“Great Halal Food & Great Location”

Laimai Courtyard Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #135 of 712 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2016

We walked past Laimai almost everyday & decided to stop their for a quick bite one lunchtime. We were intrigued to learn that the beef & chicken dishes were halal (also cooked separately). As I needed a bit of a break from Thai food, I went for a gourmet cheeseburger which was well cooked and tasted really good. My wife went for Thai beef curry which was full of flavour with tender strips of beef! We were so amazed to find a halal restaurant right in the middle of Patong, opposite the beach, that served great food!
We came back to eat at Laimai twice more over our holiday. The pizza was nice, for me this was on par to something you'd get in pizza hut, we also had freshly grilled fish which was lovely and the Thai beef curry, which I would say was one of the best curries we had in Patong.
Would highly recommend, especially if you are looking for halal food!

guffy_bee, Manager at Laimai Courtyard Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Dear followthelight,

Greeting from Baanlaimai Patong Beach Resort,

We would like to express our many thanks to your review us on tripadvisor which we are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us.

Looking forward for your return.

Best regards,
Kanisorn
F&B Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed January 7, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is always busy and has a good atmosphere on an evening. There is a welcome breeze from the beach and staff attend to you quickly- although their English is poor compared with other restaurants locally.
We had 2 different Thai currys and both were absolutely beautiful, as was the pork fried rice.
The chairs are very uncomfortable and the drinks are pretty scandalous- 2.10 B for a large singha!! The food is also pricey but worth it

1  Thank Hayley P
guffy_bee, Manager at Laimai Courtyard Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Hayley P,

Greetings from Baan Laimai Beach Resort.

Thanks for the review and for the score gave to us. We feel happy to know that you enjoyed our food and atmospehere.

I would like to inform you that, if the price of large beer (210 THB) is so expensive for you, we have other options quite attractive:Small beer at 99 THB, and a Pint (0.5 liter) at 120 THB (all same brand of beer).

I also would like you understand that, the price of the food & drink are nett, so there's no extra charge added, different as many other restaurants do, an is also included the atmosphere that our live band can provide daily.

I hope than on overall you experience with us was satisfactory and we would like to have you back again, for that time, be me, a better English speaker, take care you.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful setting, with a band playing music, beautiful setting with trees and fans keeping it nice and breezy and gorgeous happy staff that were very attentive and went out of their way to help. Food was also very nice we had satay chicken skewers which were lovely but I personally love my satay sticks swimming in the sauce but there wasn't very much. And I had a noodle dish with soy sauce and chicken, it was very nice! Free wifi too with is always good when you've been traveling all day.

1  Thank Amelia Y

Dear Amelia Y,

Greetings from Baan Laimai Beach Resort.

Thank you very much for the good review and also for the description of your dinning experience with us.
I expected you gave a full score for that so good opinion, but anyway, I appreciate the punctuation granted.

We would like to have you back again as soon as possible.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

Very average food for the price.
Rice was so over cooked it was gluggy.
Have had a lot better at a side of the road on way to Raiwi.

Dear Aza H,

Greetings from Baan Laimai Beach Resort.

We feel sorry for know that you didn't enjoy our food. I spoke already to the culinary team for that don't happen again.

Is possible that, looking the date you post the review, at the Peak season, we was very busy and for that, some mistakes happen.

but far away to try to find a excuse, we apologize for don't satisfy you and we expect you give us another change next time you visit Patong.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

We have eaten at Baan Laimai in previous years and it's always been OK but this time was different.
My husband ordered grilled whole fish and I ordered spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread and we asked for everything to come together.
After 5 minutes they brought the garlic bread, then after another 5 minutes they brought my spaghetti bolognaise. There was no sign of the fish. We asked a waiter and he said grilled fish takes longer to cook which we understand but why can they not time everything together?
They realized we were not happy and brought us some spring rolls but I'd already eaten and my husband just wanted the fish.
It was at least another 20 minutes before the fish arrived.
The fish was fantastic, however, the spaghetti bolognaise was the strangest spag bol i've ever had. It did not taste like spag bol, it was more like a hot pot taste, very strange.
They did not offer to reduce the bill and it's not a cheap place to eat so we won't be returning on our next trip to Patong.

1  Thank Sally069
guffy_bee, Manager at Laimai Courtyard Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Sally069,

Greeting from Baanlaimai Patong Beach Resort,

Thank you for sharing your experience which we have learnt that you and your husband were disappoint on food is not delivery at the same time however I have speak to them that shouldn't be happen once we have guest who is require to have the meal at the same time we have to underline and also nobody approach you at least apologize which is unacceptable however I and my team will ensure that is not gonna happen with another diner and hopefully you will come back to dine with us again.

Looking forward for your return.

Best regards,