“Lovely hotel, great location. Very relaxing.”
Review of Putahracsa Hua Hin

Putahracsa Hua Hin
Ranked #2 of 135 Hotels in Hua Hin
Lima, Peru
“Lovely hotel, great location. Very relaxing.”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Lovely hotel. We went to Hua Hin for a long weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This hotel is beyond our usual budget but as it was a special occasion we decided to splurge and it was worth it! The complimentary anniversary cake was a nice and appreciated touch.

We stayed in a silk sand room. These rooms are located across the road from the more expensive beach side villas. Pools are located on both sides of the hotel but we preferred to relax at the beach front pool.

The atmosphere is very relaxed. Due to it being a long weekend, it was very busy with Thai families who tended to get up early for a rowdy early morning swim! Not the best way to be woken up though! However, Hua Hin gets busy at weekends due to it's location to Bangkok.

The breakfast was yummy and on the Sunday we were fortunate to enjoy breakfast on the beach side. The food was lovely and the Sunday brunch promotion was great - a lovely bbq with unlimited wine.

Staff were friendly and very attentive. The manager is very hands on and ensures guests are well looked after. One day, we even got cool bags at the pool containing water and cool towels.

Location is great - very central. Walking distance to restaurants and the night market.

The room was delightful and very clean. The bed was very comfortable in deed!

Thanks for a great stay. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joannanelson
Putahracsa, Manager at Putahracsa Hua Hin, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate your message about the property and the team members.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward seeing you return.

With my best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
NZ
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I just came back from 4 nights staying in a pool villa at Putahracsa and we cannot wait to go back!! We've been to Thailand many times and have stayed at some amazing places, and this one is up there with the best of them!
We definitely recommend splurging for a pool villa room, well worth it so relaxing!!
But best of all were the amazing staff!! So warm and friendly, particularly the front desk staff on the pool side of the hotel. (we've always received brilliant service in Thailand, but the staff at Putahracsa were the best we've ever received)

We didn't really use many of the services, mainly because the room was so lovely we had no need to use the hotel pool. We did have lunch at the Oceanside Restaurant, and can highly recommend the tuna tataki served on a pomelo salad - delicious!!

The location was perfect too, easy walk into town (less than 10 mins) although the hotel also offer a tuk tuk service between 2pm and 8pm.

Next time we hope for a longer stay!

1 Thank Allietraveller
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Putahracsa Resort in Hua Hin.

We greatly appreciate your very positive comments on the property and the team members, your message will certainly encourage all of us to continue providing the best possible service to our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you, any friends or family members back for another happy holiday at Putahracsa Resort in the future.

auckland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed for 3 nights. Definitely not 5 star hotel, but 5 star service. The staff are lovely, very helpful. I was in silksand room. Room size good. Bathroom VERY small, just enough room to dry yourself. That's because there is a bath with overhead shower, would have been more spacious with shower only. Temperature control well forget it, but I managed, keeps going hot and cold.
Fresh coffee in room. Bed like a rock! Another reviewer suggested sleeping on side near window, did not try. I folded duvet over and over and slept on top.
Pool area is good lots of sun beds and umbrellas.
Breakfast adequate.
Tuk tuk service excellent.
Take torch with you if like me can't see at night and light along pathway shines up blinding you,I found my torch very useful. Also around hua hin as some dangerous pavements.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate your message about the property and the team members and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward seeing you return.

Sydney
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for years! I hadn't forgotten guys here I am. 2 years ago I got married at the Putahracsa hotel. I live in Australia but my family are in Europe so we did a big 'meet in the middle' party with a total of around 50 guests all staying at the resort (flying in from Europe, Australia, Asia, etc). I can't express how brilliant and accommodating the staff were. They planned the entire thing via email and were both professional and lovely - very flexible and accommodating of all my bridezilla whims. During the entire holiday in Thailand (including honeymoon etc) we were fortunate to stay at a few gorgeous 5-star resorts but few were as accommodating as the Putahracsa. One example, I stayed at the Dusit Thani resort and one tired evening went to reception to borrow a dvd only to be told the cupboard was locked after 8pm (!) in contrast I once asked the receptionist at Putahracsa if I could use the computer, she said the computer room was locked but subsequently hunted down a laptop and gave it to me 15 minutes later in the breakfast room. That's what the whole week was like, one extra unexpected service after another. And none of that's to mention how beautiful the rooms are, the food was, etc etc. Big thumbs up from me and all of my guests (not one of them had any bad experiences here!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SVKass
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Putahracsa Resort in Hua Hin, even belatedly it is very appreciated.

