Tour Merng Tai - Day Tours
Review Highlights
Our Guide Ten was a “10”! :)

We booked a tour of the Northwest to trek and meet Hill tribe people though Audley Travel in... read more

Reviewed April 1, 2018
janinefelder_kahn
South Bend, Indiana
via mobile
One day trek to remote Karen villages

Reviewed October 18, 2015
mappiasmat
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We took the tour 2 days 1 night homestay to the White Karen community. The tour offered (among other things) taking part in local activities in the village, such as traditional Karen weaving clothes, coffee making and bamboo weaving. None of these activities were made with us, so we considered the tour as incomplete.
In response to this, Tour Meng Tai refunded us part of the money paid ( it was an expensive tour, more than in other travel agencies).

2  Thank dharma2011
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on trip advisor, I decided
To book 2 -2 day tours with panot pakongsup of tmt
Travel.It was he who I thought was going to be my guide
And he sent me the itinerary breaking out what we were
going to be doing each of the 2 days.
His travel company was much more expensive than
others listed but with him as my guide I felt that it
was worth the extra $60 a day .
I committed to him for the 2 days and the day before our arrival in Mae Hong Son
I received an e-mail that Art would be our guide for the next 2 days and he would pick us up
at 8:30 the next day.

Where was Panot who led me to believe he is a one man business in his email.

I felt he committed to me when I booked with him.
Art was a freelance guide and did a decent job but I felt that Panot would have been
exceptional and that was what I had booked.
We did most of the things on the written itinerary the first day but the second day
we skipped going to the villages.
I checked other tours when I was in Mae Hong Son and they offered the same tours as TMT
Travel for much less money and going to the same locations.
After our 2 days I e-mailed Panot and his reply was that his company is a small operation
And he was busy on another trip.
If I had known that he was not going to be my guide,i would not have booked his tour.

2  Thank Lilyan C
Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

The hidden secret of North Thailand. Today we enjoyed a 1 day trek visiting 2 remote white Karen villages: Ban Nam Ho and Ban Huam Goong.
Very remote, nature at its best, beautifull river crossed couple of times. If you are lucky you can spot gibbons, birds, bathing buffalo's. Tang, the guide is helpful, speeks good English and is knowlegable. You need a walking condition but it is absolutely worthwhile.
Tour Merng Tai organises more day trekkings as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

"Northern hospitality"

Tour merng tai is a community based tourism program that puts nature plus culture first. This sustainable tour gives tourists a chance to meet with local natives as well as learn about their culture and lifestyle. TMT provides an opportunity for tourists to get a glimpse inside what it is like to live the life led by different communities and it also allows these small communities an opportunity to expand their marketing channel. What's so special is that the community leaders become the tour guides themselves!

TMT offers adventurous and fun activities such as trekking, cycling, zip lining, rice picking(only if in season) and a chance to experience local home stay with great hospitality. It is one of the best tour operators that really focuses on both the tourists and the communities. There is really nothing like it. I really love it and will definitely bring friends with me to enjoy this experience in the future.

1  Thank Paravee P
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Very impression! Good service good quality i hope someday i back to maehongson and choose tmt again!!

1  Thank popoonl