“Hotel on less than 2 minutes walk from beach and 5-10 minutes from Bangla Road.”

Horizon Patong Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 319 Hotels in Patong
tallinn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stay with our group in family rooms. The hotel is maybe not very new, but it`s ok comparing the price. The biggest advantage in my opinion is location. It`s between the first and second line and very close to shopping center and night life heart - Bangla Road. To get on beach you just need to jump over the street. Service at hotel was also ok and only question mark for us were spa. It means the prices in Spa. Most of prices were 4-5 times higher than in town. Ownestly we didn`t use them, but it`s difficult to believe, that they could be 4-5 times better than others.

Room Tip: There is free wifi only in reception and try to get the room closer to it. 2294 has a wifi:).
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed here in 2007 and then took a group of friends back in March 2009. Rooms were good. We were upgraded to family suite 1st time which was awesome and spacious. 2nd time in standard room which was a lot smaller but still ok. Location was good. Pools both good. Gym had all the equipment we needed. Breakfast was awesome. Always something different to choose from. Massage places right outside the hotel are excellent. Nice hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are quite small so if you have the money upgrade but with a pool, bars and so much to...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leanne O
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2010, we only stayed 2 nights here. We chose this place mainly for the location as we had a friends wedding to attend. We chose to stay elsewhere for the remaining of our holidays.

We had a double room where the entrance outside our door was dark and dingy. Our room had a shared door to next door, well more like two doors in one frame, and we could hear the noise they were making, to the point we banged on the shared door to quiet them down.

The room space is sufficient, but the decor was quite old.

Breakfast buffet was ok, I've had better buffet breakfasts in other hotels in thailand. Not much variety, and the outdoor dining area for breakfast had only views of rooms and garden, nothing special.

I wouldn't stay here again if I visited Phuket. We stayed at Amari Coral which is worth coming back to.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Someone from the hotel must be writing the great reviews. This place was a dump! When was the last time you checked into a hotel and they gave you a key instead of a card? Went to get water for the wife and was propositioned 2 times in 30 seconds right at the main enterance. The food at the indian restaurant was poor and expensive, we had to wipe down our own placemats. We thought we were going to be at the Karon Horizon Beach which we did tranfer to the next day for a $500 upgrade, the final straw was the rat running across the lobby. The rooms were filthy, the TV did not work, and I actually felt unsafe at the location. As I said any great reviews must be by the management.

Room Tip: Yes, another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Kbrossel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

utterly terrible.
avoid like the plague.
stayed in summer 2011 based on reviews i read here, but could not believe the disparity tween reviews and actual fact.feel vindicated now with the recent plethora of awful ,negative reviews on this filthy,scamming hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank clivew999
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I am writing this report as I sit in the lobby of hotel. I booked this hotel through Asia Rooms after reading reports on this site. I paid extra for a Delux room as Asia Rooms stated that this guaranteed you a pool view!!! The room I was given when I arrived was looking straight onto a brick wall 6" from my balcony. When I consulted the hotel manager and showed her a copy of my booking that clearly states pool view,she did not care, she just said you booked a Delux room and this is a Delux room. I refused to stay in the room and took a downgrade to a superior room. It had no balcony or view but at least I was not looking at a brick wall. The next day I was offered a move to a family room which was very nice. It looked on to the entry court yard. They said I could have the room I paid for after 3 days, I was only there for 6 days so decided not to bother. I have to be honest and say the staff are excellent, and when they seen how angry I was with not getting what I paid for they did try to help. The big + for this hotel is the location which is excellent. If you can afford a wee bit extra go to the holiday inn next door. Would I stay again?...I probably would as after the initial hassle the holiday was great. I just don't know how you can guarantee a decent room. I never did get that pool view room I paid for!!!!!,
I think the hotel tries to get rid of the crap rooms first and hopes some people don't complain. We were the last guests to arrive on our arrival day, I'm sure everyone before us refused our room, so by the time we got here it was the only one left.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel by email before you arrive.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RabKate69
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed in Horizon Patong from 2nd till 12th of December.
The hotel is situated in the centre of the Patong. From one side just across the road there is a beautiful beach and from other side city centre with lots of shopping malls, restaurant and pub, discos etc. This is perfect location if you want to have active holidays. Around the hotel there is plenty of all kind of attractions.
In the hotels there are two swimming pools with the bars, gym and two restaurants. The hotel is not very big. In the hotel you have the feeling like you would not be in the city centre. Plenty of trees and flowers. We really enjoyed it.
We had a room with a pool view. The room is very big and very clean. One disadvantage is the balcony which is too small. There is only place for two people.
The breakfast is great. Can’t complain.
The atmosphere in the hotel is very nice. Stuff is very polite and helpful.
I would recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends