3,685 results
All reviews elite room pool bar kantok restaurant misty bar day bed on the balcony elite pool access oreos premier pool free mini bar patong beach premier room honeymoon suite beach bag replenished daily access room beautiful resort bangla road
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived at Burasari we were blown away by the beautiful entry. The staff was very nice and helpful anytime we interacted with them. It is located literally 2 seconds from Patong beach which is filled with families and young hip teens that can be alot of fun. Id call them surfer types but I dont believe there is surfing at Patong beach. The grounds were as nice as the entry and the breakfast had everything you could ever want and was delicious. We had a standard room but it was still very comfortable and pretty inside. I didnt smell the "mold" that some of the other reviewers talked about. This is the perfect place for honeymooners, families, or singles. There is a ton of stuff to do around here, tons of taxis, and shopping. It was also a safe location for first timers like us. I wish we had gotten to stay longer!

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Alexandra S
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked on an impulse so when I read the bad reviews on the hotel, I freaked out cos I hate cockroaches and rats.

Thankfully, our room was on the fourth floor so it was pretty far away from the ground and free from cockroaches and rats. YAY!

The positive points: (1) We went during a low peak period so the resort was not very crowded and quite peaceful. (2) It's a resort so there were lots and lots of greenery. Some are quite overgrown and there's quite a lot of stagnant water. We saw a cleaning crew trimming the bushes on one of the days during our stay. But when we came back that day, I still saw some leaves in the water. I hope they'll clean it though. Stagnant water breeds mosquitoes.

The negative points: (1) Like the other reviews, I think the front desk people could smile a little more. They looked a little stoned and lost when I asked them basic questions. However, there was this really nice guy working during the breakfast period. He saw us poring over a map and he stopped by our table to offer some tips on where we should go and how to get there, despite the fact that he needed to work. (2) Breakfast box sucked. We had to catch an early flight and couldn't stick around for breakfast so we requested for them to send us some simple breakfast (like buns) to our room at 5am. They gave us a coupon and we asked them if they will be sending it up. They said yes but we waited and waited and it didn't arrive. When we went down to the front desk to check out, we saw some breakfast boxes behind the desk. Then it occurred to us that we were to redeem the breakfast at the front desk using the coupon. On hindsight, I guess they didn't quite understand what we were talking about. Anyway, the breakfast box was really sad. Unless you are going to somewhere isolated with no shops or eateries, skip the breakfast box and have a good breakfast at the airport or wherever it is you're heading. Oh but breakfast is pretty good. :)

Room tip: (1) Book the hotel through websites like Agoda, especially when there is a promotion. It is significantly cheaper than if you were to book straight from the hotel. (2) The hotel transfer to and from the airport is quite expensive (1000 baht). (3) Get one of those anti-mosquitoes if you're planning to open the windows. They can get quite brutal. (4) Make sure the toilet works. Ours didn't so we had to call the technician to fix it. (5) Get a room on a high floor. I think you should be pretty safe from the cockroaches and rats. :D
Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just have to say this place gets better with age. I love the set up and how close it is located to the nightlife. Phuket will always be a great spot for nightlife and shopping....as well as lounging in the sun! I am so glad I came back after all these years. I love, love, love the Burasari and its staff! Thanks for making our holiday great!

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank topo2802
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nothing too good to say about this place. It was fine because we approached it with a very positive attitude and didn't know what the other places were like at the beginning of our trip but seemed underwhelming compared to our expectations. We were supposed to have a mood room but they ran out of them and we ended up in honeymoon suite instead - had a bit of ambience but mostly underwhelming. Not short of mosquitos there either which we didn't find at all the other places. Oh and Patong is rubbish - absolute Bogan-ville.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Recently spent 6 nights here. I had booked a Premier room through Agoda at a very good rate but we were given a Classic room which was a downgrade. The room was satisfactory as it had a kingsize bed with a topper so we did not have to suffer sleeping on a typical Thai mattress that resembles a concrete slab. The bathroom had a shower in the bath where the showerhead was positioned too low for us and the water hit us at tummy level - made hair washing interesting and we often flooded the floor. We had an end room with 2 tiny balconies that were hardly wide enough to stand on meaning we had to use the provided wooden clothes horse inside the room, but the room was certainly big enough. The last negative is that there was nowhere to put our suitcases other than the floor, but again as the room was quite large they did not get in our way.

Now for the positives: each room was provided with 2 beach towels in a sturdy basket which guests were encouraged to take out with them and were replaced each evening by phoning Housekeeping. The selection of toiletries provided was good. The minibar was free although the choice was not vast, and there was free tea and coffee. Our room had 2 easy chairs and a small table as well as a desk and a large chest of drawers on top of which was the tv. The wardrobe contained plenty of hangers, 2 bathrobes and slippers, and the safe. When we arrived our safe was locked open - this was attended to promptly and again when it refused to accept our code this was rectified quickly. We also found our toilet was leaking onto the floor from the rear seal and again Housekeeping along with Maintenance rectified this very quickly.

Breakfast was a good selection - 4 juices, 4 cereals, pastries, an egg station, 6 hot food selections, fruit, dairy, cold meats and Asian food. Service was prompt no matter what time we arrived. The hotel has 2 swimming pools which were never crowded when we went there but that was mostly late afternoon. Guests are provided with free WiFi codes to use either on your own device or the 3 laptops at the main bar. We were right at the edge of the WiFi territory in our room and sometimes experienced dropouts.

My partner had a pizza for dinner 1 night which he said wasn't great. I did not eat dinner or lunch at the hotel so cannot comment. There is a good Happy Hour every night - buy 1 get 1 free, which we didn't realise and were pleasantly surprised to receive 2 cocktails extra. The staff are charming, friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is good, walking distance to everything in Patong and far enough away from the noise.

This was my 4th trip to Phuket and I was a little disappointed with the quality of the room but it was certainly adequate. This was my partner's 1st trip and he felt the hotel was lovely. Having said all this I would stay there again but upgrade the room to a balcony room with daybed.

Room tip: The pool access rooms looked great but are certainly not private. The balcony rooms with day beds surrounded by curtains would be my pick.
Date of stay: August 2012