“Are repeat customers welcome here?”
Review of Burasari Resort

Burasari Resort
Ranked #6 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5-6 years. Whilst I obviously like its location, ambience and general facilities, the standard of customer service and overall mangement of guests by reservation/front office staff is very much below par.

Despite the fact that I am a fairly frequent guest, the Check-in is without exception always a problem. I am familiar with the Hotel's various room and wing options and always ask to be accommodated in a room that I actually booked. Not an upgrade but just what I reserved.

Perhaps it is due to their increased popularity but you would expect that a regular customer might be given some consideration. Hotel management does not appear keen to acknowledge or even encourage regular patronage.

As a good example of this attitude, I would mention that I e-mailed the Burasari last year with an inquiry regarding accommodation during February 2011. No doubt this is a busy period for the Hotel but despite the fact that I also followed up my request with 2 further e-mails in December, I am still here today awaiting the courtesy of a reply.

The lack of a timely response has left me with no other option than to book with another hotel. It is a pity as I would prefer to stay at the Burasari.

When guest numbers start to fall off later in the year ,perhaps the Burasari management will get around to responding to their e-mails.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,325)

Reviewed 17 January 2011

The Burasari Resort is a great place to stay for singles and couples WITHOUT KIDS, it is very much geared towards that market which is great for me! Nothing more annoying than screaming kids! There were some young teens there but were keeping themselves occupied easily and seem to be having lots of fun there. Leaving there parents to relax a bit!
The Resort is very well set out in a great location very close to the beach, shopping and night life, but when you return from the hustle and bustle of Patong you seem to be in another world! Calm and in a relaxed setting!
The Resort is starting to show its age a bit and does need a major renovation to get everything working back to normal, The tsunami of 2004 would have really had a big effect on the resort!
The Staff in general where excellent, very friendly and very helpful.
The Breakfasts where excellent, great food!
And the Free mini bar and WiFi (not the fastest but its free and you are on holidays, no time to be stuck on the net) were a great touch.
The General Manager is Conor O'leary (a Irishman) he is a very nice guy and if you are having trouble getting something fixed up or something is getting lost in translation it is easier to speak to him direct in english and he will sort it out!
We enjoyed our stay there very very much and would go back there again anytime.
I hope they do a major refurbishment soon as the resort set out and postion is awesome!
I wish there where more resorts in this style around!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We stayed the last 5 days of our holidays at Burasari and were a little disappointed from start. The website looks very nice and the pictures make the hotel seem very nice, but we felt it as very stuffy and we stayed in a Premier room out to the sometimes very noisy street.

The room was nice looking in bright colors, but a bit worn. The air-condition was just above the bed, so you got the air directly on you and there is no other place to sit.

The staff was nice and helpful and the hotel was located 50 m. away from the beach and a lot of street shops. The staff even told us to go else where to get some food, so we didn't get to try anything but the breakfast that was included and it was fine.

The best thing about this hotel is that it's so close to the beach and we recommend that you try to take a longtailboat to freedom beach and relax in paradise.

We won't stay at this hotel again, but we wont stay in Patong again anyway, its to crowded.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I was upgraded to a Junior Suite as the hotel was overbooked. Checking in took a long time, and I found the staff quite abrupt. Once I arrived in my room I found it to be spacious, cool and with all the necessary amenities.
My only complaint was that the shower nozzle had fallen off and I had to hold it manually to shower myself. I asked them to fix it, but they didn't for the length of my stay.
The free mini-bar was a nice surprise...it's the little things!
I didn't eat at the hotel with a night market on my doorstep, but I had a swim in the pool on the first night which was wonderful. It's a huge pool (a little too shallow) and is like a little oasis in the middle of the hotel.
The location is fantastic being so close to the markets and the beach and the bed was spectacular! I slept so well.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We stayed 2 nights recently at The Burasari Hotel in Phuket, right off the beach at Patong. When entering the hotel from the trafficated street - it felt like entering a different world. The entire design was a fusion of water meeting lush green vegatation and totally removed us from the adjacent urban environment. It felt like we had entered a magic door to envision a world within a world. The whole place was full of running water, pools and gardens, setting a mood of peaceful tranquility upon us immediately.
Our room was great with a huge "lying couch", wifi, nice bathroom and a balcony overlooking the garden. all the amneties were that there one could expect from a 5 star establishment. add a romantic spa on-site and Presto - we have a winner!
The bar had a very nice concept with a newsletter as a comical menu that both was humorous and good tasting. The drink list was refined, the house drinks were great and the service impeccable. We dined one night in the restaurant and the setting was extremely romantic with a live band performing and Thai dancers dancing as well. The dining experience was enhanced by the fact that the food was truly great as well.
in the day - we took a trip to the Phi Phi Islands where we had great weather, great company and a fantastic experience. Snorkling, feeding monkies, swimming in the famous Maya bay (from "The Beach") and seeing the fantastic cliff formations on some of the prettiest beaches the world can offer All in all an imemorable experience at a great place. When one does not consider price as an obstacle - choose the Burasari as the value and experience are both there! Highly recomended!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobborealis
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Excellent place to stay could not fault it, would definately recommend it, Had a lovely relaxed feel to it and everything worked !! yah... very handy to every thing the beach 1 min walk a 7-11 right next door. Breakfast was lovely and lots of variety . Will definatley stay here again . Thank you to staff and managment for a great stay

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2010

It was a great experience to stay in Burasari Resort. As a business traveler, I found it perfect for me who has a little time to relax due to lot of business meetings to attend. It best suit my needs as a leisure traveler this time. I was able to relax and breathe fresh air away from the busy cities all over the world.

Overall, found my stay relaxing. The balcony in my room overlooking the sea was my favorite spot. Next time I travel to Phuket I would still book for this room. Just so perfect for me. Everything's perfect. The service from all staff, the location, breakfast was superb except for the facilities especially the pool. Hope the management would focus on this. But I would still recommend this to all my friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.4 km away
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
0.1 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!