See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 5, 2015

I stayed at this Resort? When i First came to Thailand And thought i'd Treat myself to a 1000Bht a Night job, Just to start my Visit in comfort. The rooms were Dirty, old tv's with terrible picture the food wasn't to bad if a bit expensive. But the worst of all was the fact that my water in the bathroom was off for 10hrs each of the 2 days i was there. No one informed me there were plumbing works going to be done. the staff wern't rude, just not trained with any i'dea of emotional intelligence to give a guest a experience that would make a repeat visit the least bit likely. I have since moved and now live in Thailand, in Kanchnaburi and work as a marketing Manager in a shall not be named being built Resort. So Thank you Camila for letting me learn some the things you just shouldn't do.

Room Tip: Just Don,t waste your time. theres so many hotels nearby that are so much better but not next the sugarcane 2 either. Don't get me started!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jaywibo
Reviewed November 25, 2014

We first found this hotel after driving about in a taxi for half an hour, the place seemed just right with a pool over looking the river and a bar close by, the room was 1 star at best and cockroaches were rife, we locked the key in the room and were then told the lock would have to to be broken until I mentioned that the cleaners should just come with their key. 1000 baht saved. I was lucky but unfortunate to find that the cleaners were helping themselves to my wife's makeup as I came through the patio doors to collect a towel. I let this slip as they were caught red handed and thought this would be warning enough, but when we got to our next destination found missing books and other property. I would never stay in this place again.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank LKJE
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The swimming pool is not suited for children: always more than 4 feet.
The late maintenance of the room we were was about 10 years ago. Mosquitos enter by door-window. The shower heater show the wires strapped with adhesive...a.s.o...

Room Tip: The best will be to go for a cafe and swimming pool and river but not for staying.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank freena2014
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My stay in the camelia resort was great! Yes, it is basic, and yes, you might be welcomed by an insect in your room, but this is thailand. The view is amazing, the terrasses and balconies nice, the pool great, the staff friendly and the food good. For me, there was nothing more i needed and i really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessiR90
Camelia-riverkwai, ผู้อำนวยการฝ่ายขาย at Camelia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for your support and writing us a good feedback.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Camelia Resort soonest.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

After 3 night in the Felix river kwai resort we decided to extend our stay in Kanchanaburi and move on to a less luxurious hotel... Big mistake, Fair enough this is a budget hotel with amazing views, we paid roughly £18 a night. The rooms themselves arent the best; very basic and in need of a bit of attention... none of this was of major concern as we were having a great time in Kanchanaburi and the standard of room wasnt really high priority.
After arriving home at roughly 2 am after a night in the local town i found my hotel room unlocked, at the time i thought this was slightly odd but was tired and went straight to sleep, it was when i woke in the morning i discovered my room had been cleared out, other than a few t-shirts and a few other other bits and pieces. My suitcase full of clothes, ipad, phone, money, gifts to take back home... pretty much everything i took on my travels.. I reported it to the staff who called the police who came and took a report and informed me that they had had this happened at the Camilia resort in the past and obviously it was highly unlikely my possesions would be found..
Although i could prove nothing i highly suspect that the staff at the hotel had something to do with the theft.. there were no signs of the lock being picked or forced open which leads me to suspect that a key was used...
I would highly recommened Kanchanaburi to everyone; one of the highlights of my holiday... i would just suggest staying somewhere other than the Camilia Resort

Room Tip: Room 106 is not a great room----- trust me
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family