2 nudges away from being perfect. Clean but not detailed clean, bar but slow, shuttle to parking lot but slow, ect.

The breakfast was OK. The toaster took FOREVER and people ended up stealing my toast.
I

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Grace K
H_Resort, 公關經理 at H Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Dear Grace K

Your constructive feedback is also appreciated, and rest assured that we are doing our best to rectify the need of improvements.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2015

To the general manger of H Hotel in Pingtung

I have to say that this has not been an easy task. I have tried to reach the general manager for more than three weeks now. I do not understand why H Hotel makes it so hard to get in contact. You do not have any e-mail address on the homepage nor on Facebook. You can only reach the hotel trough phone. The contact form on your homepage does not work either. Maybe you should go ahead and fix this so guest can contact H Hotel electronically?

So in order to get in contact with the hotel I have now been writing privately on your Facebook page. After getting in contact on Facebook, it took one more week before I got your e-mail address.

We stayed in your hotel for our honeymoon from 08/07/15 to 11/07/15
At the check-in, we told the receptionist that we was there for our honeymoon. They was surprised, even though we stayed in the so-called honeymoon suit. We asked if we could get something in our room since we was there for our honeymoon. H Hotel provided us with two very small bottles of wine (red and white). During our two weeks in Taiwan H Hotel was the hotel that gave us least.

Our question is why all the rooms in the 8th floor are called honeymoon suits? Do the hotel know the meaning of the term honeymoon?
If you have rooms called honeymoon suit it should provide something special.
As newlyweds, it would be great if it were a bottle of champagne, flowers or fruit in the room when arriving. However, it was nothing, just an ordinary room. If you have people visiting H Hotel on their honeymoon it should be a room only for them, not for the whole 8th floor. It is better of calling these rooms deluxe or something similar instead of honeymoon.

I have to say that we are disappointed in H Hotel regarding this matter. We were not treated different than any other guests that stayed in your hotel. In other words, H Hotel did not make our stay any special. It is strange that the hotel is not trying to do anything special for guests staying there on honeymoon.

Now we would like to move on to the food in H Hotel.
Breakfast:
I am western, so I like bread for breakfast. The toaster does not toast the bread at all. After running the bread trough the machine for the 6th time it has a small tint of toast color on it. It does not help to adjust the temperature setting on the toaster either.
I like to have banana on my toast. This was not easy to find in the hotel. I had to ask several times for banana, as it was nowhere to be seen in the breakfast area. The respond was that you did not have any banana. Why don’t you have banana?
Further, why do you only have two different jams? Why is there no chocolate spread? Why do I have to ask for more milk for my cereal? Why do I have to ask for more bowls to have cereal in?
As a guest, it should be really unnecessary to ask any of these things to your staff. You should never run out of milk, cereal or anything during food service. To be frank with you, I
have never ever stayed in a hotel before that runs out of food during breakfast, lunch or dinner. Furthermore, my wife discovered a cockroach in your congee for breakfast. The congee was replace with a new one but nothing was said to my wife. You was not sorry that this ruined her breakfast that day.

Dinner:
The space are enormous when it comes to sitting area. However, it is not much food provided for all these seats. During dinner service, you are running out of food. We have to ask for more vegetables, which takes the hotel 20 minutes to fix. When empty container are replaced with fresh new vegetables, it is lukewarm. In general, it is not enough food during dinner service. It looks like the hotel is more keen of removing empty dishes from tables than making sure that you are not running out of food. Again, I have never been in a hotel I have to ask for more food. It also seems like you are trying to serve “up-scale” Taiwanese food. What is the point of this? Why can’t H Hotel serve dumplings, noodle soup, fried rice, sizzling hot plate etc. just to mention some.
The food in general is lacking flavor. I really love Taiwanese food and the dinner in H Hotel was a huge let down. It is much better to travel back to Kenting and eat there.
Sky bar
We went here to have something to drink. The place was icy cold. Aircondition was set to a ridiculous low temperature. Anyways we wanted to have some drinks. So we proceeded to order beer and a cocktail. Drink was served, but we would like some snacks with it. So my wife went to ask the bartender if they had nuts, crackers or potato chips. Answer was they did not have this.

Checkout:
One good thing to say, check out is quick and so is check in.
Why doesn’t you asked the guest how the stay was?
One easy sentence: How was the stay at our hotel?
If you asked us this at the checkout, we would ask for the general manager so we could bring this information to him\her. You did not bother asking us anything, and we have to spend a lot of time afterwards to get hold of the GM.

Stayed: July 2015