“Awesome Location”

Ranked #48 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

From the time i booked in 2 the time i booked out the service was warm, friendly and a really great atmosphere.
My single room (double bed) was clean,comfortable and had everything i needed air con was awesome :-) and great 2 sit on the balcony over looking the pool/massage area.
Location was perfect 4 me, step outside the Ibis turn left a 2min walk to the beach or turn right and 2min will see you shopping @ market stalls, sipping cocktails 24/7.
The hotel will organise a tuk tuk or taxi within minutes if you want 2 venture out $200bht to Jungcyelon shopping mall.
Breakfast selection was great tropical fruits were lovely.
massage area next 2 the pool a must visit and there open till 2am.
Overall i had a great exp at this accomodation.

Room Tip: Recomend a room with a pool view I stayed on the 4th floor and had no noise problems
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jacquikelland
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our TripAdvisor profile! We are delight to know that you had a great time during staying with us :)

We thank you for your compliments on our hotel in many ways. We will surely pass your valuable comments to our team to maintain the quality of our service for our valued guests :)

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 April 2012

breakfast with lots of selection (if you like fried noodles early in the morning.. :)) , nice lobby , staff very helpful and kind.

the hotel itself is a typical ibis (looks alot like the ibis euston in london..), nice rooms , soft beds, lcd tv with a little variety of english channels and mostly thai channels.

the hotel is close to the beach (500 meters or so) and the pool is a good chiling place.
it's 10 minutes walking from bangelow road - no noise and it's a fun walk around shops and lots of seafood/pizza places.

the only downside i can think of is the construction site infront of the hotel - the manager was happy to change my room after i asked. ask in advance for a room with a view to the pool to avoid the situation.

if i'll ever comeback to phuket - defently try again.

Room Tip: pick a room with a view to the ocean, front rooms suffer from noise from near construction site.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amir S
Thank you for your valuable comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel especially the room and facilities. At ibis, we aim at providing a good service by our friendly staff during your stay with us :)

We are also pleased to hear that you will come back to stay with us again in the future :)
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2012

i found the ibis hotel pretty good from the outdoor area to the buffet breakfast. my only complaint would be the uncomfortable beds and the 'paper thin' walls. it was quite annoying hearing people coming home at early hours in the morning especially when they were inebriated. location was also very good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maddy T
Thank you for your feedback on our TripAdvisor profile. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience staying with us :)

We apologise for any convenience caused during your stay. We have already informed the hotel management for improvement.

We hope to see you again in the soon future :)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Being here to attend 19th Joint Meeting of ATCSA and ACSVTS.. Whay a great pleasure to visite Phuket Island...
Near to Patong Beach with a wonderfull night life...
Excellent living, clean room and nice view.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel :) We are glad that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the soon future at ibis Phuket Patong or any of the 7 ibis hotels in Thailand.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here in October 2011 and found the hotel good for our needs so decided to stay here again as we knew the area etc, check in was bad as they said they had no record of our booking and they were full. When shown our booking confirmation though a large travel agency in australia they found oh mistake you booked in other Ibis in Phuket even though our transport booked at the same time brought us to the Patong Ibis. an hour later we were given a room. 1st night woken at 3 am with air con dripping on floor though i must admit they were very swift in fixing it, but not worried about the noise of the vacumn for other guests. breakfast was the same each morning and although there was plenty found it not hot till i discovered the secret. take from the bottom. I found you need to eat early too as very crowded from 8 am on sometimes food runs out and have to wait or no tables. Pool is lovely and clean and there seemed to be plenty of deck chairs but when people of one nationality put their towels on them at breakfast time and then do out for day and return at 3.30 and claim them is a little hard on other guests who only want a chair in the shade while at pool.
The massages at poolside were very good and clean and a good price.
we wanted to stay 4 hrs more as check out was 12 md and our flight out pick up was at 4 pm asked for extra and told it was 1500 baht. surely it should be less as we checked in at 7pm the night we arrived and didn't get discount for arriving late even the time before when we stayed we arrived at 2 am and again not discount yet as far as we knew they could have rented it to someone like us wanting to have a room till we left, hence they may have charged rent twice on same room.
our room was faily quiet except when someone nearby flushed the toilet. cleaning ladies were very good and even tho we didn't get the room cleaned daily they always asked if we wanted water or bins emptied.
next time i think we will get a motel closer to the shopping centers

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pusskat11
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to know that we could had chance to welcome our regular guest :)

We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. ibis is Europe's leading economy hotel brand and for that reason our hotels follow an international standard offering a great stay with an affordable price. However, we will relay your comments to the management team for future improvement.

