See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My stay in the camelia resort was great! Yes, it is basic, and yes, you might be welcomed by an insect in your room, but this is thailand. The view is amazing, the terrasses and balconies nice, the pool great, the staff friendly and the food good. For me, there was nothing more i needed and i really enjoyed my stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JessiR90
Camelia-riverkwai, ผู้อำนวยการฝ่ายขาย at Camelia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for your support and writing us a good feedback.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Camelia Resort soonest.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

After 3 night in the Felix river kwai resort we decided to extend our stay in Kanchanaburi and move on to a less luxurious hotel... Big mistake, Fair enough this is a budget hotel with amazing views, we paid roughly £18 a night. The rooms themselves arent the best; very basic and in need of a bit of attention... none of this was of major concern as we were having a great time in Kanchanaburi and the standard of room wasnt really high priority.
After arriving home at roughly 2 am after a night in the local town i found my hotel room unlocked, at the time i thought this was slightly odd but was tired and went straight to sleep, it was when i woke in the morning i discovered my room had been cleared out, other than a few t-shirts and a few other other bits and pieces. My suitcase full of clothes, ipad, phone, money, gifts to take back home... pretty much everything i took on my travels.. I reported it to the staff who called the police who came and took a report and informed me that they had had this happened at the Camilia resort in the past and obviously it was highly unlikely my possesions would be found..
Although i could prove nothing i highly suspect that the staff at the hotel had something to do with the theft.. there were no signs of the lock being picked or forced open which leads me to suspect that a key was used...
I would highly recommened Kanchanaburi to everyone; one of the highlights of my holiday... i would just suggest staying somewhere other than the Camilia Resort

Room tip: Room 106 is not a great room----- trust me
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JimF1984Devon
Reviewed February 19, 2014

lovely setting, on large grass areas good clean motel type , around grounds, large lovely pool, around 800 bht night, short walk bridge riverquay to views and around area, small bike.lovely viewson top mountain over looking river, so happy place to stay,,aloha

Room tip: multi story, 3 floors each bungalow
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Came for a night or two but just about to spend our fifth night here. The location right on the river is wonderful and relaxing and the swimming pool is large and clean. The views from the bedrooms are lovely. The manager was great and the staff were sweet. Food was good. The rooms are simple, no fridge, phone or safe, the bathroom needs updating but it was clean and for the price, 20 quid including breakfast, it was good value.

We have really relaxed here and would recommend it if you want peace and to be near all that kanchanaburi has to offer.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent last weekend there and loved both the tranquility of the place as well as the warmth of the staff. Yes the rooms are basic, but we felt like we got what we paid for. I would recommend Camelia!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your comment and looking forward to welcome you back soonest.