We are pleased that your event was memorable and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you, any friends or family members back for another happy holiday at Putahracsa Resort in the future

with warm regards
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We had a stopover @ the Putatecsa rest. while on our way back from Kui Buri elephant Camp. The restaurant is bang on the beach & food was really nice.
It was a sunny afternoon & the sitting area was windy, so quite nice. However, the seats could've been more comfortable.
We had a baby pram w/ us & there was no way of getting it to the restaurant w/o lifting it. There was no levelled way of getting there. Also, the parking was not covered, so we had to move our baby through the scortching afternoon sun from the Camry to the restaurant.
Overall experience was a pleasant one.

• Stayed March 2012
Putahracsa, General Manager at Putahracsa Hua Hin, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following a lunch stop over at the Oceanside Restaurant at Putahracsa Hotel in Hua Hin.

We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Looking forward welcoming you back,

with my best regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Me and my husband stayed in silk and sand room for 2 nights. the room is spacious and well designed, natural sunlight into the bathtub and great balcony with its only little sofa and drying rack.Breakfast is great with a selection of thai and western food.

Staff are extremely helpful, helped us to rent a motor for 250baht for 24 hours. they were always willing to assist in every aspect of our stay from finding a particular location to arranging a late checkout at 2pm

Town centre is just 10 minutes walk away and 2 minutes on our scooter. I would recommend the restaurant down the road towards the direction of clock tower, it's a wooden building and u can see people queuing up since 5pm. amazing seafood and hotpot at a bargained price. Note that it only operate from 5-8pm

There is free DVD rental in the front desk, we spent one rainy afternoon chilling out in the room on the comfortable king size bed watching DVD, its a home away from home(but even better!)

We get to the resort by booking a car with mr. roong who is a pleasant young man. However, if you know your way around Bangkok, you can take a minivan in victory monument station and the stop in hua hin is very close to this resort

Room Tip: I prefer the silk and sand room on first floor to stay away from the pests. however, the room on gro...
1 Thank Jamia N
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We greatly appreciate your comments on the property and the team members, your message will certainly encourage all of us to continue providing the best possible service to our guests.

Warm Regards
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Low and Highlights of a Long Vacation

my wife and me stayed for 12 nights at Putahracsa. During our stay we noticed that guests stayed only for some nights, therefore I refer to a "long vacation". Most guests were Thai people from Bangkok (especially during weekend) and only some from Europe (Germany, UK etc).

I believe I do not need to describe the resort thoroughly because this has been done in numerous previous reviews. Anyway, we stayed at a Sansky villa. These villas are located with the Silksand rooms across the road opposite to the Putahracsa beach part where all pool villas are located. Hua Hin visitors need to know that the beach is basically to forget. Being 3 years ago at Evason Six Senses around 20 minutes away from Hua Hin center we knew this fact already. We chose Hua Hin area for the second time as you are flexible regarding direct flight connection and Hua Hin can be reached easily by taxi service (huahin4leasure.com, excellent and reliable service, only 2500 Bath) within 3 hours. We were looking for sun, a nice pool and seafood restaurants for which Hua Hin is known. Location of Putahracsa is very good, numerous restaurants and the harbour with a lot of fresh seafood are within 10 minutes walking distance. Furthermore, Putahracsa offers free TukTuk service to nearby locations which is very fine (100 Bath tip is always very welcome)

We always had the feeling that the Sansky villa & Silksand location is the better choice because it is much more spacious than the beach part with pool villas. In our area were 2 pools, a large one in front of the Silksand rooms and a small one shared by 4 Sansky villas with in total 8 room units. The large one offers sun and loungers, the small one mainly shade but total privacy. The large pool area was usually quite empty and therefore very quiet.

