“Comfortable, Cheap” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Tehran, Iran
“Comfortable, Cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's located in Patong beach. Only 3 minutes walk to the beach. 15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. Clean Rooms, Good Spa beside the pool. Tasteful drinks in the lobby. Actually it's the best place for single guys who don't want to pay extra money for a guest that stays over night !! ;)
The hotel personel are helpful. Free internet in the lobby.
I stayed for 1 week and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to all my friends :)

Room Tip: Rooms that have the pool view are less noisy...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Issar A
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your review. We are gald that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ibis hotels aim at providing our guests with good services at great value for money. Additionally, we truly appreciate your feedback and comment and we hope to welcome you again in the soon future!

ibis Thailand - Communications Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sacheon, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

In January 2012 I stayed at the Ibis Patong for a total of three nights: two nights before a scuba diving liveaboard trip and one night after the trip.

First, I found the hotel’s location, buffet breakfast and rooms to be fine. And, the pool looked very nice. You do have to pay to use the PC’s in the lobby, but the Wi-Fi in the lobby is free.

For my first two nights everything I had read about noise (thin walls?) and heavy partying proved true. I was traveling solo, and don’t know if they put solo travelers on the same floor, but I had several neighbors who lived up to Patong’s party reputation. Security did come and quiet the parties, but once they left….. I even had to call the front desk at 5:00 AM about the loud music. When I checked out I advised that I would be coming back for one night, and if they have more quite floors, to please give me a room on one of those floors.

On my return I was given a room in a different section of the hotel, and I had a very quiet and comfortable stay. I regularly use the Ibis Myeong-dong in Seoul (the first night of this trip started at the Myeong-dong Ibis), and I’ve had nothing but great experiences there. If you are staying at the Ibis Patong, and want to ensure some tranquility, you might want to inquire if there are “more quiet” sections. If my first two nights had been like my last night, I would have given an overall rating of “Very Good.”

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pazz2011
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad that we could have chance to welcome ibis regular guest :) And we are also happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and we already informed the hotel management for improvement.

We hope to welcome you back to ibis Phuket Patong again in the soon future as well as ay other ibis hotels in Thailand (Phuket - Kata, Samui, Pattaya, Bangkok and Hua Hin)

Watford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Having stayed in a few Ibis hotels for work I was not expecting great things, but we loved this hotel. It was clean and tidy and new looking. The pool was lovely and the food in the restaurant was amazing, it was down a bit of a dingy alleyway but that made it look even more amazing, we were meant to stay just a few nightw but ended up staing just over 2 weeks. Staff could not have been more helpful although we had to rebook our extra nights online as they would not match the online price in reception but it was till very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review on our TripAdvisor profile!
We are pleased to welcome you for both business and leisure trip :)
We shall share your positive comments with our staff and continue to provide you the memorable experience whenever you visit ibis hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed for 3 nights during my vacation with my wife and 5yo daughter.
The hotel was clean and definitely worth the price. The location is good, really near the beach (approx 5 mins on foot).
The food was OK except that I had to take my in-room dinner from the restaurant myself. ???
The staff told me that it was just the way it should be. I've never known any hotel with that kind of rule before...
Other than that, everything else was nice. The clean swimming pool, breakfast menu, friendly staff, room size and amenities, all OK.
If I go to phuket on budget again, i'll surely pick Ibis.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you consider ibis as your first choice for a great value holiday.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at any ibis hotels in Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Samui, Phuket and Hua Hin)

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

The ibis patong was the perfect accomodation for us and our 2 kids. The drivers out the front were extremly friendly, and the swimming pool was great. We stayed for 10 nights and would deffinately stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for the pool view room!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for selecting ibis Phuket Patong for your holiday with your family.
Our hotel is suitable for family to relax and enjoy a nice location and atmosphere in Phuket. We're sure that this feedback will be an encouragement to all of our staff.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Ibis Patong is a 3 star that scores well on all things. It is perhaps the cheapest, if u make bookings right, among all the big chain hotels, and that is where it scores the most.Antilog Vacations from India is a wholesaler for Phuket hotels & packages.We booked on internet frm them as they r considered as THE ONE for Phuket packages.Low prices and absolutely delightful services.We took stay , food ,sightseeing & pick/drop frm them
The check in was smooth and quick, keep in mind there is a bond that they ask you to sign with a security.The pool is large and there were always plenty of sun-loungers, even when the hotel was full. The massage pavillions by the pool are great - the masseurs are very good and the whole area seems much cleaner and more professional than some of the cheaper massage 'shops' that line the streets. Our room was quite small, and would be too small if you were travelling with a child. The TV had a good range of channels, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was compact but clean and modern.

There was also a negative side also to it-

1. The service was very ordinary, the staff quite unhelpful and at times doesn't sound polite.
2. The hallways are quite noisy and sometimes it's noisy outside.
3.Opposite hotel is garden tours.same tours like these offered in hotel in half price.
I reccomend james bond island tour with speedboat for about 35 euro.

Overall: If you are heading to Patong to party and are just looking for a place to sleep for a few hours or spend a day or two then this place is fine and good value for money. If you intend to spend a week relaxing in Patong then you need to look further than The Ibis.It looks like a typical goan hotel

Room Tip: Choose the super deluxe room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ankur S
Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Phuket Patong on our TripAdvisor profile.
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the price, services and location.

We are sorry about the inconveniences during your stay with us and will surely pass your comment to the hotel management for immediate improvement.

We hope to welcome you back again at ibis Phuket Patong as well as any other ibis hotels in Thailand (Phuket - Kata, Bangkok, Pattaya, Samui and Hua Hin)

Goonellabah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had 5 nights stay, it was fantastic. The staff was nice and helpful, both our check in & check out was very smooth. The location I thought was great, we had 2 little ones 8 & 5 and I did not want to stay anywhere too close to the riff raff! The Ibis was far enough but if you wanted to you can still walk to Bangla Road where all is happening ( about 20min walk ).And it's close to the beach, (about 10min walk).

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool have nicer views but CAN get noisy at times due to all the people at the pool area...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank magic_sounds
Thank you for sharing your positive comments. It's always a pleasure to welcome families at ibis Phuket Patong. We thank you for your compliment on our location, staff and services and we will share this compliment to our staff as well!
We hope to welcome you to ibis Phuket Patong again as well as at any other ibis hotels in Thailand!