“want go back”

Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa
Ranked #22 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 15 March 2012

i went to diamond cliff 2001 its the best hotel i have ever been to want to go back loads for children to do lovely food pools does anyone no if russes cafe is still at the bottom of diamond cliff it was very cheap to eat there we went ever day for brekki cant wait go back

Room Tip: they were all good
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kathyWigan

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at the Dimond Cliff hotel for my mum and dads 30th wedding anniversary, upon arrival we where hreeeted with welcome drinks and my mum and dad with flowers for round there necks. We where then notified that we had all been upgraded to the Ocean Suite as a good will gesture in honour of there anniversary, they had laid out choclates rose pettles and a cake for my mum and dad. The rooms where just amazing with a hot tub over looking the pools/ ocean they where spotless and very very spacious, the satff (in particular joe on the pool bar) where tremendous and so helpful and friendly.

the hotel is set in beautiful grounds with good tennis courts amazing pools and free transfers to there own private beach which is unbelieveable and has a big ball swing so you are swinging over the sea! couldnt have asked for a better family holiday for the 6 of us, will deffo be returning x

Room Tip: if you would like an upgrade for an occasion e.g anniversary, email the hotel direct do not ask your...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hayleyfrenche
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked two rooms at this resort, one for my father the other for myself.

Before arriving at the hotel from another inaccurately described hotel in Phuket town, I called to check what time the room would be ready. The receptionist told us 2pm. After being told this we went shopping, had some lunch, then arrived at the hotel at 2pm, the room was not ready, SO DESPITE BEING REASSURED VIA TELEPHONE room would be ready it was not. IN FACT it took another hour to prepared.

They put us in a two "SUITES". The rooms are actually QUITE BEAUTIFUL, but I must say, they are somewhat outdated and in need of an OVERHAUL. The two rooms we had, WE COULD NOT GET ANY INTERNET.

IT TOOK 48 HOURS for them to fix the internet in my room. AGAIN, this was despite me calling on COUNTLESS OCCASIONS. Another example of staff BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE: I phoned up reception early 8 am as I was going for breakfast and a hospital appointment. I asked them to have the room cleaned between 8 and 11 as this is when I would be out. UPON ARRIVAL AT 12PM STILL NOT Cleaned.

WE BOOKED TWO ROOMS AT THE HOTEL FOR FOUR PEOPLE. My father checked out after 1 day due to family problems back in the UK, no refund from the hotel but AGODA settled with us as we are very good customers. When bringing a THAI FRIEND (not anything else) back to the hotel, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED WITH HOTEL BEHAVIOUR. Baring in mind we were paying for 4 people and two rooms, it was within my right to bring a guest, they made such a fuss and caused a big embarrassment to me.

BEWARE!! This hotel is host to the number one TAXI MAFIA in Phuket. When asking for a taxi outside the hotel FOR ONE DAY they said 3500 BAHT (£75 OR $100), this was far TOO OVERPRICED as for the 10 days before we had been paying 2000 BAHT PER DAY. Anyway, needless to say, I went in search for a cheaper option. I found a drive (countless are located on the beach front), he quoted me 1800 BAHT for the DAY. I checked out, and instructed the driver to collect me. He came to the lobby collected me and my bags, but, when driving outside the hotel (at the entrance of the hotel )the DIAMOND CLIFF RESORT TAXI MAFIA threatened him an instructed him to drop me back at lobby, which he did. THERE WAS NO WAY, I was going to pay 3500 baht for a taxi, so I WALKED WITH ALL MY SUITCASES 2km to find the same taxi driver. I HAVE BEEN TOLD my numerous people DIAMOND CLIFF HOTEL is well known for TAXI MAFIA.

Oh, I must point out that when I checked out, when mentioning the above problems (excluding that of taxi), they refunded me with a generous 500 baht, VERY GENEROUS (Excuse the sarcasm).

This is quite frankly THE WORST 5* service I have ever experienced. STAFF ARE UNRESPONSIVE, clearly very BADLY trained. The type of people who NOD their head but not really listening to you. If you want a decent hotel try the INDIGO PEARL 2000% better in every way.

Room Tip: double check your room has an internet connection
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank SyamPaulKolli
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed for 10 days. Fantastic hotel. Beautiful pools and gardens. Staff could not be more helpful and respectful of their guests. Wouldn't hesitate giving this hotel and its location 150%. Couldn't fault a thing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Happywanderer5263
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We ran away from the snow and -20 right to the sunny amazing Puket. We choose the Dimond Cliff resort since it looked so nice on the web, ho boy what a great surprise to see its even better that it looks. Hotel location perfect a bit aside from the center but right by the beach. The staff is kind and hospitality is amazing. Everything and everywhere is super clean and well maintained. Nothing more to wish for, maybe the breakfast ,though it is international I miss teaste of western yogurt but that's just me, my husband got along just fine and if you are coming from Asia you will find plenty choices. We are still on our vacation enjoying it and the hotel' worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Anat100
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our 4th stay at Diamond Cliff and we decided to return here due to the location, propery size and the great room size for a triple bed option.
The hotel is in need of a really good maintainence overhaul - it's looking it's age and with so many Hotels on offer in the vicinity it's looking tired and no longer 5 star.
The Gym in particular had both Treadmills 'out of service' & only one of the 3 bikes in good working condition and all other equipment very old and no longer in good working condition was really disappointing.
There is a lack of visible hotel management at the pool areas and the Pool Bar was really poorly attended and the staff incredibly slack and unprofessional.
We have had fond memories of this resort with previous stays but unfortunately wont be returning to this Hotel.
We've stayed at the New Centara in Karon and this was roughly the same in cost but far superior as it's a new resort and managemnt is on hand in all areas to ensure great service and smooth operation. The only negative may be the distance from Patong if that's your thing.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Diamond Wing is definately worth the extra as the standard rooms are pretty poorly lo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank LisaNorthcote
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We've stayed in several places in patong in the past 2 years. Diamond cliff is now our favorite. Lovely ambience, fantastic pools, one with a waterslide. The pool overlooking the sea is great for drinks at sunset. it's a short 200 baht tuk tuk ride into patong. A room on the upper levels would command a lovely view I'm sure. We will most definitely stay there again. The staff were so friendly and helpful they even left a birthday cake in our room for my hubby who's special day we were celebrating in Phuket.

• Stayed: February 2012