All reviews vanda spa hotel restaurant family suite shuttle bus pool bar third floor mango breakfast staff plenty of sunbeds laundry service nice resort yogurt pad thai verve orchids massage khao
Reviewed December 5, 2015

This a beautiful hotel in Khao Lak and we loved our stay here. Our deluxe room was spacious and comfortable and well decorated. The family pool is beautifully designed with orchids in the middle and a pool bar you can sit at. It wasn't crowded at all when we were there. There is also an adult only pool. The beach is long and golden and good for swimming. The food is very good, though breakfast got a bit samey after a few days. There are two beach restaurants nearby which are much cheaper than the hotel and most guests go there in the evenings. Some of the staff speak good English, others don't. They were all very helpful and kind. The tour seller speaks excellent English and the Khao Sok tour we went on was very good but quite pricey for Thailand.

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms are in the newer section of the hotel and much better than the standard ones.
1  Thank 649Kathy
Reviewed December 4, 2015

as soon as we arrived we were welcomed with a cold drink and friendly staff. we were shown to our lovely room on the third floor. the room had everything we wanted with a lovely view towards the adaman sea. the location of the hotel was for us just perfect on a lovely beach that stretched a long way in both directions. the food at the hotel was excellent with music in the evening by a good singer who knew all the favourites. since our last visit a couple of local eating places had sprung up adjacent to the hotel , they were very good and friendly.

1  Thank CONWAY177
Reviewed November 26, 2015

I was rapt with this choice of hotel for our 4 day stay in Khao Lak. Although it has no lift so if you have mobility issues ask for the Ground level. We were on 3rd level, but they took our suitcases up & down for us so that was no problem. I loved the view across the middle pool area and across to the beach! I loved the little Thai open-air restaurants up the road too (Lay Restaurant, which also puts chairs & tables on the beach). I did love the beach across the road other than I found it a little rough the day we went in it, but it was so pretty, and has free chairs & umbrellas. The room was massive. The bathroom was massive. The bed was hard again but they seem to be hard everywhere in Phuket, it didn't stop me sleeping! I loved everything about this place. My partner said it was a little "away from everything" as it's about 4km down a road - however when asked "would you rather be in the middle of town or near the beach" - he said Good Point! You can catch a taxi into town (I recommend you do for the market), whereas if you stayed in town, I'd be catching cabs to the beach! Found the staff lovely too. Wonderful value too!

Room Tip: We had 3rd level but if you can't do steps request ground level.
1  Thank DiannesReviews
Reviewed November 24, 2015

Trying to find that really impressive place on the internet can be a minefield. There is just so much to choose from and so much to read about it. Sometimes you just have a gut feeling.
For me, this place has it all. Firstly it was a quiet, out of the way place, I wanted a beach to walk on, a bar to drink at, a pool to swim in and an authentic experience.
The Khoalak Orchis is entirely self contained on a patch of ground cleared out of the jungle. To the rear of the complex is a relatively un touched jungle which reaches way back. To the front is a pool and garden area enclosed in a horseshoe shaped building allowing all rooms a sea view. There is a small reasaurant and bar on site but another tw or three independent restsurants within easy walking distance and yes you could feed a family of four for less than £10.00 (if you dont want wine).
The staff throughout were fantastic. Only too pleased to help and even to try to speak English.
If you think this is too isolated then there is an houlrly shuttle service into the town of Khaolak.Here there is a big market. There are resturants and bars galore. You will be spoilt for choice. Taxis are plentiful so you wont be left stranded and after a night out in the town, back to the fabulously quiet and romantic hotel.
The rooms are perfect. Large enough to enjoy, great tiles shower and a sea view.
This is truly a paradise hotel. Sad memories of the tsunami which did so much damage here. Show respect and move on. I rteally hope to go back again one day.

Room Tip: I did choose an extra large balcony but the mosquitos won possesion.
2  Thank Jonathand24
Reviewed November 22, 2015

We booked a 2 bedroom suite, and boy were we impressed! The suites are massive and beautifully furnished. The aircon works well, and there are plenty of power points (we counted 34 in total in our suite!). Breakfast was good and was re-stocked quickly. We found the staff all very helpful and friendly. They have blue ray players in each room and also a very well stocked (free) DVD library. They have a good spa and also an outdoor massage area by the pool. We used both and found both very good/reasonable. We didn't eat dinner here, but ate at the two restaurants just along from the hotel (one of them is Lays which is No. 1 on the Tripadvisor Khao Lak restaurant review list). We found the best cocktails to be at the restaurant/bar just to the hotel! All in all I would say 5*. Looking forward to our return!!

Stayed: November 2015