1,383 results
All reviews diamond suite grand wing ocean suite waterfall pool romantic suite shuttle bus guava juice patong beach tuk tuk dressing room steep hill across the road shuttle service our honeymoon swim up bar busy road sea view
Reviewed April 23, 2016

This hotel offers a quiet sanctuary away from the crazy streets of downtown Phuket. It's stay was amazing and did a fine job keeping my brother and I happy. The food was good, the view was amazing, and as an overall, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The views are worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Yongsak N, ผู้จัดการ at Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Dear Lunarthwolf:

Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa situated on the northern part of Patong Beach, away from noices and busy activities BUT only 10-15 min. strolling along the beach, you will actually see and meet, What you've called " Crazy Spot " where all the actions are !! Therefore, we are suitable for both normal family vacationers and Generation X who want the Sea Sports & Night Action, just only a few hundred metres away.
Appreciated very much on your comments and your sincere recommendation to others. we hope to welcome you back here again in the near future.

Cheer !

Reviewed April 22, 2016

Today is my 1st night of my 5 nights here and I am regretting having booked this hotel.

The check-in process was longer than what I'm used to. We had to provide all passports and fill in forms with all signatures. We had 3 rooms and had to put in a deposit of 8000 baht which I thought was unusually high. Most hotels would just accept credit card details or keep a deposit of 1000 baht per room. They were very considerate to offer guava juice (very sweet) and a cold towel while you wait. The towel had a nice jasmine scent to it.

I got my room and it was a twin bed, called the recep at 5pm to find out if they have a room with a King/Queen bed. They said they'll check and get back to me. Called again at 8pm to check on the status. It was as if it's the first time they're hearing about my request. Said they'll check and call back again. It's 10pm and still no call.

Bed is rock hard. Read many reviews with this complaint and management's response is that this is the "Asian style type mattress". I live in Asia, and I would like to confirm that it's not true. I also have stayed in many hotels in Asia, and would like to confirm that a hard bed is not the norm. This is to deny any stereotypical notion that Asians are weird and love sleeping on hard mattresses. I am surprised why the management would not just adopt spring mattresses than keep trying to justify otherwise. Their pillows matches their beds i.e. not soft and fluffy, read: hard and flat.

Though room is clean, the furnishings are really dated. Looked like something from the 80s. The theme here is Classic. Sockets by the bed also do not work. So if you brought your laptop, be prepared to stretch your cable from the bed to across the room where only available working socket is. Forget about using your phone while charging.

There's a shuttle that leaves for central Patong only at 11am, 1pm 4pm and 8pm but is only one way. But you'll have to book it min. 1 day in advance so make sure you plan ahead. If not, it's a 200 baht journey via tuktuk. I emailed the staff a few days before arriving to esquire about the free shuttle I read about but there was no reply. So I was't informed that I had to book in advance i.e. no shuttle service for me on my first night.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Yongsak N, ผู้จัดการ at Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Indolence:

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to express your thought over our facilities and services. Department Head concerned is informed and make sure that staffs will be re-trained. Our deposit is rather different from other because our policy to have deposit is the signing privilege of a bill from various facilities within the hotel, other hotel is deposit for MiniBar and Key, Therefore, the rate are different. I have just returned from Singapore, hotel asked both for my Credit card imprint and 100 Singapore Dollar for deposit. Credit card should be enough, isn't it?. There might be some different among hotels every where. Hard bedding or soft bedding, as we have mentioned. If it made from Para Rubber, we called hard (for us still not hard) and Spring-box, we called soft but at the beginning (1-2 years old) is still Hard (for some people) and the fluffy one. Para Rubber is good for your back and the most expensive one. (Chinese, Japanese and Korean-they love it as they knows that it good for them) Singapore, Malaysian bedding are also hard-but to my liking.
Diamondcliff reosrt & spa has been operated since 1988 with the theme of contemporry Thai architectural concept mainly made of the most expensive one-GoldenTeak-it might look dated for this decade ,If compare with newly built one. However, we have planned to change the color and design for the whole hotel starting next month and would be completed within 3 years.
Again, sorry for all the problem you had encountered and was not up to your liking and expectation. Please accept my sincere apology on bahalf of everyone here.

Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for four days and it was amazing. The service of the staff was outstanding, they were helpful from the moment we arrived till the moment we left. We booked all of our activities through their tour information guide in the lobby which mad it easy to plan our trip, and they had plenty of shuttles into the shopping centre throughout the day. The climb to the rooms was steep on foot but they had a little shuttle from the reception to the top which made coming and going easy. Beautiful views from our room, which was pretty standard. the Italian restaurant was delish as well and a awesome selection for brekky every day. Would definitely stay there again!!!

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank katherinemY8984HR

Dear KatherinemY8984HR

Appreciated very much on your compliments. We are always strives to make everything comfortable and enjoyable for our valued guests like you.

Hope that a good memory will be with you always...

Cheer..

Reviewed April 21, 2016

The Hotel is beautiful, with sea view, all the comfort , but what make this hotel awesome are the beautiful staff, the look after you at any time, always polite and with a big smile. I can not wait to go back there.

Room Tip: everything was just perfect, even more then you can expect.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Cinziacardia:

Thank you for your kind words regarding the services from our staffs. Being a THAI and Training, would make this thing happens. Our Mission is to make all guests happy and enjoy. Do come back again if youhave time.

Have a nice days..

Reviewed April 20, 2016

My husband and I stayed at this lovely resort in April to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were upgraded to the Ocean View Suite which was amazing. Very grand. The staff at every aspect of the hotel were very professional. The service was great. The pool area was really good for any age - including a waterfall and waterslide. We enjoyed our breakfasts - abundant choice and well prepared - the service staff were really nice.

We tried one of the restaurants only and that was Kiko Japanese - fantastic. The quality and the freshness of the food was awesome and the staff were so good - we felt very special.

The only thing I can fault regarding the dining is we attempted to go to the Diamond Hut BBQ restaurant - they have a buffet menu. I'm so sorry - don't go there. We went and there were only a couple of tables with people on them but we decided to stay - the staff weren't very helpful on the process of how the buffet works and eventually figured it out. We went to the buffet table which consisted of 3-4 side dishes, salad bar was some tomato, lettuce & onion and dessert was a couple of bite size morsals - the meat or seafood was to be chosen by you and cooked on the bbq. It was at this point that we decided to leave. So many great restaurants in Phuket - we ate elsewhere for half the price and 3 times more variety.

I would like to mention - and it was not a problem for us at all, however it is a very hilly resort with lots of steps and I wouldn't recommend it the elderly with mobility problems or toddlers who are still finding their little feet.

Other than that, this hotel is magnificent - I would go back again definitely.

Room Tip: The Grand Wing was lovely - not noisy at all and very spacious. But it is up the hill!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Yongsak N, ผู้จัดการ at Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Laine23

Thank you indeed for your kind compliments and comment over our BBQ Buffet. Every problems noted and informed those copncerned in FOod & Beverage production & service to improve it.

Again, Happy Anniversary and look forward to welcoming you two back home again.

Cheer !