“Another excellent stay :D”

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed 15 May 2012

What can I say beyond the title:

So many staff recognize me and go out of their way to greet me and treat me like royalty that I can not begin to name them all.

What is especially notable is that even though there were two major events during my recent stay and your staff was working VERY hard, the cheerfulness, helpfulness and smiles never faltered. I honestly don't know how they can keep up such good spirits while they are working and helping some very demanding people for many hours (I actually saw some interactions of customers with your staff that made me cringe because the customer was so rude and demanding but your staff just smiled and satisfied their "request"/demand).

Having stayed in many Starwood properties I believe that it is not only the staff that sets the tone, but also the way they are treated by management, so my appreciation extends to all levels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EstnetKualaLumpur

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I had booked three weeks with half board and all was well! Simply a very good price performance ratio.

The hotel had a very nice pool area, large modern and clean rooms with all conveniences, four very good restaurants are very courteous and helpful staff throughout the object. We may also experience the so-called Indian weddings, which should be as annoying and loud. But there were wonderful experiences that brought a special flair to the hotel. Near the hotel there are 8 golf courses were for me as a fan of golf to the best advantage. All in all it was for me a very nice holiday.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with family for a couple of nights. Rooms are lovely and large. Swimming pool great and was well used by us all especially the children. Beach wasn't very good and I got stung by a jellyfish whilst in swimming ouch! Ate at Italian and beach bar and good was great. Breakfast was good with a variety of food catering for all nationalities. Service was good and had free late check out

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank kinrosslady
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Ordinarily, I would not stay at this property when visiting Hua Hin. I was attending a weekend business meeting with all expenses being paid by the organizer of the meeting. I did not select this property as a meeting venue. All meals were taken at the hotel.

The meeting and lodging facilities were above average, very good even. But the food at all meals was significantly below standard for a beach resort hotel in Thailand. The seafood barbecue on Friday evening was probably the worst meal of the several taken at the hotel. Most of the seafood was not edible. The barbecued fish was not cooked at all. Squid / octopus was the principal 'seafood' because it is the cheapest. I was not a memorable meal.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were somewhat better, but nothing special.

Dinner on Saturday evening was a choice of fish or beef. I was never given a choice. I was served fish and only saw the beef on other plates later. The fish was simply inedible and most people left it untouched. It was smothered in a mushroom cream sauce that was totally tasteless.

I do not expect much from such chain resorts and as this experience demonstrated, I should not. There are many other locally managed, non-chain, properties in Hua Hin and Cha-am that serve excellent food and have high quality lodging.

I would encourage some research before choosing a property for a weekend away from Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms with private gardens are quieter. Rooms that have access to the pool tend to be noisy due to l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank zolaamt
SheratonHuaHin, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear zolaamt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand your disappointment and we sincerely apologize that the food failed to meet your personal expectations.

Please know that our Director of Culinary and Services has been informed of your feedback. In general we do satisfy everybody’s taste preferences, and we do apologize we did not satisfy yours. We, at all times, purchase the best available seafood and have only received positive overall comments about our events and restaurants over the years. We always welcome your comments on the food as soon as served, where our chefs will be more than happy to remake them according to your preferences. It is our goal to restore your confidence in our restaurants by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again in the future.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Chatklao Jesdabodi
Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa

Reviewed 11 May 2012

First let me admit that I'm not a regular frequenter of 5* hotels, so my knowledge of comparative hotels is lacking. However, my husband and I had a wonderful time and would certainly go back.

The beach is one for a stroll along, but not for getting your deck chair out on. If you want this, then the beach in town is better. The pool and garden area is lovely though, and I found it preferable to the beach as I like non-salty water and no sand! Also waiter service for the bar!

Breakfast was wonderful. Only critisicm would be the tea - it was very weak and served in tea pots. Individual tea bags and pots of water would be better.

Room (lagoon view) was perfect. it was quiet, we loved being able to watch tv from the bath and jump into the pool. When it was too hot in the sun, our balcony was a perfect retreat. Also a lovely spot to sit out at night.

The restaurants differed - I wan't bothered about the Italian. beach one was better and InAsia was divine! Still talk about the meals we had there and is hard to beat! we also ate in town, but only twice as food in the restaurant was much better (though try the tapas place with an English feel - can't remember the name...)

We had a running joke about the entertainment singers that seemed to follow us around the complex. they were good, but I really didn't need to see them every night! Happy hour in the lobby bar meant I could have a few cocktails while listening though...

All in all it was fab! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did if you go!

Room Tip: Has to be a lagoon room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank didsbury85
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Hotel was great, pool was great just lacked entertainment in the evening,didnt really want to go into the town every night because it was 10 km away even though there was a shuttle bus.The staff were great with the children especially Supamangken Waranupapkun and the matre D at breakfast.
We were told there would be a charge for keeping the room for an extra 5 hrs as we had a late flight,But when we went to pay our bill they told us there was no charge!that was very generous of them we were delighted.
I agree with what other people have said there was a corporate event on when we were there and we werent able to use one of the restaurants (which happened to be the best) in fact this event completely took over .
anyway otherwise a quiet and relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sandra123_12
Reviewed 8 May 2012

First impression was what a beautiful hotel, then on a night time all the lighting made it look like a fairytale.
The staff were first class, very polite and helpful
the maids kept my room spotless, I stopped in a lagoon view room which suited me.
Food was excellent
Only downside to me was location, however they had a regulkar bus into hau hin which you could get back, but i just got a taxi, average price 300Baht. The hotel did host a wedding while i was there and i must congratulate them for the way they dressed the hotel up and tried not to inconveince other guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rich18962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cha-am
6.4 km away
5.5 km away
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
#10 of 142 in Hua Hin

Been to Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!