“NIce trip”

Golden Crown Plaza
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Hat Yai
“NIce trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I booked a junior suite + normal deluxe room. The hotel is fairly new & great location.. near to market & shopping malls.. The only cons are.. the shower water are cold, seems like the heater is not working & the suite has a few small roaches running around.. overall acceptable & will recommend to my friends & relatives...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank happyanngel

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I spent two nights in the Golden Crown Plaza Hotel end of December 2011 with my partner.

Hotel situation is excellent, 5 mn walking from the walking street market and shopping. The staff and reception are very friendly and helpful. The room was decent, but not excellent and not very clean (coackroches), with towels and bedsheets with holes. The price for the double was 1.200 Thai B.

The main concern was the noise : from the street traffic ; from the other guests, mainly Malaysian Chinese and Malays families, frantically shopping.

Room Tip: Take a room on the back, the street is very noisy until late. Wish your neighbors will be reasonably...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aae191
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

This was my 2nd trip to Hatyai for work after nearly 3 years. When I arrived Hat Yai, i was placed in New Season Hotel which was reasonably acceptable given the surrounding standards.

However, when i returned from Offshore after 4 days, which also happened to be a weekend, New Season Hotel was fully booked, and I was placed in Golden Crown Plaza Hotel.

Front desk staff was initially speaking to you in a very high tone, which i thought was alright since it was crowded and she probably thought i couldnt hear her. My agent, didnt leave me behind but instead she spoke Thai to the front desk staff insisting that I get my keys first before she leaves, which was very out of the norm. She mentioned " I'm not scared you will have a problem, but Im afraid they(the hotel) might have a problem." I didnt think much of it.

I went up to my room, plugged in the computer, after a trip down to the front desk again as i need to place a deposit for an adapter, and realised the internet was not working. i sat for a good 45 mins trying to figure out if its my laptop, or the network. I went to a colleague's room, and realised that it was the network plug in my room, as his, has got no problem. So I called for assistance, only to wait another 45 minutes with no one turning up.

Again, i made a trip down to the front desk, and was attended by an older lady. When I indicated I needed help with the internet, she said that the network plug in my room could be faulty and insisted that I paid another 50baht for wifi. I politely requested a change for room, which was quickly turned down with an excuse that it is fully occupied. Again, I requested politely indicating that I am paying the same room rate as everyone else, and I do not see why i should be paying extra when everyone else don't and suggested her to give my room to holiday makers who will not be using the internet, as I was on official business and needed the internet service. These were her exact words " You pay 50 baht, or no internet. Room plug spoil and no change room. You don't like you check out." Its a small sum of money, but It boils down to the principles of the management.

I walked away, went up, grabbed my stuff and thats exactly what i did. I called the agent asking her to find another place, no matter how much it cost. When i when down to check out, the same lady then changed her tone and said there is another room on the 2nd floor if i want. U think?

The agent got a suite at New Season Hotel, which was 2 times bigger and about 200 baht more.

I, will never recommend anyone, nor will I ever step into this hotel again. Especially after rough weather out at sea.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank SadatHassan

Travellers are raving about these Hat Yai hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Honestly, i don't get it why the comments below seem to sound so disastrous for this hotel. infact i was the with my wife for a 3days stay and must say it was a fantastic hotel. The staff were very warm and the bell boys helped us in recommending the best sights to visit for both shopping and culture. The hotel is located in the center-most of the shopping area..everything is just around the corner including fast food joints as well as local delights.

The rooms are big and spacious not forgetting clean and very tidy. Bathrooms with all the necessary amenities with hot and cold shower. Breakfast is alright but hey when you're in Hatyai...why the heck American breakfast ??? you've got the best tastes of Asia there !
My wife and I had an awesome holiday and you know what ? for $30 a night, this is second to none !!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RoyceArden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Great location, good room saiz, cheap rate, but the receptionist are keep talking with her collegues while we checking in, we have few questions to ask when we checking in, but the receptionist are ignored us when we wanted to ask something. Called to request two mineral water through operator, the operator did not answer back my request and straight cut off my phone!!! This should not happen although this is not five star hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Kctham
penang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

Used to be better but getting average of Hadyai hotels now. Room size ok, carpet was not clean, aircon was a little too warm (had to take the card key out when going out of the room, this switches off the aircon - negative point), aircon takes too long to cool, probably needs service, common area on room floor has no aircon, lobby area is also rather warm.

Location is great, lots to shops and eating places within walking dist. Walking dist to main area around Lee garden.

There are other options to consider at this price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank fido88
marbella
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

we stayed here for the chinese new year.
room was big, so was the bath room, aircon was really good.
over all we were very pleased with this hotel and the room was really nice and good movie channels on the tv.
did not try any other services than room service which all so was good.
we cant remember what we paid, but it was very cheap some where between 900-1600 baht

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple