All reviewsnight bazaarindoor poolcentral atriumclock towerolder hotelsbreakfast areagood eatscat cafereception deskgood sizewalls are thinfried eggscoffee makereasy walking distancecleaning staffstayed for nightsthai hotel
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days . It's centrally located in Chiang Rai . The night market is quite near by . Very neat and clean . Breakfast is good . Staff is good and nice . It's a good stay specially for families

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights in March 2018.

Hotel is excellent. Good value. Don’t be put off by the strange hotel pool near the reception and restaurant. The rooms are bright, clean and comfy. Not large but not small too. Just nice. Shower room is neat, clean and easy to use.

Breakfast starts at 6.30 am. Small restaurant but good selection of food. Porridge, bread, noodles/rice, cakes, fruits etc.

Reception is helpful. English is limited but to be expected.

Location is convenient. 2 min walk to a temple (wat jet yod), 5 min to night bazaar, 10 min to clock tower.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2018

I gave this hotel a 5 star review as for a 3 star hotel it certainly exceeds expectations. I've read a few of the previous reviews on here about the downfalls of this hotel but I think those are all silly! I am not sure why people would expect so much luxury from a 3 star hotel when that's what it is... 3 stars. I am a full time travel blogger and I can say that this hotel was just as good as many of the 4 star hotels I've stayed at. It's new, it's immaculate, the cleaning staff does such an amazing job, and the front desk staff are all so friendly and helpful. They speak English well and the pool and breakfast area looked nice (I never ate the breakfast at the hotel since I'm not a breakfast eater). The coffee and water in the room were perfect compliments and I would certainly stay here again. Yes, the walls were a bit thin and I could hear a lot outside of my room BUT as someone else wrote in their review on here if you are an avid traveler then you would know to travel with ear plugs. I always travel with ear plugs and I slept great every night. Also, since I work while traveling I use the wifi a lot and I can say that it works very well even for streaming music. As far as 3 star hotels are concerned this is probably one of the best 3 star hotels I have ever booked. If you are looking for something luxurious or romantic than this is not the place but if you are looking for a very clean and nice budget hotel then book this one!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Hi is one of the newest, if not the newest, hotels in downtown Chiang Rai. Like a mini-Hyatt (US) hotel in that it has an atrium. The room is clean and large. Bed comfortable. Aircon works well. However, walls are thin - I could hear tv next door even without my hearing aids.
Breakfast was ample and varied.
The lobby/pool situation was very odd. Because the lobby is tiled and because of the atrium, it is loud. The pool was very unappealing so close to first floor rooms.
There are not many modern hotel options in downtown CR but you should be aware of Hi's quirks before booking...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank SanFranciscoKaycey
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed only for one night but everything was lovely.
Location is very good, the hotel is in perfect condition and the room was nice and clean.
Very nice breakfast with not a big selection but still enough.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple