All reviewsholiday innregency wingregent cha amfamily restaurantsmall villagehua hinlocal villagebars and restaurantsper daylarge balconymini martvisited this hotellow seasonnight marketsea viewitalian restaurantmassage parlours
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I traveled here with my partner and another couple who were slightly older than us. When we first arrived the hotel looked amazing very elegant. The reception staff didn't speak a word of English and kept saying that we were Room Only when we had the voucher saying Bed & Breakfast. After a long flight we thought we would freshen up and try again later on. Entered our room which was a lovely size and everything that you would require just a long walk to anywhere..... The pool area was very nice but with it being so hot the wooden flooring burnt your feet. Also because there had been rain the pool has turned Green. Back to the breakfast situation they refused to give in even though it was stated on our vouchers and wanted an extra £250 for the 10 days which I refused to pay so went out each morning to a little cafe in Cha Am which is about a 5/10 minute walk and it was called J&B and for about £2.50 we had a full English, Coffee and Juice. We went there everyday and they would cook whatever we wanted. In the evenings we did eat at the hotel but it got quite repetitive same menus and not a lot on so we walked along the Beach and ate a restaurant there. After eating we would head back to the hotel for drinks but the only bar closes around 10pm and not a minute later. Beer is very cheap but wine is about £7 for a mouthful. No entertainment unless as I found out your Thai as they have a special room close to the beach that has functions, loud music and sounds like they had a great time every night. I wouldn't recommend coming here unless you want to sit on a pool chair and nod off.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexis M
Regent L, General Manager at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments which really appreciated. Your comments are very useful for us and will be improved immediately. Take care and have a good day.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

It is a beautiful resort. It is value for money if you compare what you could get with that amount in Australia. It was a bit crowded at the time we were there as it coincided with the Thai New Year. Our room was at downstairs so immediate access to the garden but we found some creepy crawlers in the room as it was a hot summer month. The room is also dated. Our friends' room located in 2nd floor is with better decor and better view. I like Thai food and enjoyed the food there.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor rooms if possible
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Leo218
Regent L, General Manager at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Sorry for late reply, thank you very much for your comment and compliment which is useful for us. Having said that let me know if I can be of any further assistant.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

This hotel had a lovely pool and friendly staff. Their breakfast buffet was outstanding with both Western and Asian options. The gym was small, but adequate for getting in a good workout. The gardens around the property were well maintained too. The hotel is right on the beach, so you can walk right out to the sea from the pool area. However, there is big drop off on the beach where the waves have eaten away at the shoreline. I heard there were jellyfish around too. Still, it was a great beach to walk on. In the afternoons there were horses you could rent and ride as well. The little village was a five minute walk from my room and there were taxi rentals, restaurants, shops, and a Seven Eleven there. The people in the village were really sweet.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the center of the hotel are quieter. The lounge near reception has live music at night.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Regent L, General Manager at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments and compliment which really appreciated. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistant. Have a good day.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Went for a holiday but not satisfy at all. The TV was not working, have to call the technician, took half an hour to repair. Drainage in the shower room clogs. At the beach bar, all seats reserved but empty for half an hour, not letting guest to sit. Service so slow, more then half an hour for a drink to be served.

Room Tip: Always check the room before you take the keys.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sunee S

Thank you very much for your comments and your comments very useful to us which we will improve and train our staff. Having said that thank you very much for your visit and hope we can welcome you back to The Regent Cha am in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistant. Have a good day.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Whilst relaxing at lounge chairs at the far end of the pool area, near the beach, we fancied a cocktail and the kids a mocktail.
Nobody proactively, service minded, walking around where you could order drinks. As a result: very few orders from the bar: from a business point of view: stupid!!!
We had to walk up to the bar and order our drinks only to hear to collect the drinks in 5 minutes. They would not bring it over to our chairs!!!!
No service at all!!!
Even in the community pool center of our holiday villa in Orlando the service is top!
Maybe it was our expectation of service that was too high, but it irritated me and eroded the relaxed mood I was in at the time!
Definitely our last drink at this bar and will look for another hotel if planning a next visit to this area!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family