All reviews beer garden air conditioning fans few outlets rooms are a bit small old style bars and restaurants shopping centre western and asian food central hotel hotel serves breakfast selection free drinking water fillet steak nice pool deluxe room fitness center live music
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Have stayed many times at the Kosa Hotel it's one of the older and well known hotels in a great central location. It's old traditional style but it's comfortable and the staff are helpful. A valet parking service is provided. The only annoying thing for me is you pay for even the water in your room. Usually hotels in Thailand provide two bottles of free drinking water but not Kosa. There are two bottles provided at a cost of 20 baht each . Just a little niggle for me .

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2017

This hotel is everything you want. It's clean. It's comfortable. It's cheap (about 1/2 the price of the Pullman- and that's before the $14.30 extra fee Pullman hits you with!) It's friendly. It's quiet.

The hotel is way off the busy streets of KK. You walk out the front door, there's no street per se in front of you. In a minute you're at a mall where you can have a nice lunch or dinner. Or go to the pharmacy. Or shop for groceries at Tops.. The hotel is 50 years old, and it's in perfect shape.

My wife and I loved every minute of our time there, and I bet you will too!

P.S. If you're driving too or from Udonthani to this hotel, be sure and stop at Wat
Pa Thamma Utthayan - see my TripAdvisor review - a most extraordinary tourist attraction.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet non-smoking room. They were most cooperative.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank stockmktgenius
Reviewed June 23, 2017

This is a good old-style hotel in a very central location. The Tukcom Centre is right in front of the hotel and has lots of shops, a food court on the top floor, Starbucks on the ground floor and a Tops supermarket in the basement. I bought a Thai SIM card on the 3rd floor for only B59 and paid B100 for credit, which lasted till the end of my 2 weeks in Thailand.
I had a large room (no.1124) with a comfortable double bed and good reading light, bar bridge, coffee maker, TV with a few channels in English, and good wifi. There was a chair and table setting by the window with a nice view of the city. The furniture and fittings were a bit old but still in good repair, and everything was clean. There was a room safe and an efficient laundry service; I checked in around noon and deposited some laundry, expecting to have to pay more for same day service, but my clothes were returned at 5 pm at the standard cost. There are other laundry services (possibly cheaper) between the hotel and the main road.
The bathroom had good hot water service, toiletries and lots of towels, with the shower in the bath.
The lobby has a nice area for relaxing next to the breakfast room.
There is a good selection of breakfast items, including omelettes made to order.
The staff I met at reception and breakfast were friendly and helpful, and they gave me a free shuttle bus ride when I moved to the Charoen Thani Hotel.
I booked my first night on Agoda, and extended for one night at reception for B1,300 (thinking I had done well to bargain the cost down from B1,500); I realized later that this was about B75 more than I paid on Agoda. Kosa is a little more expensive than the Charoen Thani, but the location closer to shops makes up for this. There are also bars and restaurants on the street past the steak house to the left as you leave the hotel.
There is a good massage service here, but it's a little hard to find. Take the lift up one level to the second floor, turn right out of the lift and right again up the stairs. The place is quite clean and comfortable and the cost is B450 for 2 hours (plus any tip you give). They serve men and women, and the receptionist I met spoke basic English.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Stickman1
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I had a nice relaxing stay at the Kosa. It's in a central location in Khon Kaen. There are bars, restaurants, a 7/11, a Starbucks and a mall right outside the lobby. The pool and fitness center were excellent, both conveniently located adjacent to the dining area. Bed was comfortable and A/C abundant. The staff was friendly and helpful. Most knew enough English to help you out. Wifi was a little sketchy. No kettle, coffee/tea in the room. English French, American and Thai tv channels . Good hot water but the shower is in the tub. I prefer separate. Yes, if you look closely, you can see the age of the place, but I thought they did a great job with upkeep overall. Staff are dressed impeccably, rooms are clean. Almost a 5! I would stay again if could get the same price.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Kosa hotel was everything I expected plus a lot more. Wonderful friendly staff, room was great size and very clean. Morning breakfast had a great range to choose from, pool facility was great, good location. Will be staying there again when I am in khon kaen

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C