“Pleasant”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here with 2 other couples in April. Having stayed here before over our honeymoon our expectations were high as our previous stay was very nice. We requested a specific room which then wasn't available but we were given a choice of two other rooms. Our room was nice, as expected, but on our final night we experienced a strange water leak and found a water puddle on our bed side table and floor. As a result our camera charger blew. We then noticed that the wood under the bed had started rotting, probably over time, as a result from this leak. The breakfast buffet was nice but the service was once again, not what was expected.
Besides for the above grievances the other two couples were blown away by their stay at the Burasari with regards to their room and overall experience. They enjoyed the quiet retreat within the busy town of Patong as well as their rooms. They opted for the Elite pool access whereas we stayed in the Elite room which was upstairs. The staff were friendly and offered good service. We preffered to stay inside the hotel and enjoy the hotels lunch and cocktails during the day, it was a real treat.

Room Tip: The Elite and Elite pool access were a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,326)

Reviewed 17 September 2012

How anyone can fault Burasari I don't know!! This resort is absolutely beautiful not too big not too small, the staff were lovely (especially in the spa) it is located in the perfect spot so you are able to walk everywhere!! Breakfast was amazing!! And the little touches just made it all the better...a birthday cake was put in the mini bar for me as a surprise on my bday!! We will stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My stay in the Chandra Wing at the Bura Sari for the first time in 2011 made me believe that this was a fantastic resort and deserved all the credits that it receives on Trip Advisor. My return visit in 2012 saw me placed in a room in the Dara Wing and I would now strongly advise against staying at this resort. The Bura Sari remains incredibly clean - the service staff clearly take great pride in their work and the resort is always spotlessly clean - inside the rooms and out. The Front Desk staff appear to be more focussed on anything other than assisting customers - the Guest Book advises you that the Front of House staff will purchase stamps for you - only it would seem that nobody bothered to tell the staff, as they curtly direct you to the 7/11 next door if you ask them for this assistance. Nobody minds buying their own stamps, but if the book says that the staff will do it for you - then that is what they should do. Allegedly this resort is going for some sort of Green Stamp recognition - only again it would seem that nobody has told the hotel staff as they present you with clean, freshly laundered towels every day, despite you doing what you are told to avoid this situation and hanging the towels up to dry. IT IS NOT the staff's fault, they are doing what they have been instructed. The reason I would suggest that nobody stays in the Dara Wing - it is at the back of the resort so you look out over the next door neighbour's balcony and thus have to keep your curtains drawn the whole time that you are in the room. And if you are really unfortunate like I was, you are given the last room on that floor, next to the fire exit door which is clearly used as some sort of staff entry as the door bangs shut continuously through the night - Patong is famous for being noisy but you really can't hear any of that when you are inside the cacooning comfort of the resort. But you WILL be kept awake by the noise of the slamming door. PLUS as a single woman staying at the resort on my own, for a second time, to arrive and find all of the external doors to my room unlocked showed a complete lack of consideration. My being on my own was not unknown to the resort - that's what my reservation was for - to tell them who was attending. The majority of the Bura Sari staff are helpful and very friendly, Thai polite but so many aspects of my second stay mean that I will most likely never take the risk of staying there again. I sent the hotel a letter in June about the disappointment of my stay - and when I heard nothing from them in SEPTEMBER I sent it again via email and asked them if they were going to acknowledge me. I have heard nothing from them in this regard. They once asked me to post my views of my stay at the Bura Sari on Trip Advisor - this is the first time I have felt compelled to review a hotel and am so sad that I have to tell people about my second stay. For the rate that you pay, I know that you can find better accommodation in Patong - because I have stayed at those other places. And now it seems I will have to do so for my next trip there. IF you are going to stay at the Bura Sari PLEASE MAKE SURE that you ASK for a room that is not in the DARA WING. Your trip deserves to be perfect - it won't be if you stay in the Dara Wing. Good luck and enjoy - the rest of Patong can always make up for a bad hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you DON'T STAY in the Dara Wing
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank theldag
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here for 7 days in January 2012 with two friends. The hotel staff were polite and friendly, and after I burnt my leg on a Motorbike (Be Careful!!) couldn't have been more helpful ensuring I received good first aid treatment.
Breakfast was always delicious and served with a smile.
We booked one night at a cheaper backpacker style hotel and then used the next day to look at the options, as you can barter a really good price if you show up on the day. Although it was peak season and the first two hotels we tried at were fully booked or way out of our price range we managed to get a beautiful room at Burasari for less than half the normal price. WOW! Was so impressed and the pool is delightful!

Room Tip: We booked one night at a cheaper backpacker style hotel and then used the next day to look at the op...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamara D
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Staying at the Burasari right now. Checked in a week ago and have not had one regret about choosing this hotel.

PROS:
-The premises are clean and well maintained. Floors are clean, gardens are clean. Pools are clean.

-There are 2 pools. One is a standard square style with lounges and palm trees around it and a waterfall flowing into the pool. The other pool is a unique style - it has a large central deck area in the middle with trees and deck chairs on it, and the pool goes around the outside of the deck area. There are 2 bridges to access the deck and you go under the bridges if you are swimming. This is also the pool that has the beautiful swim-up bar, with Happy Hour 2-for-1 cocktails from 2pm-8pm. You can also order bbq food and salad from the poolside grill at very cheap prices. Right next to the swimup bar is a sports bar with a pool table, lounges, several tvs etc. A great leisurely way to relax away from the hustle and bustle of Patong.

