Review Highlights
mud spa

Phu Khlon has been a famous mud cosmetic brand for ages. Now, for the first time we saw the... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2017
jobst56
Hamburg, Germany
Mud mask

Visited this place in mid of Dec 16. Learnt about this place by accident (not in our plan). Spent... read more

Reviewed May 8, 2017
Chaturon C
Kaeng Krachan, Thailand
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Must try unique local spa experience. facial mud mask , body mud mask, and swimming outdoor mineral pool .

1  Thank WATCH K
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Great experience - Recommended! Take the package with face massage & buddy mud treatment, and you will be not disappointed

2  Thank Maira B
Reviewed January 21, 2016 via mobile

Very enjoyable. Full treatment 900 baht - 1.5 hours. First half hour face massage. Followed by body mud application and scrub. Finally hot well water bath (water from source is 70 degrees C and contains sulphuric, magnesia and carbonate components. Staff friendly, dedicated and hard working. Recommended!

1  Thank Fransmannot
Reviewed December 7, 2015

Getting there early (8-9am) and taking a dip in the "mineral pool" is just great, especially when, like now, the weather turns cool. It's equally great in the rainy season. It's advisable, though, to phone in first and make sure the pool's filled (the pool is drained and cleaned weekly) and the temperature of the water is agreeable. The fee of 60Bt is also very reasonable. As for the mud: not my thing, therefore never tried it.

Reviewed November 19, 2015

We had been travelling all day and were hot and grimy, when our private tour guide suggested a visit to Poo Klon Country Club for a mud spa treatment. I am not overly into personal vanity, but decided that it might be a bit of fun, so agreed.

Poo Klon Country Club is a few kilometers north of the northern Thai city of Mae Hong Son, very close to the Myanmar border. It boasts a spa that oozes mud at between 60 - 140 degrees Celsius, making it free of chemical smells and supposedly full of skin rejuvenating minerals.

The Club offers a wide menu of treatments, from a pure mineral water beauty spray, to full body mud spa treatment. At Baht 1,200 we decided to pass the full treatment and settled on a mud pack facial at Baht 80 (about USD3).

The treatment started with a pleasant young lady cleaning my face with tissues soaked in some spirit before she liberally plastered wet mud all over my face, leaving only a small space for my eyes, which I had kept tightly closed anyway. As the mud dried it caused an irritating effect and I wanted to scratch, but resisted.

After 30 minutes she cleaned off the mud and handed me a mirror.

Quite frankly, I couldn't see any difference - no radiance or new found freshness bloomed forth from my usually haggard visage.

But it was an experience, and that is what life is about.

Poo Klon has a shop that offers a wide range of mysterious mud potions and creams guaranteed to bring you eternal youth. I suggest you save your money and settle for the Baht 80 face pack.

2  Thank David B