“Something different”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Thai, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed January 28, 2016

This bar and restaurant is a bit different: not only do they serve thai food, but also steaks and other western food. Food is very good, and it is inexpensive.
But as it is a bar, this place is also good for just hanging out and drinking, and they offer a lot of different drinks.
The service is very good and friendly.
So over all, this place is fantastic for both eating and just hanging out and drinking.

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, cheap beer and nice food. Food was cheap but was nice, had a thai green curry and partner had a massaman curry would recommend if going to the night market.

Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

We passed this bar during the night markets and asked if they were playing the rugby World Cup they said they definitely was. So we returned a few hours later we stayed there for an hour before the match and asked again if they were going to play it they said yes again. 5 mins before the match started they wouldn't put it on, they just wanted us to stay there for our money. The staff there were just trying to get everyone drunk! Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone..avoid!!

1  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

Gone to that bar this night with two friends and they just pffffff us , they play one game with us , loose at first and offer a shot of tequila to each of us, then i loose, was my turn to paid the shot, for information we were the only customers, and they make us paid 180 bath per tequila , when you know that bucket is (only ) 200 bath with one tequila shot offer.... I dont need to tell more... Pfff pffff pffffGirl was nice play with us , talk about husband and kids but just to get bath... So now you got the advise....

3  Thank Marco L
Reviewed August 16, 2015

We visited the Krabi Night Market, saw this place tucked behind some stalls, and decided to have dinner there.
There is a good choice of food on the menu, and prices are very reasonable.
Green Curry was lovely. I think it best to stick with traditional Thai meals here. I decided to try a steak, and went for the Rib Eye. Not sure though where the "grill" is in the name of the place "79 Bar & Grill". My steak was a light grey colour, no signs of being grilled, or even fried in a pan. Looked more like it was microwaved. It had little flavour, but was tender. Thankfully the Pepper sauce I had with it covered it up (even though I had ordered Mushroom sauce!). It was cheap, so you get what you pay for. The burgers are nothing special, but kept our young boy happy. Caesar salad was ok.
With the food prices, cheap drink deals, pool table, and games I am sure this place is a great hang out of an evening. We enjoyed the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff, but the meals are hit and miss.
I wouldn't rush to go back, but if at the night markets again it is a place to grab a bite to eat, if you don't fancy eating from the stall at the market.

1  Thank CCPeteM