We are glad that you liked our services and staff!
We hope to welcome you again at any of the 8 ibis hotels in Thailand in the near future!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

From lobby is look nice but we have to wait till 3pm for check in to a tiny room with unclean towels and bed sheet. My stay was interrupt by no electric for an hour. Big hotel like this should has generator but no. And every morning either guests next door or house keeping were a lot of noise. We can hear from room upstairs, walk ways.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank KJeny
Thank you for your feedback!
We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. We have noted your comments and will convey them to the hotel management to improve the services.
We hope to welcome you again!

UK
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Ibis based on the fact that It is a renown brand I can trust in. Unfortunately my experience was the opposite. I booked via Asiaweb direct including Tax 3200THB not inclusive of breakfast per room per night, this was the special deal they had on. initially I tought quite a high price for a 3 Star Hotel, and no breakfast inclusive for this prices in there segments is unusual, anyhoe I booked.
When I arrived my booking could not be found, ok nevermind as I booked last minute and sometimes hotels and online agents do not communicate tht welll and efficiently. The reception team was helpful and sorted itvout pretty swiftly, just avreoomendation to the management, look into eays of improving this , as as a guest you do not want to take 20 minutes just for this and goingbthrough all thevspecialrequests again which I already specified and got confirmed by Asiawebdirect.
I got tonthe rooom, and there it was the biggest disapointment, a small room, I guess standard size for Ibis, but dirt stains all over the wall and hair stuck on the tiles in th bathroom, ascwell as waterstains all over the showervswing door, complemented by mould on the tiles and dirty/ black stained grouting inbetween the tiles made this first impression of the room a complete let down. I called for housekeeping to come and clean, a young chap, polite but little command ofvEnglish came and scrubbed away the dirt, I thought well done until he picked up my already used white bath towel ( I took a shower arrival) and tried of the wall tiles of my ba throom and floor and fter he finished he put it back on the hanger for me to use, I thought I do not believe what I have seen there, then left saying not even closing the door of my room, I mean this is unacceptable, if 2,3,4 or whatevervStar rating the hotel has and training and supervision of the team there is surely far behind. I called the reception to tell what happened and they said thank you for telling us and then they brought me a new towel. There was no sense of care or recovery efforts, I do not need anything for free, but a note in the room from the duty manager, which they had by name displayed in the lobby would have been appropiate make me confident enoughbto return in the future tonthis hotel.
as it goes was thing follows the next, channel 2 had no sound and was playing a movievIbwanted to see, so I called for the technician to come, he came with dirty shoes in my room, i thought in Thai cukture you take shoes of before entering the room, well not at Ibis...his shoes were paint stained and filthy...poor grooming, unshaved a rough and ready look, you can call me conservative, but a clean overall look leaves a lasting impression how the hotel is managed in general.
I could continue with the bar service which was unattentive, slow and without a smile...all in all best of all, was the front office team, good job, but the rest needs some serious improvement.
Most 3 Star hotels/ motels give free internet in the room, not at Ibis, everyone squezzes together in the lobby, which makes connections slow...in 2012 everyone has a smartphone, Ipad or some sort of device and skypes etc., that is just common, so hotel- in this case Ibis should follow market trends and listen to their guest...at the end the cost for it could be easily hidden in the room charge.

Would I go back for the price they charged? Never ever again!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DivingUK

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.3 km away
1.1 km away
Best Western Patong Beach
Best Western Patong Beach
#20 of 328 in Patong

Been to ibis Phuket Patong? Share your experiences!