“value for money, very quiet, close to beach, close to ceneter” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Phuket Patong

ibis Phuket Patong
Ranked #52 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“value for money, very quiet, close to beach, close to ceneter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

breakfast with lots of selection (if you like fried noodles early in the morning.. :)) , nice lobby , staff very helpful and kind.

the hotel itself is a typical ibis (looks alot like the ibis euston in london..), nice rooms , soft beds, lcd tv with a little variety of english channels and mostly thai channels.

the hotel is close to the beach (500 meters or so) and the pool is a good chiling place.
it's 10 minutes walking from bangelow road - no noise and it's a fun walk around shops and lots of seafood/pizza places.

the only downside i can think of is the construction site infront of the hotel - the manager was happy to change my room after i asked. ask in advance for a room with a view to the pool to avoid the situation.

if i'll ever comeback to phuket - defently try again.

Room Tip: pick a room with a view to the ocean, front rooms suffer from noise from near construction site.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amir S
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for your valuable comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel especially the room and facilities. At ibis, we aim at providing a good service by our friendly staff during your stay with us :)

We are also pleased to hear that you will come back to stay with us again in the future :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

i found the ibis hotel pretty good from the outdoor area to the buffet breakfast. my only complaint would be the uncomfortable beds and the 'paper thin' walls. it was quite annoying hearing people coming home at early hours in the morning especially when they were inebriated. location was also very good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maddy T
Thank you for your feedback on our TripAdvisor profile. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience staying with us :)

We apologise for any convenience caused during your stay. We have already informed the hotel management for improvement.

We hope to see you again in the soon future :)
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Being here to attend 19th Joint Meeting of ATCSA and ACSVTS.. Whay a great pleasure to visite Phuket Island...
Near to Patong Beach with a wonderfull night life...
Excellent living, clean room and nice view.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel :) We are glad that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the soon future at ibis Phuket Patong or any of the 7 ibis hotels in Thailand.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here in October 2011 and found the hotel good for our needs so decided to stay here again as we knew the area etc, check in was bad as they said they had no record of our booking and they were full. When shown our booking confirmation though a large travel agency in australia they found oh mistake you booked in other Ibis in Phuket even though our transport booked at the same time brought us to the Patong Ibis. an hour later we were given a room. 1st night woken at 3 am with air con dripping on floor though i must admit they were very swift in fixing it, but not worried about the noise of the vacumn for other guests. breakfast was the same each morning and although there was plenty found it not hot till i discovered the secret. take from the bottom. I found you need to eat early too as very crowded from 8 am on sometimes food runs out and have to wait or no tables. Pool is lovely and clean and there seemed to be plenty of deck chairs but when people of one nationality put their towels on them at breakfast time and then do out for day and return at 3.30 and claim them is a little hard on other guests who only want a chair in the shade while at pool.
The massages at poolside were very good and clean and a good price.
we wanted to stay 4 hrs more as check out was 12 md and our flight out pick up was at 4 pm asked for extra and told it was 1500 baht. surely it should be less as we checked in at 7pm the night we arrived and didn't get discount for arriving late even the time before when we stayed we arrived at 2 am and again not discount yet as far as we knew they could have rented it to someone like us wanting to have a room till we left, hence they may have charged rent twice on same room.
our room was faily quiet except when someone nearby flushed the toilet. cleaning ladies were very good and even tho we didn't get the room cleaned daily they always asked if we wanted water or bins emptied.
next time i think we will get a motel closer to the shopping centers

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pusskat11
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to know that we could had chance to welcome our regular guest :)

We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. ibis is Europe's leading economy hotel brand and for that reason our hotels follow an international standard offering a great stay with an affordable price. However, we will relay your comments to the management team for future improvement.

We are glad that you liked our services and staff!
We hope to welcome you again at any of the 8 ibis hotels in Thailand in the near future!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

From lobby is look nice but we have to wait till 3pm for check in to a tiny room with unclean towels and bed sheet. My stay was interrupt by no electric for an hour. Big hotel like this should has generator but no. And every morning either guests next door or house keeping were a lot of noise. We can hear from room upstairs, walk ways.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank KJeny
Thank you for your feedback!
We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. We have noted your comments and will convey them to the hotel management to improve the services.
We hope to welcome you again!

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Ibis based on the fact that It is a renown brand I can trust in. Unfortunately my experience was the opposite. I booked via Asiaweb direct including Tax 3200THB not inclusive of breakfast per room per night, this was the special deal they had on. initially I tought quite a high price for a 3 Star Hotel, and no breakfast inclusive for this prices in there segments is unusual, anyhoe I booked.
When I arrived my booking could not be found, ok nevermind as I booked last minute and sometimes hotels and online agents do not communicate tht welll and efficiently. The reception team was helpful and sorted itvout pretty swiftly, just avreoomendation to the management, look into eays of improving this , as as a guest you do not want to take 20 minutes just for this and goingbthrough all thevspecialrequests again which I already specified and got confirmed by Asiawebdirect.
I got tonthe rooom, and there it was the biggest disapointment, a small room, I guess standard size for Ibis, but dirt stains all over the wall and hair stuck on the tiles in th bathroom, ascwell as waterstains all over the showervswing door, complemented by mould on the tiles and dirty/ black stained grouting inbetween the tiles made this first impression of the room a complete let down. I called for housekeeping to come and clean, a young chap, polite but little command ofvEnglish came and scrubbed away the dirt, I thought well done until he picked up my already used white bath towel ( I took a shower arrival) and tried of the wall tiles of my ba throom and floor and fter he finished he put it back on the hanger for me to use, I thought I do not believe what I have seen there, then left saying not even closing the door of my room, I mean this is unacceptable, if 2,3,4 or whatevervStar rating the hotel has and training and supervision of the team there is surely far behind. I called the reception to tell what happened and they said thank you for telling us and then they brought me a new towel. There was no sense of care or recovery efforts, I do not need anything for free, but a note in the room from the duty manager, which they had by name displayed in the lobby would have been appropiate make me confident enoughbto return in the future tonthis hotel.
as it goes was thing follows the next, channel 2 had no sound and was playing a movievIbwanted to see, so I called for the technician to come, he came with dirty shoes in my room, i thought in Thai cukture you take shoes of before entering the room, well not at Ibis...his shoes were paint stained and filthy...poor grooming, unshaved a rough and ready look, you can call me conservative, but a clean overall look leaves a lasting impression how the hotel is managed in general.
I could continue with the bar service which was unattentive, slow and without a smile...all in all best of all, was the front office team, good job, but the rest needs some serious improvement.
Most 3 Star hotels/ motels give free internet in the room, not at Ibis, everyone squezzes together in the lobby, which makes connections slow...in 2012 everyone has a smartphone, Ipad or some sort of device and skypes etc., that is just common, so hotel- in this case Ibis should follow market trends and listen to their guest...at the end the cost for it could be easily hidden in the room charge.

Would I go back for the price they charged? Never ever again!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DivingUK

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's located in Patong beach. Only 3 minutes walk to the beach. 15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. Clean Rooms, Good Spa beside the pool. Tasteful drinks in the lobby. Actually it's the best place for single guys who don't want to pay extra money for a guest that stays over night !! ;)
The hotel personel are helpful. Free internet in the lobby.
I stayed for 1 week and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to all my friends :)

Room Tip: Rooms that have the pool view are less noisy...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Issar A
Thank you for your review. We are gald that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ibis hotels aim at providing our guests with good services at great value for money. Additionally, we truly appreciate your feedback and comment and we hope to welcome you again in the soon future!