“A nice meal by the sea with little 'but'”

Ocean Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 121 Restaurants in Cha-am
Cuisines: International
Description: A popular Hua Hin Restaurant, the Ocean Terrace offers an casual open-air restaurant overlooking the ocean. Serving a wide selection of cuisine including fresh seafood BBQ and a la carte dishes, wood-oven Pizzas and Thai favorites, there is something to suit all tastes.
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We went to the Novotel rooftop to enjoy the sunset and happy hours drinks. Then we dined at this beach front restaurant. Our friends were regulars there but I found they were not so well received. My friend greeted a wait staff with a Thai "wai"
but did not get the same response from the staff. This is considered rather rude in the Thai context. The wait person may have been too busy to notice or prejudiced (my friend had a South Asian look). In fact, the wait staff should have greeted him first with the "wai". Not the other way round. For this, I could have given the restaurant only 3 stars.

However, another wait staff
did an excellent job in bringing two red wine samples for us to taste at our request while I noticed that it was not an easy task for her to negotiate with her supervisor and the bar. She did it all with good intention and patience and smile. For this, I increased the rating to 4 stars.

For dinner, we ordered a pizza, 2 insalata caprese and 1 beef boulgogi. For some reasons, the beef and pizza came first and the salad last. A bit strange. The food was all properly presented and well portioned. The flavor was acceptable.

We had a good time otherwise at the resto.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the Novotel Resort and had both lunch and dinner several times - not disappointed once.
Comparable high prices but looks good and taste good aswell.
Nice and friendly staff - very convenient if you stay at the resort.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We tried the food here several times during our stay at Novotel Hua Hin, and we where very happy with the flank beef they serve on thursdays! The meat was perfectly cooked, and we could choose the accessories ourself. The service is very good, and the prices are not too bad. Very romantic to sit at this restaurant at night.

Patrick J, General Manager at Ocean Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2015

Dear Susannell,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. I’m glad to know that you have enjoyed our food and service. Your kind comments are very encouraging and we will strive to excel in our products and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another lovely break at Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort&Spa.

Novotel Hua hin Cha Am Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Nice atmosphere with jazz band, nice decoration, great taste and fresh food, served with friendly and professionnel staff, everything to make your dining experience unforgatable. I will come back for sure. And the desert is amazing!!

Dear AjarnFarangset,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a superb review on Tripadvisor. It gives me great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel especially our dessert. Your comment has been already well received and I will share them with my entire team.
Once again, thank you for the feedback. We are already awaiting your next stay with us.

Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort&Spa

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Expensive wanted 400 baht £8 to cork our bottle of champagne for my wife's birthday !!??
Why when we are also long stay guests at the hotel !!??

Patrick J, General Manager at Ocean Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear elton12us,

Thank you for your feedback. I have personally inquired and discussed this matter with the restaurant manager to come up with a solution on corkage charging, especially with our long staying guests. My apologies for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel.

Novotel Hua hin Cha Am Beach Resort & Spa