“Still Unsure What To Feel For This Place”
Review of ElephantsWorld

ElephantsWorld
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ElephantsWorld was founded in 2008 and is a sanctuary for sick, old, disabled, abused and rescued elephants, who will receive the rest and joy that they deserve. They can enjoy themselves in their own natural environment here until their last breath. At ElephantsWorld we work for the elephants, instead of them for us! As a visitor you get to enjoy very memorable experience with these beautiful animals. You can help us with taking care of them by feeding them, gathering food and bathing them.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took the trip to Kanchanaburi and went to Elephants World because I just wanted to see elephants in their natural habitat but what I saw wasn't what I had in mind. I have to say that the place isn't a sanctuary. If it is, then why are they still putting the poor old elephants to work entertaining the tourists? Why do they have to keep an schedule of activities for the poor animals to cater to the tourists?

2  Thank Cha N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"these gentle giants"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a great visit for the family. We spent the day there from 10:00am until 3:30pm. Started off by feeding the elephants, then cut and loaded up a truck with grass to feed the elephants again. We drove to their feeding area and they all encircled us to eat the grass. The elephants let us pet them and their handlers let the kids lead them. After the second feeding we ate lunch and watched the elephants hang around a water reservoir. We then washed watermelon and made vitamin balls for the older elephants to eat. After feeding them the vitamin balls we gave the elephants a mud bath followed by a wash in the river. The kids got to swing from a rope into the river. Finally we walked to the main camp and fed the elephants once more. The staff is very friendly. It’s worth a visit.

1  Thank Carla H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was an amazing trip, if u have the time you should definitely go!! You get to feed and bath them.

1  Thank Siënna W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There aren’t enough good things to say about our day at Elephants World. My 8 y/o and 11 y/o and I hired a driver (through Elephants World) to transport us to and from Bangkok. It was a 3 to 4 hour drive so I was a little hesitant at first but I was so glad we did it. Well worth the drive! We spent the day in a small group (with one other family) learning about Elephants and helping care for them. We fed them fruit, cooked pumpkin rice balls, cut grasses, and gave them a mud bath and washed them off in the River Kwai. What an amazing memory!!! Our guide, Nadia, was so friendly and helpful. They provide lockers for valuables and extra gear — definitely take a change of clothes and only wear something you don’t care about...your clothes WILL get ruined in the mud. Also, water shoes would be useful. There are limited shower facilities for washing off afterwards. Bring plastic bags to store your soaking wet/muddy clothes.
Lunch was nothing to get excited about, but ok. It was so much fun and one of the top highlights of our two weeks in Thailand!

1  Thank d2016h
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've done a lot of things in my life. Cool things. Far off things. This, my friends, very well may be the best experience I've ever had on an adventure. I don't want you to take this review lightly. Do this. At all costs. You will have an experience unlike any other and feel good at the end of the day for supporting such an amazing organization. First, we fed the elephants. I had the honor and privilege of feeding the only pregnant elephant they've had in the sanctuary (she's due in about 6 months). Then we went and cut down some corn for them (other got to make rice balls for the elephants with no teeth). Then we got to interact with the elephants. THIS WAS AMAZING. They were eating some corn stalks and we got to love on them and photograph them and simple BE with them. Then comes the fun part, the mud. GET IN THE MUD! SPLASH THE ELEPHANTS! They will splash back and spray you with water from their trunks! Bring a GoPro and document this amazing experience. Get dirty (and you will, so bring clothes you don't care get extremely muddy). Next you get to get in the river with the elephants and wash off the mud with brushes and buckets. I cannot say enough amazing things about this experience. These elephants are well taken care of and you can support this organization by visiting! GO!!!!!!!

1  Thank Beth R