Book In Advance
Tours from ElephantsWorld tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,892 results
All reviews elephants world sticky rice older elephants preparing food rescued elephants trekking camps banana trees mud bath these amazing creatures end of the day amazing experience the river taking care elephant experience change of clothes these gentle giants once in a lifetime
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

It was a great visit for the family. We spent the day there from 10:00am until 3:30pm. Started off by feeding the elephants, then cut and loaded up a truck with grass to feed the elephants again. We drove to their feeding area and they all encircled us to eat the grass. The elephants let us pet them and their handlers let the kids lead them. After the second feeding we ate lunch and watched the elephants hang around a water reservoir. We then washed watermelon and made vitamin balls for the older elephants to eat. After feeding them the vitamin balls we gave the elephants a mud bath followed by a wash in the river. The kids got to swing from a rope into the river. Finally we walked to the main camp and fed the elephants once more. The staff is very friendly. It’s worth a visit.

1  Thank Carla H
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

It was an amazing trip, if u have the time you should definitely go!! You get to feed and bath them.

1  Thank Siënna W
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

There aren’t enough good things to say about our day at Elephants World. My 8 y/o and 11 y/o and I hired a driver (through Elephants World) to transport us to and from Bangkok. It was a 3 to 4 hour drive so I was a little hesitant at first but I was so glad we did it. Well worth the drive! We spent the day in a small group (with one other family) learning about Elephants and helping care for them. We fed them fruit, cooked pumpkin rice balls, cut grasses, and gave them a mud bath and washed them off in the River Kwai. What an amazing memory!!! Our guide, Nadia, was so friendly and helpful. They provide lockers for valuables and extra gear — definitely take a change of clothes and only wear something you don’t care about...your clothes WILL get ruined in the mud. Also, water shoes would be useful. There are limited shower facilities for washing off afterwards. Bring plastic bags to store your soaking wet/muddy clothes.
Lunch was nothing to get excited about, but ok. It was so much fun and one of the top highlights of our two weeks in Thailand!

1  Thank d2016h
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I've done a lot of things in my life. Cool things. Far off things. This, my friends, very well may be the best experience I've ever had on an adventure. I don't want you to take this review lightly. Do this. At all costs. You will have an experience unlike any other and feel good at the end of the day for supporting such an amazing organization. First, we fed the elephants. I had the honor and privilege of feeding the only pregnant elephant they've had in the sanctuary (she's due in about 6 months). Then we went and cut down some corn for them (other got to make rice balls for the elephants with no teeth). Then we got to interact with the elephants. THIS WAS AMAZING. They were eating some corn stalks and we got to love on them and photograph them and simple BE with them. Then comes the fun part, the mud. GET IN THE MUD! SPLASH THE ELEPHANTS! They will splash back and spray you with water from their trunks! Bring a GoPro and document this amazing experience. Get dirty (and you will, so bring clothes you don't care get extremely muddy). Next you get to get in the river with the elephants and wash off the mud with brushes and buckets. I cannot say enough amazing things about this experience. These elephants are well taken care of and you can support this organization by visiting! GO!!!!!!!

1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

ElephantsWorld “Were you work for the elephants instead of them working for you”

-this was exactly what I was looking for, a place were elephants are living under good conditions and you can’t ride them.

We really enjoyed our day at this place. We went there from Hua Hin which took us 3,5 hours drive but it was with the trip. You spent the whole day from 10-16 working around the elephants. We fed them with hour hands, we’re cutting grass for them, cleaned watermelons for there food baskets and fed them again. After lunch, which was really great we had mud bath with them and afterwards we cleaned them in the lake. It was really amazing to be close to these majestic animals.

All of the elephants are saved from places were they have worked too much and have been mistreated. The volunteers are really friendly and it’s clear to see how much they care for the elephants. Every elephant has a caretaker a “Mahou”, it’s quite something to see them walk around the elephants.

I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Laura Paola H