All reviews patong beach complimentary water family mart on a daily basis budget hotel reception
Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

+++very friendly manager
++pretty nice hotel
+clean and worth the money
++Aircon and fridge
+++Nice view from the balcony (room 502)

Many restaurants and bars are beside. The beach is just 5 minutes by walking away.
I enjoyed may visit here. Will come back!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2017

We visited Phuket for One Week as we Travel trough Thailand! We was a Walk In Guest, and found Black Pearl! Rooms are Nice, you Not need more then a Good Rest!! Quiet, Near Patong Beach and many things to see in walking Distance,Shops,Restaurants,Bars.......Gesine the New Patron do have a German Background,verry Friendly,Funny,Helpful....Jp her Right hand a real good Man!!

We sure be back somme Day, Alll in All....What more you need then a Clean Room???

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2016

The hotel is traditional and solid. Staff is prepared and relatively friendly, although with limited English. I read that the owner isn't the same that welcomed me two years ago, a funny and helpful Brit; nevertheless I believe the quality of the service to be still good. The wifi was the only real issue with almost no coverage throughout the building (only in the hall). Upon arrival we received some travel package with 20% discount because we were guests at the hotel. GOOD STUFF

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Wow what a difference a change of management can make for the worse. I wish I could say good things as I have in the past but one of the things I always definitely require whilst traveling overseas is a good wifi connection. I always had this on previous visits to the Tatum Mansion but this time it was very hit and miss. Extremely frustrating at times, especially when you are trying to FaceTime with family. Just not good enough. Still very reasonable price wise but I shall be looking around on my next trip to Phuket.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank paulsF8587ZC
Reviewed March 24, 2016

STAY AWAY.... WHAT A DUMP.... Stayed from 14 March 2016 to 24 march 2016... I have stayed at the Tatum many many times before when Mick was the Manager...Read the recent reviews and emailed the what I thought was the current Manager Phil in January 2016... Booked a 16 nite stay through Phil with an airport pick-up and Phil emailed me my itinerary and I was looking forward to my trip... Arrived at the airport but there was no was no taxi... So I called the Tatum Mansion but the number was disconnected... Eventually paid 1,000 B for a taxi and was greeted at Tatum by the son of the new owner.. A rude man with limited English who demanded I pay for the entire balance there and then... I refused and the following day found out that Phil was booted out of running Tatum on 20th February - why didn't you tell me this Phil....? I booked in January and arrived in March.... You had plenty of time.... The rest of my time there was an absolute nightmare... NO customer service.... Rubbish... The rooms were good but the energy/demeanor is lost... The sons owners wife even had the gall to tell me that I should go to a 5 Star resort if I wanted a good hotel... Eventually I had to go home early because of family sickness but the sons owner demanded I pay the entire 16 nights.... We argued but eventually he woke up to himself and saw that the contract only penalized someone who cancels with 3 days notice... Regardless, terrible customer service.... The only redeeming feature were the cleaning staff and Kan at the front desk, but even Kan was very tentative around the new Thai owners... Tatum Mansion has lost the spark and the energy and I wish Phil would have had the respect to email me in February instead of leaving me stranded at the airport.... When I departed on 23 March 2016 the owners son was sitting at the front desk with his wife, as my taxi to the airport arrived but as on the previous 10 nights I stayed there, his and his wife's eyes remained glued to the laptop watching a movie oblivious to anyone around them showing absolute disrespect to me and any customers.... Even when I left in the taxi, they remained glued to the laptop on the front desk and didn't utter a word to me.... Pathetic.... STAY AWAY from this place please............

Date of stay: March 2016