See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

So this is a tricky one... The lodge itself is quite pleasant. A nice oasis in the city of Arusha. The people are very nice and friendly. The rooms are not too bad. Well what is the problem then? If you are just staying one night you have nothing to fear especially if you leave early. But we spent 3 nights there and it was kind of a nightmare. The noise was so annoying because of the church just next to the lodge. Very noisy very long and very frequent. It seems like the problem is well known by the agencies because we were the only clients for the most of our stay. That makes the problem even worse because less personnel and things are going down. Like the souvenir shop that is a souvenir itself. The massage room that is just an abandoned house. The rooms not very clean because not used or just by the dust. It is difficult to rate this place because it's situation is very complicated. We spoke a lot about it with the manager and the other employees but they can't do much about it. So to resume I would say that is a good place to stay the first or last night of your trip. But I guess that there are other lodges outside the city near the airport and peaceful...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sebastien H
Reviewed December 2, 2016

We arrived at this hotel fairly late at night but were greeted promptly upon arrival by a very friendly staff member who provided the room key and arranged for someone to bring our bags to our room. The room itself was very spacious with a good size bathroom, king bed and even a shared balcony (no tv).

I would classify this as a transit hotel where you stay a night or two before the start of your safari. We stayed two nights before and one night at the end of our safari and we have no real complaints but I probably wouldn't stay here for a full week. The staff is very friendly, the food is good, and the grounds are nice and include a swimming pool and the property is gated so you are safe. You would never know there was a lodge like this tucked in the middle of this neighborhood. I didn't find anything wrong with the neighborhood, I might not walk outside the grounds of the lodge by myself but overall I felt very safe in Arusha. Our driver did say the lodge was in the poorer section of the city but it was an interesting place to see.

As others have noted, there is a multi-use church right next door and you can hear the mosque prayers starting around 4am and a amplified mega-church service around 7am. I would just recommend keeping your windows closed, which we did but you can still hear it a bit.

Overall we had a nice stay here and would recommend it for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2016

This place is peaceful, offers great food, is run by a very caring capable staff (especially the manager, Yuster). I spent 2 nights here, and wished I could make it to 2 months. Highly recommended for solo travellers and couples looking for some peace and quiet.

Room Tip: quiet rooms, swimming pool, good breakfast, attentive staff, clean room, nicely decotated
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2016

Very nice and clean place in the city. Good starting/end point for safari trip. We stayed in room far from the church (##20+) and it was no noise at all.
Great lobby, friendly staff.
Some monkeys around ;)
Internet did not work.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2016

We arrived late at night in Arusha and the manager kindly asked if we wanted a meal. We did, so his kitchen staff stayed and prepared a lovely meal. We were a little taken aback by the prices (US$20 per person) until we realised this way typical for Tanzania tourist spots.

The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and good bathrooms.

Unfortunately we did not have time to use the pool. One small problem was that our room was right next to a church and they began their services at 6am. It definitely woke us up and the kids. The manager had warned us the night before, or else I would have thought there was a riot in the streets. I'm not sure if the services are everyday, or just the day we happened to be there, but in any case, we had planned an early (but not quite that early) start to our safari.

The breakfast was also very good. The manager also kindly allowed us to leave several bags that we did not need on safari that we picked up at the end of our safari.

Room Tip: Far from the church if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family