All reviews certified halal nice hotel laundry baht hat
Reviewed April 24, 2013

There's a multitude of things wrong with this hotel. Our first impressions with the Front Desk staff were alright with a warm smile, but that completely changed when we stepped into the room.

Upon looking down in front of the bathroom was a dead cockroach with lots of ants around it. We carefully walked over it and proceeded to the interior and the floor was just full of dead ants! We called the Housekeeping staff and although quick to respond to our complaints, were only giving us the excuse that the room had not been sold for several days. This is just unacceptable.

Hot water in the room did not work and the staff over the phone said to turn the handle to the "hot" direction like I didn't know how to use it. Pubic hair was found in the bathtub upon check-in, ants made their home near the toilet complete with a dirt mound, and the toilet seat was moldy.

The restaurant seemed very outdated with decor from the 80's and staff that just didn't seem very happy to be there. Not that they weren't nice to us, but we felt like they'd rather be somewhere else. Room service food was not that bad except for the chicken that came with the Fried Rice was just inedible.

Overall, there are other choices in Hat Yai like the Centara that probably have better service and accommodations. I've been working in hotel management for years and I would respectfully like to say that the managers here can put a lot more effort to turn this place into a vacation destination. The only reason I came here was because of a meeting hosted here. For now, I just cannot recommend this place to anyone but would like to see this place turn around in the future.

Room tip: The reception staff are helpful in recommending some local places around the area.
Date of stay: April 2013
3  Thank AznSpyder
Reviewed March 1, 2013

where do I start.

dirty room, no hot water for 2 days, out of date drinks in the mini bar. mould in my kettle

Breakfast was the worst, hardly anything left at 9am and cold.

Staff at reception no interested to listen at all.

Wanted to move to another hotel but they refused to refund and money.

Don't go there

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Never stay here! bad service ,day time receptionist is so terrible service. I told her what was the problem then she just respond with ...OK... I never heard she say sorry at all. Plus her body language is so bad for this kind of service. The room is very disgusting ... a/c doesn't work. I can see lots of dust and fungus coming out when I turn on a/c. Water flow just like my cat's pee! I have to take shower double longer time.... smell in the room so.....terrible!

Date of stay: January 2013
7  Thank Rob T
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a few times already - the latest was early June 2012. Although the location of this hotel is a bit out of town, but I still choose this hotel because the restaurant here is certified halal and it has a large swimming pool. The pool area is very refreshingly green with many varieties of orchid plants on most of the branches. It is also very clean, the rooms are big - they have done a slight upgrading of the hotel, but not completely yet. Alhamdulillah, never encounter any big ants, cockroaches and rats before.
The breakfast is complimentary with room. Don't expect 5-star breakfast spread - but for us was more than enough and they would top-up whenever the food is finishing.
Tuk-tuk is awaiting all the time in front of the hotel to bring you into town or wherever you want to go - haggle first always.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Fazlin
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I first stayed at this hotel five years ago and keep going back every for my business. The facts that I'm a Muslim and found this is one among the very rare hotel kitchen with the Halal certificate. The breakfast was well arranged. However the room condition and the way staff treat guests are getting more more unacceptable.
I never received any smile, or a welcoming manner from any of this hotel front desk within the past three years. Every time I went, they keep giving the room in the B Tower which are lack of maintenance and the conditions + facilities are very poor.
The last check in was March 8th 2012, I was given a room on the 4th floor of Tower B. If I'm not mistaken, it was 404. Went in and took shower after long trip. The water was not hot, and when called the hotel they said 'well you know, there are two sides that you could turn the water, the red color meant hot water, and the blue is cold' Well, unlikely I just ignored the answer even though it sounds ridiculous. Tried to leave the water run for about 5 mins, didn't seem to get warmer, so I just took cold shower.
The highlight was after I finished the shower and was relax on the bed. I noticed something at the side of the bed and immediately turned my face. You can't imagine what I saw. The big black mouse was just crossing from one to another side, and very fast go behind the fridge.
That's it.
I called the hotel and requested my room to be changed.
I normally scared of mouse to death, but this time I was more angry than to scare.
Well, the hotel, sent up two guys whom took his sweet time before they arrived, and tried to find the mouse. They changed the room for me, but there was no message of apology sent.
I checked in to another room, still shivering and panic if I would find and surprise again.

I have been staying at this hotel at least 10 times with in the past 5 years. I have recommended many friends from Thailand and Malaysia to come here. Lastly, the staff didn't even say hello to you anymore.

I left no words. Dear friends, if you have any other choices, please don't bother this hotel anymore.

Date of stay: March 2012