Check-In was friendly but too quick because they did not show us the terrace which looking a bit upside down. Generally, staff at Sala Monsoon restaurant and large pool is really nice
and helpful, the roomservice is on a high level but management and organisation is, lets say, questionnable.

Ground floor of the Sansky villa is quite large, including a relatively spacious bath room which can be separated by a sliding door from the rest. The terrace can be reached by an outer stairway and is covered about 70% by a roof. Unfortunately, use of the terrace is difficult: in case sun is shining it is incredibly hot, in case it is raining heavily during afternoon/evening the terrace is flooded. The hotel provides a small fan which was sometimes there and sometimes not, quite strange in fact.

What definitely should be known is the fact that the Silksand and Sansky villas are located beside a wastewater treatment plant. So, be aware that sometimes the smell within this part of the resort is terrible !

Maybe I should also mention is the incredible reservation process in case you reserve directly via mail: you have to fill out a form and sign, send a copy of your passport as well as a copy of both sides of your credit card. Unbelievable. I travel worldwide around 150 days per year but never experienced such a stupid and in fact dangerous procedure !

Finally two annoying experiences: 1) we wanted to shop for clothes and maybe some art pieces and have been sent by taxi (organized by reception) to a building supplies store (were we could buy toilets or bricks) from where it was quite difficult to organize a taxi back to Hua Hin (Market Village). Very funny, haha... 2) Incredible blunder of the German manager when we asked her for late checkout allowance. She told us that unfortunately all Sansky villas are booked so we have to pay 1500 Bath because they have to spend a dinner for the guests who have to wait for the room. Two hours after this conversation I checked availability of rooms and found that Silksand, Sansky and some pool villas were free to book. Unfortunately I had to pay for late checkout because my wife suffered indigestion during the last day. Such a behaviour is simply boldfaced...

Summarizing, the friendly staff, the exceptional restaurant and room service balanced somewhat negative experiences caused by management and reception but the resort would
have definitely more potential. Comparing Putahracsa to Evason Six Senses we definitely prefer Evason even though being 20 minutes away from Hua Hin center.

Summary of Lowlights:
- additional costs for late checkout even rooms were available
- be aware of the abusive reservation process in you reserve by mail
- be aware of temporarily bad smell within the resort (wastewater plant)
- problems with the toilet after heavy rain...
- limited usability of Sansky terrace
- performance of management and reception is more than questionnable

Summary of Highlights:
- very good location near to Hua Hin center
- excellent and friendly pool servics
- very good room service and cleanliness
- very friendly and helpful staff at Sala Monsoon restaurant
- spaceaous and nice base floor of Sansky villa
- moderate prices at resort restaurant and for minibar
- free TukTuk service (remember the tip for the driver)

Finally some restaurant information:
- Veranda: very quiet, directly at the beach and very good food. Very friendly staff.
- Moon Terrace: nice location offering fresh seafood directly at the sea, use only terrace
- Rashnee: just beside Putahracsa, good food and very nice staff. Good choice if you want a quick lunch or afternoon snack.
- Night market: various simple restaurants, relatively cheap, excellent grilled seafood
- Oceanside retaurant at Putahracsa: cool atmosphere, food and price is ok, cool sun loungers
- French Bistro: if you are looking for a good steak and a nice glass of red wine this is a good choice, nice terrace
- Cool Breeze: directly downtown, nice garden, excellent tapas, English management
- Coco 51: nice beach location, food more or less ok but too expensive. Live music.
- Livingroom: beside Coco 51, they try to copy European food style, bad service, very expensive, simply to forget.

9 Thank VieTraveller64
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

We regret that there seem to have been some misunderstandings and have duly noted some of the short comings which we will improve.

Best regards