Putahracsa Hua Hin
Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
US$128
US$124
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$131
US$122
US$177
US$145
Long Beach Inn(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$42
US$124
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
1,409 results
All reviewsoceanside restaurantsilksand roomocean sidetuk tuksilk sandla cannanight marketjacuzzi villaoutdoor jacuzziboutique hotelbeach barturn down servicebeach frontday bedclock towerrain showermain pool
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Check my review here http://youmakemeswoon.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/putahracsa-hua-hin-thailand/

and here http://pleincommeunoeuf.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/putahracsa-hua-hin/ for food

Room Tip: In the standard ask for an upstairs end of the terrace room they are slightly bigger
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My partner and I stayed 2 nights here the week before Easter in a ground floor Silksand room. It was our first time in Hua Hin and following the mostly positive reviews in TA, I had high expectations of Putahracsa. Glad to say they were all met. It wasn't cheap but not exorbitant either. A similar experience in Bali or Phuket would've cost at least 25% more.

We arrived just before dinner after a 3-hour drive from Bangkok and were met with a warm welcome and efficient check-in. Loved the sleek minimalist room decor, especially the spacious shower stall. I don't mind that the wash basin is outside the bathroom - it's handy when the bathroom is in use by the other person. The large bottles of shower gel, shampoo and hand wash are great. Small niggles - would've liked more TV channels and reading lamps on both sides of the bed. Housekeeping was precise, no complaints there.

We used the pools on both sides of the resort and I actually prefer the larger one on the land side. The complimentary juice shooters handed out late morning was a nice touch.

The biggest surprise was the breakfast. For a smallish resort, the breakfast spread was quite wide and more importantly, everything was fresh and delicious. We really enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts on the terrace of the Sala Monsoon. Very nice. So was the on-site boulangerie-patisserie where we had our mid-morning coffee fix. Couldn't resist the chocolate croissant either!

The feather on the cap is the staff. Everyone from the front desk to the bell-boy and tuk2 driver were top class. Just the right amount of attention and warmth, and they try to oblige every request. The Putahracsa has got it just right. Well done!

PS. The one thing that prevented a 5-star rating was the dinner we had at the Oceanside restaurant on arrival. It was seriously understaffed - only 2 waitresses (a 3rd appeared mid-way through our meal) - which led to a long wait before our orders were taken although the restaurant was at most 60% filled. Our food came quickly enough but our cocktails were seriously late, arriving when we almost finished our meal. The food & drinks were just OK - we had better meals in other restaurants down the road from the resort. Perhaps it was an isolated incident. We saw a lot more staff at the Oceanside during lunchtime the next day.

Room Tip: We were in room 110, the north side. It's set back a bit from the pool away from the noise and doesn't get the sun.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caipirinha
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Excellent holiday in this wonderful friendly resort. Could find no fault with facilities, accommodation, service, food. Everything you needed and no fighting for a sun bed !!!
Well worth a visit

Room Tip: We preferred the Silk Sand roomd
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel should be classified as a guest house.
$300 a night is a rip-off.
Every thing is cheap looking.
It is now 4:30 am but I cannot sleep as my room #411 is located right on the street with a non stop "ballet" of motor bikes, Tuk-Tuk and noisy trucks and for sure I will not sleep all night.
The air conditioner also in noisy plus the draft is right on the bed to give you a neck-ache free of charge at breakfast time.
This is the last time I use Trip Advisor to book an hotel as it is not the first time this happen. I am very disappointed with the rating/reviews system.
I will not list all the wrong points now but believe me, there are a lot.
I'll go back to real 5 stars hotel groups like Hyatt or four seasons hotels.
I cannot believe Putahacsa has so many good reviews and not even one bad one.

Ps: after complaining a lot, they changed my room and got the #416 room that was much better but my opinion was already made and I do believe they should never rent room #411 to any customer for $300 a night.

Room Tip: Never take room 411 and you like to sleep quiet. It's right on the street and noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

When we arrived at 'Putahracsa', my husband, five year old daughter and I were utterly exhausted after a disastrous day and we checked in 10 hours later than we had planned. In spite of the late hour, we were greeted with so much hospitality and warmth that we couldn't help relaxing as soon as we arrived at the hotel.

We had been upgraded to our absolute delight, and after such an awful day, our spirits lifted the moment we saw our room. We had booked one of the rooms on the ocean side with a jacuzzi, but we had been upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi and a private pool too. The privacy and luxury of this room are absolutely wonderful and we felt very much at home.

The hospitality of the staff remained a constant throughout our 4 day stay at Putahracsa. The service was always efficient, helpful, polite and friendly. Whenever we required transport to nearby destinations, the staff were able to organise transport for us very quickly and efficiently. They would really go the extra mile to make us feel at home.

The hotel is only a few blocks walk from department stores and pharmacies. And it is also a short distance away from the Night Market and the Elephant Safari, which we enjoyed a lot.

Hua Hin is not the most picturesque of towns, but being in Putahracsa was like being in a different world and we loved it so much that we found ourselves staying in our room and enjoying the facilities far more than we'd planned. Initially I thought that we'd spend more time on the beach, but the privacy and relaxation afforded by this hotel was just what we needed.

My husband also enjoyed the use of the Spa. And the food was absolutely lovely!

We would highly recommend Putahracsa to anybody traveling to Hua Hin. We would love to go back again.

Room Tip: The hotel has rooms on either side of the main road. For the larger, more private rooms, choose the ocean side. Beautiful view and quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family