“excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Geraldton, Australia
“excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We loved this hotel. It was close enough but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Patong( it was about a 10 min walk down to Patong and about a 15 min walk on the way back-as this hotel is up hill!). Very large rooms, ensuite area was massive and very clean all round. Staff are very friendly and remember you and nothing is too much trouble for them. We would stay here again. The only one thing that they don't do is packages that include breakfast. The bed was a little hard for our liking, but apart from that, it is an awesome hotel.There is also a shuttle bus that can take you to your room or to any of thier resturants.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lil_deb_29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Concluding our asia tour we stayed here for 7 nights. This is a good hotel with big rooms and good a/c [ours broke over night one night and the hotel had it fixed by the time we came back from lunch - well done chaps]. We had lunch in one of the restaurants over looking the sea but did not use the others as we found an excellent fish restaurant 5 mins away. Cliff is a good description and where as normally I have found hotels to cope ok with wheel chairs this is really not a very easy task here. There are steps every where and every way. The shuttle makes this ok for guys who move ok. The pool bar is really good and the bar near reception is also good. All in all if I pass this way again I will come back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank adoDerby
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Very nice hotel, beautiful property, great room! FREE internet even from my room! Amazing private beach with free shuttle! Prices at hotel restaurants and room service sooo cheap! (ex pad thai with seafood $4, kilogramm of any fruits $3, nice dinner at oceanfront restaurant with lobsters, crabs, tiger shrimps, unlimited bread, salad, soup and few drinks for two- $100). Few minutes to public beach. Service- beyond great! Loved it

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anna F
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just a fantastic place to stay!!!
Hope to go back again one day!

Room Tip: Hotel is built in a small hill so, choose the top room for ga greater view!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

i went to diamond cliff 2001 its the best hotel i have ever been to want to go back loads for children to do lovely food pools does anyone no if russes cafe is still at the bottom of diamond cliff it was very cheap to eat there we went ever day for brekki cant wait go back

Room Tip: they were all good
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kathyWigan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at the Dimond Cliff hotel for my mum and dads 30th wedding anniversary, upon arrival we where hreeeted with welcome drinks and my mum and dad with flowers for round there necks. We where then notified that we had all been upgraded to the Ocean Suite as a good will gesture in honour of there anniversary, they had laid out choclates rose pettles and a cake for my mum and dad. The rooms where just amazing with a hot tub over looking the pools/ ocean they where spotless and very very spacious, the satff (in particular joe on the pool bar) where tremendous and so helpful and friendly.

the hotel is set in beautiful grounds with good tennis courts amazing pools and free transfers to there own private beach which is unbelieveable and has a big ball swing so you are swinging over the sea! couldnt have asked for a better family holiday for the 6 of us, will deffo be returning x

Room Tip: if you would like an upgrade for an occasion e.g anniversary, email the hotel direct do not ask your...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hayleyfrenche
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked two rooms at this resort, one for my father the other for myself.

Before arriving at the hotel from another inaccurately described hotel in Phuket town, I called to check what time the room would be ready. The receptionist told us 2pm. After being told this we went shopping, had some lunch, then arrived at the hotel at 2pm, the room was not ready, SO DESPITE BEING REASSURED VIA TELEPHONE room would be ready it was not. IN FACT it took another hour to prepared.

They put us in a two "SUITES". The rooms are actually QUITE BEAUTIFUL, but I must say, they are somewhat outdated and in need of an OVERHAUL. The two rooms we had, WE COULD NOT GET ANY INTERNET.

IT TOOK 48 HOURS for them to fix the internet in my room. AGAIN, this was despite me calling on COUNTLESS OCCASIONS. Another example of staff BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE: I phoned up reception early 8 am as I was going for breakfast and a hospital appointment. I asked them to have the room cleaned between 8 and 11 as this is when I would be out. UPON ARRIVAL AT 12PM STILL NOT Cleaned.

WE BOOKED TWO ROOMS AT THE HOTEL FOR FOUR PEOPLE. My father checked out after 1 day due to family problems back in the UK, no refund from the hotel but AGODA settled with us as we are very good customers. When bringing a THAI FRIEND (not anything else) back to the hotel, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED WITH HOTEL BEHAVIOUR. Baring in mind we were paying for 4 people and two rooms, it was within my right to bring a guest, they made such a fuss and caused a big embarrassment to me.

BEWARE!! This hotel is host to the number one TAXI MAFIA in Phuket. When asking for a taxi outside the hotel FOR ONE DAY they said 3500 BAHT (£75 OR $100), this was far TOO OVERPRICED as for the 10 days before we had been paying 2000 BAHT PER DAY. Anyway, needless to say, I went in search for a cheaper option. I found a drive (countless are located on the beach front), he quoted me 1800 BAHT for the DAY. I checked out, and instructed the driver to collect me. He came to the lobby collected me and my bags, but, when driving outside the hotel (at the entrance of the hotel )the DIAMOND CLIFF RESORT TAXI MAFIA threatened him an instructed him to drop me back at lobby, which he did. THERE WAS NO WAY, I was going to pay 3500 baht for a taxi, so I WALKED WITH ALL MY SUITCASES 2km to find the same taxi driver. I HAVE BEEN TOLD my numerous people DIAMOND CLIFF HOTEL is well known for TAXI MAFIA.

Oh, I must point out that when I checked out, when mentioning the above problems (excluding that of taxi), they refunded me with a generous 500 baht, VERY GENEROUS (Excuse the sarcasm).

This is quite frankly THE WORST 5* service I have ever experienced. STAFF ARE UNRESPONSIVE, clearly very BADLY trained. The type of people who NOD their head but not really listening to you. If you want a decent hotel try the INDIGO PEARL 2000% better in every way.

Room Tip: double check your room has an internet connection
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SyamPaulKolli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
2.4 km away
Novotel Phuket Resort
Novotel Phuket Resort
#9 of 319 in Patong
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,796 reviews

Been to Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!