“100% Satisfaction!”

Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 720 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Acqua Restaurant is exactly what I'm looking for! The perfect union of italian tastes, creativity and elegance. Great service, hospitality and magic atmosphere. Nice design and view make you feel in the perfect place. I went there with my colleagues from work during our business trip and we are all super satisfied!!! I really recommend Acqua Restaurant to all.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Not sure where all these good reviews came from. People who don't know good Italian food? As for the "awards" Acqua claims, they are pay-for-play "awards". When I arrived, the hostess attempted to body block me from entering, peering through the door and demanding if i had a reservation. I did. But that's beside the point - there was no one (as in zero) in the restaurant. Who cares if I have a rez, there's obviously room. Drop the fake "exclusive" act. Food was barely decent and ridiculously overpriced. Weird wine list.

1  Thank atrain13gm
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I have been visiting Acqua over 100 times in the past decade and the more often I visit the more I am persuaded that Alessandro Frau and his team create heaven.

Sometimes I go there every day for two weeks and I can eat every time a completely different dinner cooked and presented at a level which is second to none.

Fine dining is my passion for all my life and I could not name a place on earth where I was more satisfied when I paid and left - just to come back again very soon or the day after.

Alessandro is not only a great artist but a great person who shows that Acqua is not his business but his life and passion. He strives to deliver his very best from the choice of products, the preparation to the presentation of his incredible dishes - and he is indeed capable to deliver what he strives for.

I feel privileged to be one of his guests.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Acqua was recommended to us by a restaurant owner in Chaing Mai, Thailand. After receiving the recommendation and looking Acqua up online, my husband and I decided to visit for a celebratory anniversary/honeymoon dinner. We were certainly not disappointed! When we arrived at the restaurant, it was just as chic and stylish as it appeared in the pictures. We were seated at a large table that was decorated beautifully with red rose petals and candles. Our waitresses were attentive, friendly, and helpful so I would certainly give this place an A+ in regards to service. Even the chef/owner Alessandro Frau spent quite a bit of time chatting with us. His passion certainly translates into the beautiful creations he produces. Our food was delicious, balanced and plated exquisitely. Some reviews suggest that this restaurant is overpriced (that may be true for Phuket), but fine dining comes at a cost. As a New Yorker, I don't think the prices were anything outside of what we're used to at home. Overall we truly enjoyed our experience and I would certainly recommend a visit, especially for couples looking for a romantic evening.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We had high expectations for this restaurant.

They have spared no expense on the decor and marketing. They have an extensive (and expensive) wine list. We ordered the Degustation menu for 3500 baht per person, two cocktails and a reasonable bottle of wine. $500 later I don’t think the food was worth it.
The presentation is over the top on each dish. It’s creative and quirky.

But the food itself (other than the tuna starter) was beautiful but just not that tasty. The flavor was sadly lacking.

1  Thank L2547HWkimberlyb

Been to Acqua Restaurant? Share your experiences!