-I have a Premier Grand room and it is huge. I have a Kingsize bed at home and the bed in here is bigger than a normal Kingsize! The mattress is firm but it does not leave any soreness or back pain whatsoever. I have the best sleep here! We have a balcony that faces out to the road but there are two independent sets of sliding glass doors out to the balcony to drown out any street noise. The only noise from the road I hear is a faint rumble if a very large truck goes past. You do not hear cars or scooters or people going past. The airconditioning in the room is completely adjustable (temp, timer etc) and it works very well. The bathroom is also spacious with a huge shower with 2 showerheads! There are his&hers sinks and a normal western style toilet (keep the lid closed as the sewers in all of Patong are a tad smelly). The room is quiet with regards to neighbour noise. You do not hear any noise from people in the next room. There is a big flat screen LCD with all the main standard cable channels (BBC, Skynews, Movie channel etc) as well as local Thai programs. The minibar is stocked with cans of soft drink, beer, some Oreo cookies and chips - all of which is FREE and replenished daily. There is also free bottled water provided in the room daily for drinking and brushing your teeth and they do not recommend swallowing tap water anywhere in Phuket. There are ample power outlets for charging your devices, and if you forget to bring an adapter there is a Universal Outlet in the room which will accept any style plug (it puts out 220v). I simply bring a 4 outlet powerboard and plug it into the universal outlet and have all my chargers connected to the powerboard (phones, laptop etc). The curtains completely block out all light when closed. You could wake up at noon, and with the darkness and quietness you would not know what is happening outside. The in-room safe is great and easy to use. There is ample hanging space and coathangers and heaps of drawers if you can be bothered unpacking the suitcase.

-Housekeeping is done daily and the staff are very friendly.

-The location is the best in Patong. Situated on a quiet street but only minutes away from all the action. It is about 3 min walk to Otop Markets, 2 mins walk to Patong beach. 10 mins to Bangla Road - but it doesnt feel like 10 mins because you are walking past all these great shopping market stalls and checking out their products. 10 min to upmarket Jungceylon. There is a 7-11 right next door for any extras you might need (bug repellant etc) and there is a laundrette on the other side which will do your laundry overnight and have it dried, folded and ready for pickup for 50baht per kg (about AUD$1.60/kg).

-There is a tour desk onsite to help with information and booking of any tours you might want to do. Book them all when you get here as it is cheaper than from back home.

-There is a sumptuous buffet breakfast included in your room rate. It has all of the things a good hotel buffet breakfast has - bacon, hash browns, toast, french toast, pancakes, baked beans, sausages, eggs and omelets made to order any way you like, pastries, cereals, fresh fruits, tea, coffee, fresh fruit juices, as well as some Thai things like flat noodles with meat, fried rice, boiled rice etc. You never walk away hungry. A good way to start the day.

-Check in was fast and easy. Simply fill out a registration form (having a cool glass of iced tea that they have waiting for you while you do the paperwork), leave a credit card imprint (or 3000baht cash) and you are shown to your room. Staff were very friendly and pleasant.

-Room service is excellent. We didnt feel like going out one night so we ordered room service. We got 2 entrees (fish cakes and garlic bread which were both DELICIOUS) and 2 mains (also delicious) and 1 dessert for about AUD$22 total. The food took about 25 minutes to arrive and was hot and tasty.

CONS:
-None. Not one thing bad to say about this hotel.

I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good clean convenient quiet place to stay in Patong, Phuket. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have a Premier Grand room and love it. Haven't seen any other types of rooms here but if my r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dainus
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We specifically requested Room 2101 - not a pool access, but pool was 10m from front gate. This room was a honeymoon suite. We had an outside two person spa also.
The bed was enormous. Larger than a king sized bed. Upon arrival, it felt incredibly hard, yet each morning, neither of us suffered any kind of back discomfort (48&47yo).
Why Burasari a 2nd time?
It is a haven in the middle of Patong madness.
Step outside and you are amongst the true Patong activity, inside you escape to peaceful surroundings.
There are areas for improvement --
A curtain separated our bathroom from the bedroom. Neither of us liked that.
The breakfast offerings need someone with fresh eyes to look at what they are offering and to really consider how to improve, how to be different to other resorts, lift the bar.
What we did notice is that staff do not greet you. As you enter the restaurant area, a guest should be greeted by staff and pleasantries exchanged. After all, this IS Thailand.
With coffee topups, we couldn't raise a smile from the waiters. They seemed unhappy and/or harrassed. (What happened to the Land of Smiles?)
If you look around the resort, you can see shortcuts being taken regarding maintenance.

Room Tip: Resort layout is like a rabbit warren. We have now stayed in Burasari's cheapest rooms, and th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is a truly beautiful resort hotel super close to Patong beach. The entry to the hotel is amazing, and the pool is located at the middle of the hotel and has a sweet bar! There is a lot of shopping right around the corner as well. I would definitely stay here again!The shower was set up a little funny and water would get all over when i showered, but who really cares!

Room Tip: Even a standard room is big, we had 3 people with an extra bed and we were all very comfortable!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.4 km away
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
0.1 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!