“paradise”

Ranked #2 of 321 Hotels in Patong
toronto, ontario
“paradise”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We picked this hotel for the amazing location and were not disappointed! As the other travellers have mentioned you are on a secluded beach but only minutes from the action in Patong.
The rooms are immaculately clean, the washroom toiletries are fantastic, and the maid service was top notch.
The spa services were amazing - they even do a hillside massage in a private hut overloooking the bay - soooo relaxing!
Yes - there are a lot of stairs - but we knew this before booking and therefore had no problems with it.
Most nights we ate out in Patong however the dinner buffet at the hotel was excellent and fairly priced, same for the breakfast.
The pools were gorgeous - never had any issues with towels or reserving seats.
The beaches were nice however I did notice that they were not as clean (litter) as other properties that I have visited.So we stayed by the pool.
The long pier was great for fishing - caught a few fish and squid.
Overall - an amazing experience, great location, great amenities, and did I mention great location?! lol.
Tip: the drinks in the lobby/room fridge were a bit pricey - we walked down the street to the local grocery store and picked up drinks/beer/water for a fraction of the price and stored them in our room fridge.

Room Tip: superior room definitely worth the upgrade - the balcony is spacious and the views are amazing
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank justbeachin'

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,068)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights from 13th February and loved every moment. A world apart from the madness of nearby Patong but close enough to pay a visit to the hussle and bustle if that is what you want. We were in a deluxe room and our sons in a superior - both excellent with great views of the bay. Staff fantastic and food in restaurants great. Breakfast buffet offered everything you could possibly want. A great base to visit sights of the island and trips offered by the hotel were excellent and, we since discovered, good value if you want a quality day out/s. we would definitely visit again without hesitation although as a previous comment I saw, the sun lounger towel brigade certainly made getting 4 loungers together difficult at times but we always found some.

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank Nick000017
London
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Having read the very positive reviews here of this hotel I decided to go ahead and book an 8 day stay in a deluxe room. I have to ask the question - did I really stay at the same lovely hotel as other reviewers?. My room on the 3rd floor of the deluxe wing was old, tired, the bathroom was prehistoric and in absolute desparate need of renovation. The toilet did not work when we arrived. The deluxe wing is also a very long walk from reception involving many stairs so will not be suitable for everyone - for me I essentially had to get down 4 levels, walk through the main restaurant, across the pool, get to the deluxe block walk back up 3 flights of stairs and walk all the way to the end of the block. There is no shuttle service from the deluxe wing to reception - which was disappointing. No tuk tuk driver would take you to the deluxe wing unless you paid an additional 100 bht. So if you didn't want to walk back from patong beach it was 300bht to get to your block at the Amari.

I know it was high season but we struggled each and every day to get a sun lounger. Every guest kept reserving them. The only way to guarantee a bed was to get up at 6.30am - take the covers off yourself and put down a towel! I hate doing that - I know it is rude. If all guests just used the beds when they actually wanted to sit by the pool then there would have been enough to go round. Many beds were reserved for several hours with no one sitting on them.

The food at the hotel is good - but not outstanding, especially for the prices charged. I expect to pay more at a hotel but I paid the equivalent of UKP15 for a starter of spring rolls and a greek salad!. The breakfast to me is pretty standard buffet fare with not much variety but it is good quality and plentiful. The egg station was excellent.

Overall, a very disappointing hotel. Everything about it was old, tired and in need of complete renovation. I saw one deluxe room had been going through a renovation but for me this would not be enough to induce me to go back. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are minute. Quite frankly this is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in Thailand and I have been visiting this country every year for the past 15 years.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank Shaboom
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed for three nights in a superior room and I was very satisfied with my stay.

The rooms and service are adequate, not extraordinary. The bathroom was a little dated, with the water temperature sometimes changing slightly without warning.

However all that aside, the best things about this resort are the balcony with the seaview, the breakfasts, and the facilities/views from all around the hotel.

Firstly, the balcony was a good size, furnished with comfortable cushioned couches and chairs, and a table. It was great to come back to the hotel and relax on the balcony with the amazing view of the beach and the sea, listening to the relaxing sound of the waves below.

The private beach at the front of the hotel was good. When the tide was out you could watch the crabs on the sand.

The breakfast was one of the best buffet breakfasts I've had in any hotel, and I've stayed in quite a few! There was an amazing selection of food from all around the world, and they even had exotic things like Scottish eggs, as well as the normal Asian and Western fare. The food was great, and the restaurant in which breakfast was served had beautiful sea views. We did not eat in the hotel restaurants apart from at breakfast.

The two pools looked absolutely gorgeous, and they also had sea views. I'm not normally one to lounge by the pool, but in this resort I would have gladly done that.

The bar was also great, you could sit in deck chairs drinking while looking at the sea view.

The hotel is spread out over a large area, but parking is available on the far end. Our room was located on the end furthest from the lobby, but it was not inconvenient for us as we rented a scooter and parked it in the car park outside our block. I can see it would be a problem to have to walk far to the lobby if you did not have a scooter.

A negative of this hotel was that free wi-fi was only available in the lobby, after having to get a password from the reception staff. The lobby itself was incredibly hot and stuffy, with no airconditioning, so it was not possible to spend a lot of time there on the internet.

Overall, I would say that the positives were so amazing that they outweighed the negatives, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Experimentee
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and spent 7 nights here. Every thing about the place was fabulous- the room was pleasant, facilities great, lots fo food/drinking locations within the facility. It is so close to the main part of Phuket (5-10 min easy walk downhill)yet you feel sheltered from it all within the resort. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. I can't speak highly enough about this resort- it was a wonderful experience!

My only comment was that our 'king size bed' was actaully two singles pushed together on a large base (which is in my expeeince not uncommon in large resorts/hotels), and were made up as two seperate beds. We chose not to complain/speak to staff about this as in the scheme of things it wasn't a major concern but for those who might be more picky than myself I would maybe check when making your reservation what the bed make up is,.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Megan S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Excellent location, service and staff. Couldn't fault it. Views stunning, lovely balcony with settee and comfy chair. Bed very comfortable. Plenty of hanging space.

Laundry and maid service excellent.

Spa to die for - stunning setting and service and treatments. Also provide mini massages next to pool.

As mentioned before there are a lot of steps but no problem for us.

Bathroom a bit dated but clean and adequate - shower in bath.

Pool is much larger than looks in photos.

Airport a bit chaotic but hotel car transfer was faultless even provided refreshing hand towel and water.

If you've not been to Phuket before you will really appreciate the location just a few minutes away from hustle and bustle of town. It is very relaxing.

Room Tip: Believe we had superior room as had bath. You get a bigger balcony with this. Also some comfy chai...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cwcwcwcwcw
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the Amari for 2 days at the end of a 10 day Phuket holiday, our time was spent around the pool area for both days, the hotel is outstanding in location, the views, the restaurants and the staff. We stayed in a deluxe room which was on the ground floor next to the beach and near the largest swimming pool, outstanding views of Patong Beach and local area. Keep in mind that some of the rooms are a small walk from the reception; Tuk Tuk would drive around to those areas. Ate breakfast, lunch’s and dinner at the hotel, truly outstanding.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank R_rodan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
29.9 km away
1.1 km away
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
0.9 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!