“Two visits and would still visit again”
Review of La Gritta

La Gritta
Ranked #16 of 731 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Gritta features an elegant design and furnishings, as well as a sumptuous contemporary menu. La Gritta at Amari Phuket offers two distinct sections La Gritta Restaurant and La Gritta Bar, with both indoor and outdoor areas, for a combined seating capacity of 100. Our chic culinary destination offers breath-taking views of Patong Bay and is one of the trendiest places to dine in Phuket.
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Great menu, first class service and first class view.

Our meals on both occasions were excellent. A pizza (the size of a table) and a delicious bolognaise when we arrived on the first evening. A few nights later we had the seafood platter for two which was excellent. It is not an inexpensive restaurant but it is definitely good quality and worth a visit.

3  Thank JennieLP
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

I booked La Gritta for my partners birthday and requested a seat on the front decking with the best possible view
When we got there the staff were very friendly and took us to our table which could not have been better
They also gave us mosquito spray which was a bonus as we forgot ours!
We were brought out complimentary warm bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip
We ordered the lasagna and the carbonara and we both wish we could have eaten more it was amazing
Once we had finished our meal the staff then all came out singing with a birthday cake
And the chef also came out to check we enjoyed everything which we told her we did and thanked her
Wonderful experience

1  Thank adammm_92
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

My Now Fiancé, proposed that morning then he planned La Gritta for a celebration Dinner.
Pasta was the best! I had the black truffle seafood, so delicious and very filling.
Cocktails were decently priced and very tasty.
Highly recommend, will rave to everyone I know going to Thailand.
Expect to spend a bit of money though. Worth it!

3  Thank Emily K
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

We went there with my bf and the first thing we thought was that the place was beautiful. The staff very helpful. They really try to do the best. The service was ok and food ok. Not bad, not something special. We paid 85€ for three starters, two main and two Coke’s which is quite expensive. If it was not so expensive I would rate it more.

1  Thank Tina725
HMAmariPhuket, Hotel Manager at La Gritta, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear Tina,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

Your compliment on the beauty of our place is much appreciated. It is was our pleasure to serve you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

With many thanks

Richard Margo
Hotel Manager

Amari Phuket

Reviewed February 7, 2018

The food is quite expensive but the food is quite a big portion. Could hardly finished it.Baccala forno cod fish is 890thb. The view is superb especially when you visit during sunset. They actually did a little decoration for us after I made reservation and informed that I will be celebrating my partner's birthday. It was a nice surprise,glad there isn't any extra charges for that. I wasnt aware there there is charges for minere which is a bottle of mineral water and it cost 95thb which you can easily get at the roadside stall at 35thb. The waiter and waitresses are very welcoming. I wasnt charged any extra for replacing the complimentary cake with tiramisu. Overall,it is a very nice and superb dinner.thanks for the effort for setting up such a nice welcoming table.even provided us with insect repellent.

Dear Veron,

Thank you very much for your review of La Gritta, we were delighted to hear that you had a great dinner celebration with us.

We are however disappointed to read that despite our efforts to set and serve you a superb birthday dinner, you rated us with 3 star.
Sadly it does not reflect the good comments you made highlighting the kindness of our team, their flexibility and willingness to provide you with a memorable event. I trust you will understand well that our restaurant does not compete with roadside stall. Many of our products are imported and all our prices published.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to show you what La Gritta is renowned for.

With many thanks

Richard Margo
Hotel Manager

Amari Phuket

Been to La Gritta? Share your experiences!