10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$175
Hotels.comUS$187
TravelocityUS$187
AlgotelsUS$214
1,861 results
All reviews diamond suite waterfall pool ocean view restaurant shuttle bus patong beach tuk tuk shuttle service our honeymoon jacuzzi suite swim up bar andaman sea phuket town main pool buffet breakfast bangla road private beach hill
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I took my partner for his 30th birthday to the Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa. During that period they had special offers on. Well, when they say special offers make sure you check and check and check again that you understand what they say! Especially when going to use them.
First problem: My partner’s birthday cake was one left outside our room in the sun, they didn’t even knock on the door they just left it at the door, two it was pink with pink flowers and three said Mrs and his surname. I didn’t see it walking out of the door and put my foot in half of it.
Second problem: I organised a massage for his birthday for the both of us, they don’t know the difference between Mr and Ms! They make you fill out forms that they don’t even look at or read. What’s they point of asking for something and telling them to not touch parts of your body and they go and do it. Mr partner wanted a hard massage being a male and I wanted a soft one. I got his! They ended up rubbing on my sunburn so much that I ended up with blisters. I told them to stop and that he was the one with the hard massage and they kept on going until I got up and left. You want to visit a day spa, go somewhere else! We had a voucher for 70% off. They didn’t even except it even tho they said it was ok to use it.
Third Problem: You need to be a goat to stay at this resort! The staff is rude and they are not helpful, the housekeeping was crap and they went through our stuff numerous amounts of time. I will never stay at this resort if it was the last place in Phuket. You want to stay somewhere nice, go to the Le Meridian or Merlin Beach Resort. Both have better service and people that speak English!

Date of stay: October 2007
2  Thank PhuketQueen
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed at Diamond Cliff for 10 days for our honeymoon. We cried when we left! The resort was amazing. It is siutated about a 5 minute beach walk from central Patong, although hardly a chore! It is known to be in 'quiet Patong' away from the hussle and bussly of central Patong. We stayed in a Diamond Suite. So very roomy, most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the airconditioning was just lovely! and had everything that we could have ever possible needed or wanted. The service from everyone was brillant from everyone especially the drivers that pick you up from reception and drive you to your room and back again. Most lovely happy souls I have ever met. The breakfast was more than plentiful, covered everyones tastes and cuisines. Yummmm! The pools are just amazing and very picturesque. The Grand Wing pool was pure bliss. Unfortunately, did find the time to go to the day spa. Can't recommend this motel enough. Our stay was purely brillant and HIGHLY recommend Diamond Cliff to anyone going to Patong.

Date of stay: March 2008
2  Thank ShereeHill
Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed 7 nights at the Diamond Cliff and were fortunate enough to have been upgraded to a Diamond Suite in the Grand Wing which was absolutely amazing. The hotel was within walking distance of the mad centre of Patong, however far enough away to get away from it all and it felt very romantic. We just loved this hotel, with the choice of swimming pools and a great selection of restaurants. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We had no complaints about this hotel at all, we just loved it and would definitely return again.

Date of stay: February 2009
6  Thank littleninja
Reviewed March 6, 2009

couldn't find a single fault with the hotel.the place was imaculate and the staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you.nothing was too much trouble for them and they spoke perfect english.the hotel rooms are set at the top of a steep hill but there is a little shuttle buggy that will take you up and back down again and this makes for a fantastic view out to sea.the facilities were excellent,3 good sized swimming pools all serving excellent poolside food.also,try the italian restaraunt,we found the food top notch.the hotel itself is in a quiet littlecorner of patong but only a 15 minute steady walk to the lively bangla road with plenty of nice restaraunts and quieter bars on the way.cant wait to go back!

Date of stay: January 2009
6  Thank ckirk7
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My family booked this hotel in London, England and got an amazing deal. Basically, they got a three week hotel stay for approximately $1200 USD. I tried to book from the USA and would have been fortunate to get that same price for a week’s stay at the same hotel.

Upon arrival I was speedily met at the front desk area. The hotel is secure and so they want to welcome each guest so they are able to determine your purpose for arriving at the hotel. Also, this welcome is somewhat of a family style greeting where you feel like you have known each member of staff for a very long time.

The rooms are so clean, and well taken care of. It was a pleasure to stay in these rooms. I must say that the bathroom is not very well vented and so there was a lot of mildew around the bathtub and walls. We stayed in room 1731 and our balcony was much smaller than other family members who were booked in rooms 1725 to 1737. Our room 1731 had a nice view but somewhat obstructed view of the ocean.

Note that the hotel is on a steep hill and does require free hotel transportation to get up and down the hill to your room and back to the front desk. I am a young fit person, but even in that heat I wasn't always ready to take on the steep climb.

The hotel provides a free bottle of water each morning, and new slippers for each guest which does come in very handy. If you did not book breakfast with you can pick up bread and supplies at the local supermarket. I dined once at the buffet and the food was very good, and there was lots of it!

In addition to free water bottles, and slippers, the hotel provides one free trip to its fruit shop. You can get approximately 3kg of fruit, which isn't a lot, but it's very good. The hotel has two great restaurants that sell American and Thai food. When I say American, I mean hot dogs, chicken and fries in a basket and so on.

The location of the hotel is fantastic!! The hotel is a very short walk to the tuk tuk stand, but make sure that you get the hotel guards to escort you across the busy road - it's a free service the hotel provides and it comes in handy. A tuk tuk will cost approximately 150 to 200 BHT to go to the local shopping district where you can explore at your heart’s content. There are many places to eat that vary from greasy spoon style, to gourmet restaurants. I hear that the food along the beach is great, but I'm a little picky when it comes to where I eat. The local food outside of the hotel is very cheap so please do not spend all of your money on the hotel restaurants.

There are many places to get manicures and pedicures at very low prices i.e. 200 BHT or less, but please be careful about the cleanliness of the places you visit as you want to make sure that the tools they use are sterlie, and I don't think thats typical. There was a great place about a 10 min walk on the left side of the street where the ladies where bright green shirts. This place was very busy and the ladies are very nice and respectful. My family went there many times for manicures and pedi's, but be warned, you might find a nail from the last guest on your seat, or in the water you are supposed to soak your feet in, so please be cautious. I recommend the hotel spa, or a local store that looks somewhat professional.

The only complaint I have about the hotel is that my sister was getting married at another hotel i.e. Dusit Thani and that hotel was very welcoming of us as family of the guest. On the other hand the Diamond Cliff does not allow any outside guests, which was a huge problem when my mother became ill and the hotel refused my sister access to see her. They later realized their mistake and allowed her access. Unfortunately, it took a word from the Dr to allow that, and she wasn't allow back in to check on our mother. Thankfully I arrived later that day.

The hotel does not have a business center. It took a good 10 minute conversation with the front desk to gather that information. Apparently they have free wireless in the reception area, but I did not investigate. They do allow you to use their printers as long as you have a laptop computer.

When leaving the hotel please note that their transportation is very expensive! Approximately 1400 BHT for four people plus luggage. If you can please talk to the locals about getting transport back to the airport. We paid just 700 BHT through a local hotel employee connection.

I would definately stay at the Diamond Cliff again. Check out my photos.

Date of stay: February 2009