All reviews cicada market thai bungalows quiet road lush greenery night market a short taxi ride saturday and sunday short walk to the beach hua hin beach spent nights here free shuttle monkey mountain main road front desk staff khao takiab swimming pool stay in hua hin
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is without doubt the best place to stay in the Hua Hin/Takiab area, The staff are always incredibly friendly and caring. We always feel like we are at home. When my wife was sick in Hua Hin recently, everyone cared for her like family. The bungalows are excellent. The pools and are gardens idyllic. With only 16 bungalows well spaced out, It's a wonderful place to relax in the peace and quiet. At the price, it's also the best value anywhere in the area. We stay every year and will continue to do so for a very long time.
Thank you all and see you again soon.
Gary and family

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Garyinjapan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have received excellent customer service two times via phone from this resort. The first time I was having trouble with the Booking.com website, so I phoned the resort directly. They were very gracious, changed my reservation as needed, and provided me with cost estimates and all the different options for travel from Bangkok to Hua Hin. Some desk staff speak some English, but not enough to understand perfectly, so you have to be patient. But they will get you to someone that can provide you with the information you need. This is part of the traveling experience. The second phone call was made by Booking.com to ask if I could cancel right at 7 days in advance. They accommodated my request at no extra charge, even though it was clearly within their rights to charge me the whole price, or very reasonably a cancellation fee. I had no illness or good excuse, simply that another hotel had had an unexpected opening and I preferred to stay there. Baan Duangkaew chose to waive all fees and this speaks highly of the customer service at this resort. It looks gorgeous and if the other place did not have such fantastic food reviews and is the top of the trip-advisor reviews, and have a boy staying there in a similar age as my son, I wouldn't have switched. It took me a while to decide. I hope you have a lovely stay at this resort, as I may in the future!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A bit older but well renovated resort with about 14 rooms in a beautiful tropical garden. The staff is very friendly, all rooms are clean and well maintained. Although not directly along the beach it is just 150m walk to the beach.

The resort has 2 swimming pools, free Wifi and free parking. It is located on the southern end of Hua Hin at Khao Katieb.

For me the only negative thing was the poor breakfast (plate-service). Poor in quality and poor in choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChangNoi1
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We spent 5 nights here. Our bungalow was comfortable and clean with plenty of room to move around in. Lovely outlook from the room to the swimming pool.We had no problems with our airconditioner being noisy inside the room, although the unit located outside the back of the bungalow was noisy.We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony overlooking the swimming pool and surrounded by tropical greenery. As mentioned in previous review due to the tropical nature of the property there are mosquitoes, suggest take mosquito coils with you as we did. The restaurant is casual affair and serves mainly Asian food other than at breakfast. Breakfast was adequate, choice fried eggs, bacon, toast, juice etc.The hotel has a shuttle twice a day to town and other times will ring for a taxi for you 140 BHT during day time and 150 BHT at night. The beach was a 5 minute stroll from hotel. The beach seemed quite clean during our stay and a good place to walk along in the mornings. The Cicada Markets are located right next door to the hotel and well worth visiting, open Fri, Sat and Sun evenings. All the staff were friendly and there was always someone on hand who spoke reasonable English. If you are looking for comfortable and relaxing accommodation in tropical surroundings and don't like large high rise hotels then the Baan Duangkaew is worth consideration. We would return here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nomad46wherever
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We have been. Coming here for 5 years and now feel like part of the 'family'. The charming resort is an oasis of peace and tranquility. I write this as in sit on the veranda of our traditional Thai bungalow crafted from luxurious teak, a gentle breeze is cooling the air and all Incan hear is the faint sound of the birds. We have just finished our sumptuous 'international breakfast' but as my wife is Thai we sometimes ask for a more traditional meal, a which is never too much trouble. The staff are our friends now and we often exchange stories of ourselves activities between visits and now always book direct through the resort, which always makes us feel special. Nothing is too much trouble here and anything you require can be found for you and the day is always ended with a firm but relaxing Thai massage from Nong. Without doubt one of the best resorts we have ever stayed at and we definately recommend a visit.

• Stayed: April 2011