See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

No complaints for what I paid. air conditioned room, hot water, clean, proper reception, ample parking lots. about 2km off clock tower.
Warning :
1. the listed hotel telephone number havent been in use for a long time and there is nobody to answer the call.
2. Dont rely on Google Map to get you there - we spent 3 hours following Google map that took us to the depths of a undeveloped village - scary.

Type the neighbouring street name and google maps would get you there.

Good if you are driving and just need a comfortable bed and bath facilities near town.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night and decided to cancel the next 2 days of our reservation because the place was a bit lacking. There is no safe in the room or at the front desk. The location is out a ways from the town hub and transportation must be arranged. The room is quite small and the bathroom is awkward with no hot water. The front desk staff is friendly and kind, but not very knowledgeable.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is a typical Thai designed and run place. It is new and perfectly clean, but built on the cheap. It seems to be marketed for foreign tourists and this is my concern. Most do not have their own transport and this place is not convenient for the town. It does not have the feel of a tourist hotel at all. The shower is instant electric and the room has an old fashioned CRT TV. No safety box, but there is a fridge. Internet was good and free. The room we were given was quite big and reasonably furnished, but had the feeling of a typical Thai place which I am used to paying around about the 800 baht at the most for. Palm Garden name is fitting, but only as it is rather pretentious! There are though four palm trees in the car park. Food was OK, but nothing at all special and the free breakfast was pretty awful for a foreigner.
Staff were all pleasant, but you had a feeling that the place was devoid of any real management. It is a bit over priced at any more than 1000 baht a night including breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ianthailand
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed there for 9 nights in June 2012 while visiting my girlfriend. The hotel is situated a short tuk-tuk drive outside the city. The hotel lobby is nicely decorated in Lanna style.
Stayed in a double room, and while the room was a little snug, it was OK for my stay since the days where usually spent sightseeing the area around the city. The hotels restaurant has a nice breakfast, and also some nice lunch and dinner courses. And the prices are reasonable.
The service was very good, Tim and his wife and the rest of the staff was very helpful advising about places to go, and booking car with driver. They have a laundry service that was quick. I delivered my clothes when we went to breakfast one morning, and when we got back to the hotel in the afternoon, the clothes were in the closet.
The only negative thing I really have to say was that sometimes the towels smelled of mildew.

But I liked my stay, so this year (in 9 days) I am going back to stay for 16 nights. This time I am trying out their suite. According to the photos, it is basically the size of 2 regular rooms, so there is room for a sofa and a coffee table.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sven-Erik1968
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotels location is about 2km from the centre and surrounded by vacant land, paddy and workshops but it is nice and quiet and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Don't take too much luggage as there is no lift. Breakfast is better than usual in this budget priced hotel. Bathroom is only ok.

Date of stay: January 2013